Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
admford

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 8:32 pm    Post subject: Help! Reply with quote

Ok, so it might not be so urgent Razz

Anyways I've been interested in learning to play guitar for a while now. Though i'm not really interested in the classic one, more on the electric guitar. I really don't have much time at the university as of late (finals coming up in February, means christmas break filled with aerospace questions, calculus equations, and chemistry problems to solve in the masses).

A few days ago a guitar by Yamaha caught my eye. the EZ-EG electronic electric guitar. It doesn't have strings, but it's frets are buttons that light up to tell you what chord to play. Basically it's the guitar and the programs that come with it that actually teach you the basics.

From what i've heard on the web, it seems to be really good for beginers to start learning how to play. even though it doesn't cover much music theory or similar, it get's you started off pretty well, and since it won't sound bad if you miss a chord (it won't play the off chord), it's easy on the ego and on the neighbor's ears. A plus side is that it has a Midi interface that would let me connect it to my PowerBook and use in GarageBand, and I can use normal speakers (or it's built in one), or any amplifier to play.

The price is a bit expensive (about 300 dollars), but with me not having the time or money to take lessons in the evening it's pretty tempting. I know that after I manage to learn the basics and actually start playing normal songs I'll move on to a real guitar eventually. Anyways, I'd like any input from any of you furs out there who play the guitar or have tried the EZ series of guitars from Yamaha.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
monkeyspoon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play electric guitar. I got a samick for $350 with amp and everything.

basically I just download guitar tabs and learn songs from them.

but i suppose one of those things would teach better and faster.

yay I can play led zeppelin.... almost.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Music Plaza All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: