Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Halo2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> The Planetfurry Gamer's Guild
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sharc_Vulpus

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 7:41 pm    Post subject: Halo2 Reply with quote

Yeah incase you are living under a rock...with uh...net conection... Then you wouldn't know that Halo2 was realeased at midnight. Every one had to go rush out and buy it...welllllll except me.. Yeha i like Halo but I'll wait for the price to come down a bit before I'll be seeing Ol' Master Cheif agian.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i bought it.. now i gotta wait a few months before i can get xbox live.. but once i do.. i'll have yet another reason to not see the sun.
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got it too. Limited Edition coming in a metal case and with a bonus DVD containing Making Offs, etc.

Not that it does me much good... I am sorta out of xboxes as the moment so I won't be able to play it until I get back home. I thought the bonus DVD would help be getting over that fact... but they put a warning of story spoilers in it and from the reviews the story experience of Halo 2 is so damn good, I don't want to spoil it for myself.

So, as things stand I won't be able to play it until the end of the month.

bonehead54321

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gots it and it rocks. finally microsoft did something right the halo series.

You know my spelling sucks. You should also know that I dun care.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What was wrong with Halo, except for the repeating architecture?
Sharc_Vulpus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will probably never be getting this game now. I played a little bit at hastings the other day and I asked out loud "How is this different from Halo 1?"

Of course the fan boy next to me said "Well now you can jump!"

And interesting revalation! What a gaming upgrade the ability to jump! he went on futher to say "And now you can take vechiles"

My reply was "Couldn't you do that before?" "Well yeah but there are new levels and stuff"

"well it's hosted on earth so their would have to be new levels....there is nothing different about this game" I then walked off.

Forum Hatchetman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharc_Vulpus wrote:

Of course the fan boy next to me said "Well now you can jump!"

...you could jump in the first one. And you're putting stock in what this kid says?

Halo 2 is light-years beyond it's predecessor, in every area I can think of. Graphics, sound, functionality, AI, and most importantly fun factor have all improved. Yes, the game can be beaten in 12 hours (on regular). Try that again on legendary. Halo 1's Legendary has become Halo 2's Heroic. I'm still trying to beat the game on Legendary. Also, the game was built with X-Box Live in mind. Single-player will permanently enrich your multiplayer experience, for reasons I won't post because of my spoiler policy.

It's your choice as always but I'd spring for the game. And try for the Limited Edition, if you can manage it. There's some nice stuff in there.

I can do a full review tomorrow if requested.

(00:40:05) nbz: you win at the motherf***ing internet O_O
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should be called "Now you can jump better!" As Jbird said, all the technical aspects of the game are greatly improved. There are new abilities like dual wielding weapons, hijacking vehicles and other stuff. New weapons, bigger and more detailed environments and a really great plot in the single player mode.

You could just as well ask "How is Half-Life 2 different from Half-Life 1?" and will get pretty much the same answer. It is BETTER!

francesis

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could only find two things wrong with Halo 2, the stupid cliffhanger Mad,

that and it's not on the Gamecube Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok where to start.... Well "taking vechiles" is not what the kid meant he meant you could jump into a moving enemy vechile kick him off and use it to kill them. Double weilding of weapons has been added and is something you will be using alot off. The story line is good expt for the end had to be cut short cuz microsoft wanted the game out. The graphics are spectacular and if you look you can see some natural animals in the levels mostly birds tho. There fun to shoot Razz everything has been remade and redone. I love this game... not to mention they acually added ragdoll effects to it. when they die they "LOOK" dead well exept that putting a bullet hole in the head or something like that would max out the Xbox and make it run crappy. oh and you thought Doom 3 was hard on graphics. If Halo 2 comes out for PC... it will be the full graphics vertion. thats all I gotta say.

You know my spelling sucks. You should also know that I dun care.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tenshi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You forget to mention that if you consider taking it online, beware idiots with microphones. second you forget the consequences, as this is microsoft were speaking of so you will be paying out the rear... i have an equivalent of two t-1's runnign to my house yet i still lag... and talk about oddities, how do you keep getting the same damn maps over and over and over and over... yes i feel the need to be redundant because thats what the game does, you do not get to pick what you wish to play, you are considered a child and it is picked for you...
Then we run into another problem, the over power of the weapons...

The game by itself is worth it, online it is not worth the extra money per month you have to shell to the maker...

Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is not necessary to use Life to play Xbox games online, Tenshi
mrbish81

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool game.. i like it and everything.. only thing i didnt like about it is i think it got too much like UT2K3.. it just didnt keep that aspect that i like so much in the first one
Tenshi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tygon wrote:
It is not necessary to use Life to play Xbox games online, Tenshi

O.o;?

If your refrencing live then how do i turn off the option of hearing the other idiots, because i do not own a mic and even if i did i still don't want to hear them...

-imitates one of them.-
"Nar my name is 1idiot and i'm a berilliant startegest..."
Sori, but during one encounter i was told to go through the front door, on a map that has no front door, and besides that the ass started sniping me because i wasn't listening to him...
come on.

Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't help you there sine I never used Live one little bit. There are other, free services you can use to play Xbox games online so I stay the heck away from Live.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> The Planetfurry Gamer's Guild All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: