Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Odd notificatations
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Site Problems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Galadrion

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 1:50 pm    Post subject: Odd notificatations Reply with quote

I'm not sure if this is a problem or what, but in the last quarter-hour, I've recieved two notifications of a new reply on a topic.

The topic was listed as "RPers?", with the following link address: http://www.planetfurry.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=7587#7587. The odd thing about this is as follows: I cannot find the topic, and the link gives me a "No such topic" reply. Any idea what this is? Could it be a problem with PHPBB?

Anyway, just thought I'd post this in case it's a database glitch or a software problem; hopefully, it's nothing major, but if it's important, at least the administrators now have some warning.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
caspian

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Galadrion,

I was in the same folder and it gave me an error also saying something about a "German Script Translation error".

Sorry i dont have more details. It happened as i was trying to qoute Torics first Poast under that topic.

Caspian

Galadrion

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just out of curiosity, which topic was it under? I can't for the life of me remember, and I haven't been able to find it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
caspian

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every day Blither blather RGers?

It did it again and i am cuting and pasting the erorr and staying out of the folder.

Couldn't find template file: ./language/lang_german/email/topic_notify.tpl

DEBUG MODE

Line : 99
File : /home/virtual/site1/fst/var/www/html/forums/includes/emailer.php

Caspian

Galadrion

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm. I've found it now - it isn't moving up the list, so it's on the second page. Your post is there, Caspian - three times, so it's accepting the posts, but for some reason, it's not adjusting the position.
caspian

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if it is there three times I hope modorator can remove the first two Smile They are not needed.

Caspian

Toric

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm... sorry that one of my posts is causing such havoc... I am unfortunately, over here in germany... I have no clue what bearing that has on the error though. Whiplash and the crew are the ones who will fix it though, assuming it's a problem with the site, and not a problem with your computer.

and, if it is the latter, I'm sure somefur will have some sage advice on how to diagnose and cure it. How many computer engineers and sysadmins do we have here on the board, anyway? ^.^
Galadrion

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Grin* Probably more than anyone realizes. And, even though the topic is one you started, I doubt that you're the cause - although it may have something to do with the fact that your posts originated in and/or were routed through servers in Germany and/or other German-speaking countries, in light of that strange error message which Caspian recieved. (I didn't recieve that one, so I can't really say.)

Actually, the "problem" about which I originally wrote doesn't really exist - the topic is there, it's just not moving up the page when someone adds new posts to it. Strange, probably not accounted for in the PHPBB documentation (if such even exists), but not particularly problematic. Caspian's complaint, of an apparent formatting incompatibility, is a matter I would regard as more serious - 'tis there I would focus my efforts were I an administrator. Though, as I'm not, I'm not sure what would be involved, and I am sure I have no business telling them theirs...
Whip-lash
Kneel before me... for I am Root!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 7:05 pm    Post subject: Fix? Reply with quote

The problem looks like someone has their language setting set to German. I have not had time to install the multi-lingual package for phpbb2 yet, so everyone please make sure the your default language is set to English.
Whip-lash

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Galadrion wrote:
*Grin* Probably more than anyone realizes. And, even though the topic is one you started, I doubt that you're the cause - although it may have something to do with the fact that your posts originated in and/or were routed through servers in Germany and/or other German-speaking countries, in light of that strange error message which Caspian recieved. (I didn't recieve that one, so I can't really say.)

Actually, the "problem" about which I originally wrote doesn't really exist - the topic is there, it's just not moving up the page when someone adds new posts to it. Strange, probably not accounted for in the PHPBB documentation (if such even exists), but not particularly problematic. Caspian's complaint, of an apparent formatting incompatibility, is a matter I would regard as more serious - 'tis there I would focus my efforts were I an administrator. Though, as I'm not, I'm not sure what would be involved, and I am sure I have no business telling them theirs...

Nah, it's someone's default language setting. The files that setting is looking for aren't there yet.
Whip-lash

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspian wrote:
Well if it is there three times I hope modorator can remove the first two Smile They are not needed.

Caspian

Fixed. Smile Now I'm just waiting for the users to update their language settings.

The problem with it not going up the list even though you're posting to it is because of the language problem. Once this is fixed, any further posts will not get an error. Someone who is subscribed to that particular topic has their language set to "German", which is broken, causing the subscription email to fail.

Enough of my riddles. Smile
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whip-lash wrote:
Fixed. Smile Now I'm just waiting for the users to update their language settings.

Oh, I hope it isn't me because I won't be home until the end of the month.

Whip-lash

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tygon wrote:
Oh, I hope it isn't me because I won't be home until the end of the month.

You're logged in, so you should be able to change your profile settings from anywhere. The settings are stored on the server.

Besides, your user is set to English. Very Happy
Whip-lash

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 8:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Odd notificatations Reply with quote

Galadrion wrote:
I'm not sure if this is a problem or what, but in the last quarter-hour, I've recieved two notifications of a new reply on a topic.

The topic was listed as "RPers?", with the following link address: http://www.planetfurry.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=7587#7587. The odd thing about this is as follows: I cannot find the topic, and the link gives me a "No such topic" reply. Any idea what this is? Could it be a problem with PHPBB?

Anyway, just thought I'd post this in case it's a database glitch or a software problem; hopefully, it's nothing major, but if it's important, at least the administrators now have some warning.

This is caused by someone posting something and then deleting it, or it is related to the language setting.
Toric

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S'not I. my language setting is to english also.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Site Problems All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: