Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chapter 49
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Sabrina Online the Story
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Henry_Hound

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's another way women "save" money.

My mom works at a Tractor Supply Co. store here in St. Joe and last week they were having a 20%off sale on some picture frames. A lady bought them at that price. This week the sale went up to 25% off the same frames. The lady came back and asked for the difference off. Now the lady lives in a small twon that is quite a ways away. about 20-30 minutes one way. That was the only reason she came to St. Joe was to save $1.40 on those picture frames. Think d'oh! That didn't even pay for the gas she used to get the additional discount.

mwalimu

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hortmage wrote:
Although...one does wonder...why was Sabrina trying to twirl a crowbar (heavy!) in front of a mirror, in the nude? That doesn't sound like the innocent little skunk we all know and love....

The crowbar may have to do with a running gag that started at a con some 15 or 20 years ago. I only found out about it recently in one of Ironbadger's posts.

Great chapter, Chris. I wonder how long it took Sabrina to get that swaying the hips and tail in opposite directions bit down pat. Judging from the way it affects Chris - well, let's just say if she keeps it up she must not mind having the fur on her wrists matted.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Typhun

Location: Somerset, England - The left armpit of the universe

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Regan wrote:

(Music plays)

"Tie me kangaroo down sport..."

Twisted Evil

NOT THAT SONG!!!!!!!!!!! ihateitihateitihateitihateitihateit! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

in that old-fasioned Avro of mine!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Henry_Hound

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or how about this one.

A waltzing matilda, waltzing matilda.
Oh won't you go A waltzing matilda with me.
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goin to the country going to eat me a lot of peaches, Oh I'm Goin to the country going to eat me a lot of peaches. Twisted Evil

AmigaDragon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
[quote="Tigermark"]Wow Chris! Welcome back to the land of the writing, LOL.

Thanks Smile Feels GREAT to be back!

Feels awfully good to have been missed Smile

Hey, I've only been reading these stories starting 3 weeks ago and I'm already anxious for chapter 50 (and Tab chapter 14, James' ZZ chapter 96 and Josh's chapter 21). I miss new chapters after just a week.

Quote:
Chris!
... who now no longer need keep people waiting, Eric's relented and now the chapters can go straight up! w00t! Smile

I was wondering, does this comment relate to a situation like that in chapter 25 (Chris' pleading with Eric at the Mustelidae home)?
What happened then in chapter 28 was a nasty trick... I liked it Very Happy I was figuring as I read it that it had to be just somebody's dream. Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boy RC is hard pressed to find any love around here isn't he, when a fellow coon disses him.

Typhun

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

personally, i havve no problem with RC. i mean, think of it as two seperate realities. one with Chris, and the other without....

or failing that, just pretend RC doesn't exist

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
AmigaDragon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
When first written it was not a dream. That was the end of the story.

Ouch, I'm glad I wasn't waiting for a next chapter back then.

Quote:
I think when she finally met her "mystery man" it should have been a fox and not a 'coon.

I was fooled for a while by those black paws. I was thinking fox too.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tigermark
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I can see it in the strip now:

RC: Sabrina, I have a confession to make.
Sab: What?
RC: *reaches up and pulls away mask, revealing Chris* I had to hide, they were after me for so long, but now it's safe, and I can reveal the true me. I'm Chris Foxx.
Sab: *Taken aback* But, but, your fur! and your tail!
Chris: All dye jobs, my fur is a nice, foxy red underneath.
Sab: Hmmm, must be why that pic Zig left on my computer intrigued me so much. C'mere, you!
*Politely fade to black, thank you*

Tigermark

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Typhun

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm. storyline filler. dont you just love it?
racky raccoon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

.....well... ive never seen them in the same room together LMTO.

although that might be the fact Chris would beat the stuffing out of him lol.

well im hoping for chapter 50.. read it 50!!! wow thats a lot of words lol, lets just hope not more stuf hits the fan

-Mike Regan-
I want a Lawyer, a Doctor... A CHEESE SANDWICH
-Harley Quinn-
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Skype Name
Typhun

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

racky raccoon wrote:
, lets just hope not more stuf hits the fan

how very, very true...

ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hortmage wrote:
Allow me to add my congrats on a fine chapter!

Although...one does wonder...why was Sabrina trying to twirl a crowbar (heavy!) in front of a mirror, in the nude? That doesn't sound like the innocent little skunk we all know and love....

Contractual obligations??? Question

<VBG>

It's a throwback to an old furry fandom joke Iron Badger told me.

Steve Gallacci of Albedo fame had a small problem at a con with a minor fan who wanted his character Erma Felna drawn in a very adult way, along with butting into a conversation he was having. Long story short, Jim Groat parodied the kid (and his dad) and asked for a picture of Erma Felna "naked, with a crowbar". He loved the idea, he did it, and from then on every furry artist worth his or her weight in salt at some point drew their character naked holding a crowbar.

Only 2 known exceptions: Sabrina (she was clothed) and Portia of Fight Cast or Evade, which I drew for him here

For the whole story courtesy Iron Badger and myself, go here Smile

So that's a hidden joke for older furry fans in the know Smile

Chris!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Typhun wrote:
hmm. storyline filler. dont you just love it?

LOL! Yup! Smile

Actually, I do need to clarify something, Eric never asked me to continue The Story. He did kind of encourage it a little bit, in an indirect way.

Chapter 25 laid the groundwork for Chapter 28, the end, almost.

Because Eric had given me a heads-up on the dumpster diver (not that I'm jealous, mind you) was coming into the strip, and because I was paralleling the strip in The Story -- if something happened in the strip, every so often it was referenced in the next chapter -- I'd decided to do the honorable thing (sort of) and bring The Story to a close that would please everyone.

~ Sabrina could be with the drug addict pedophile (not that I'm jealous, mind you)

~ Chris and Wendy could get back together

Everybody happy, right?

Well, no ...

Following Chapter 25, my vacation was held up for an hour and a half as I carefully phrased an email reply to Eric that the idea was not a thinly-veiled attempt to garner public support to have him change the strip and make Chris Foxx her boyfriend in the strip (although the idea had gone through my mind, I'll admit that part, but knew better of course). My entire week at camp and in Canada, whenever I wasn't preoccupied with something, I was worrying about the future of The Story, and would it have one? When I'd come back I went straight to the PC, and Eric had been very gracious, but also asked why I couldn't just do something with a dream sequence. I explained to him I considered it but thought dream sequences were a story device that does nothing more than provide an easy out for that part of a plot.

Don't say it Razz

When Chapter 28 came out, I again had to talk Eric down from the ceiling.

Eric was highly [upset], seeing I was using him and the strip as "The Bad Guy". By the Afterward, I'd essentially made him God, not The Bad Guy. In the Afterward, it explained "Even with the best people, God sometimes says 'No'."

Upon later reflection, I supposed I could see his side of it. And to be honestly perfect, I really didn't want to end The Story, I thought it still had story potential to it. And Eric had also reminded me of what we all now know as "Alternate Sabrinaverse" (his words!), and I've lived comfortably within it ever since.

Now, what no one's been told ... well, no more than a couple, anyway ...

And I may still write it for posterity's sake, I dunno yet.

But anyway:

Had it stayed the way it was:

Chris would have come back to find Sabrina at his house. A very tearful get-together, followed by the suggestion that they have one last night together.

They drive to a hotel. Chris checks them in as "Chris and Sabrina Foxx", then gives Sabrina his credit card to pay for the room, having her sign the bill as "Sabrina Foxx".

And it's a love scene like no other love scenes ever. Chapter 9 would have been bupkis in comparison.

The daylight coming through half-closed blinds wake them. The bedclothes are a mess, they're not even really in the bed. Sabrina realizes she has to leave soon to go back to Columbus.

Now, something Chris knows that Sabrina doesn't, and is about to learn:

In the Commonweath of Pennsylvania, there is no such thing as a Common Law Marriage; instead, a couple are considered legally married if they only give the public impression they're married. This can be, oh, say, checking into a hotel as man and wife, her signing his surname with her first name ... for comedy relief Chris shows her a law book and points out the reference.

Sabrina's married!

So if you've ever seen the movie Same Time Next Year, that's what they plan, once a year they'll meet for a weekend to celebrate their anniversary. The rest of the world will see them with their own lives and their own families, and only they will know their secret. The chapter would end with Sabrina in her car, Chris telling her he'll see her soon, Sabrina waving and saying, "Same time, next year," and driving away.

Then each year, there would be a single Story adendum, each one an anniversary date.

See now what might've happened? Wink

Chris!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Sabrina Online the Story All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: