Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thrashed Cateagle

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 2:46 am    Post subject: Thrashed Cateagle Reply with quote

If any of you is wondering where I've been the last couple weeks, basically this last month has been a "Month from Hell" - between three of the four cats here needing to visit the vet, comp problems (still not fully resolved) from a MS upgrade and necessitating paid trouble-shooting help, and, last Sunday, an auto accident that saw my car get struck by another (fortunately at low impact velocity and and angled collision instead of straight on), I'm looking at $1500 in unexpected expenses and getting my computer back to reasonably reliable operation after getting it back and running, but poorly, has really sapped a lot of time and energy. Writing and editting have, perforce, taken a back seat to restoring a modicum of system reliability.

Happy New Year, anyway,
Cateagle

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear the new year is starting out rough for you.

Stormwalker

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, that's not cool Cateagle. I trust that the cats are recovering, and that no-one was injured in the accident? I know what you mean about computers, though - at the best of times, they can be completely unpredictable, and it only goes downhill from there (especially when you actually WANT to use the computer for something slightly complicated...) However, if you need a hand, send me a PM/email, and I'd be very happy to lend you a hand (though, with my extrememly limited experience, I'm not sure how much help I'll be:))
Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:35 pm    Post subject: SIGH!! Reply with quote

Things have not gotten any better, my comp is still acting up, though Hikaru has given me some great help in reducing the number of reboots. Meanwhile, finances lurch along, the latest afflictions being around $250 for a root canal/crown and a tax bill fo some $410. In addition, the lack of a flu shot last fall has meant two week, or more, long bouts of the flu this year. I just got out of the last one that lasted a week and a half.

Meanwhile, writing and editting efforts continue apace and 4.5 of From The Wings is definitely going to have Debbye learning a lot more about Lee, some of it rather unexpected. When the story is rather farther along, readers may note my application of (Anton) Checkov's law in this installment.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should also note that the kitty who required two vet visits just required a re-visit as the problem re-occurred. Another $53 expense I didn't need.
Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bleh!! For those who've noticed, I've not been here the last week or so 'cause I've been dealing with a third round of sinus infection that's really laid me low (sleeping 12+ hours a day and headachy the rest of the time Sad Razz ). I am working on various projects as headaches allow, though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> cateagle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: