Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

*prays for feedback*
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Drawing Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vexxed

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:26 pm    Post subject: *prays for feedback* Reply with quote

Okay, since this area of the forum seems to be more active lately, I might as well strike while the iron is hot and get some responses. Some of my pics, for your viewing pleasure (or disgust, whichever it may be):

A new character, Flare (and no, she's not the mascot for that Mozilla browser)
Flare again
Actually, I haven't the foggiest idea WHAT this is...
My character on the bed *winkwink*
2 guys (not explicit)
Those 2 guys, there's a nekkid wuffytush shown but no naughty parts
Leaning against a sign
Wolf with a sword for some reason

Lurch

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are cute, don't stop drawing. I like how you did the faces.
Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those look decent, you've got a nice touch with faces. That third one is clearly a furry "&" symbol - or a furry snake that got caught by some scouts Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Typhun

Location: Somerset, England - The left armpit of the universe

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats one HELL of a sword. i like your style. its free from the common vice of artists putting TOO MUCH detail on a pic. do more! and Hurry!
in that old-fasioned Avro of mine!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Danny
Banned From Internets

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, 10 thumbs up Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Skype Name
Vexxed

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, thanks for the comments, the responses have really inspired me to keep going. (I'm that kind of person, I get motivated by feedback) I'll be sure to post anything new I draw as soon as possible.

As for the faces, I always thought I wasn't good at all with faces... They look kinda generic to me. But if you guys like them, then I guess they must be good Razz

And the fox-tail one is a treble clef. Like in music =^..^=

Scifer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like those pics a lot. I spent a lot of time looking at number 3. Looks ... 'musical' ? Confused Some of the backgrounds you used in the guys pics looked really good against the more cartoony foreground.

Just one question for my reference ... do you start drawing a character's eyes/ facial expressions first? 'cus I do ... most of the time, and your style looks very similar to how mine used to look ...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Skype Name
DomesticWolf

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lookin good. although me=talant^-5.3*10^10000000000

keep up the good work, and keep up the posting. If i get a scanner I might start posting some stuff that i havent done yet... ya Wink

FoxOfWar

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first pic caught my interest, Flare ish good. I also like the way you did the reflection, it's something I got to practice myself. Smile

And speaking of "Flares"... Laughing

Visit my deviantart(if you dare...)

Updated my furry code:
FCFmp6adrs A+ C- D- H+ M+++ P R++ T+++ W Z? Sm? RLU a17 cn+++ d- e? f+ h* i++ j? p- sm?
Vexxed

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scifer wrote:
I like those pics a lot. I spent a lot of time looking at number 3. Looks ... 'musical' ? Confused Some of the backgrounds you used in the guys pics looked really good against the more cartoony foreground.

Why thank you! *takes a bow*
Quote:
Just one question for my reference ... do you start drawing a character's eyes/ facial expressions first? 'cus I do ... most of the time, and your style looks very similar to how mine used to look ...

I do the general skeleton/outline of the body first, then a general idea of what the head should be, then fill in details from there. I've pretty much stuck with the guidelines in Iron Badger's tutorial for the general body, and Cirrel's tuts on front/side view heads, both of which I believe are stickies on this forum. I don't follow them to the letter, since I do the "guidelines" by memory, and I think I've begun developing a sort of style - but I must give credit where credit is due Wink

Oh, and @ FOW: Cool piccie! Me likes it a lot.

Cirrel

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hokay. Feedback. ('Member, you axed for it.)
First off they look like 'just past' beginners drawings WHICH IS NOT A BAD THING! Let me emphazize that. THIS IS NOT A BAD THING! It basically means you are right were you're supposed to be. Problem with a lot of folks who start to draw is that they don't like what they draw. Well of course it doesn't look like a pro artist! Theyre just beginning! What I'm saying is don't let the quality of your initial work get you down. Keep at it. It WILL get better. Guarenteed. BTW, when I say 'Beginning' that can actually cover a lot of territory - anywhere from a few days to several years, depending on how much time is spent on drawing in the first place.

Okay. What are the hallmarks of beginners drawings? One of the first things that stands out is the 2 dimentional look of the various body parts. These look like they are all drawn while looking at them straight on. No depth. It looks like you're starting to overcome that by using some shading and positioning of body parts to add depth. The first pic was nice in that you did it with a mirror, and the mirror image looks pretty accurate. This tells me you have the latent talent to get the 3d look. Keep working on it.

Another thing about beginning drawing is the not so accurate body part proportions. especially in relation to each other. Even if your not into 'realism' all characters have recognizable proportions. One thin I always seem to notice is that beginners make hands and feet too small. A fully opened hand is 2/3s the length of the entire forearm! Check this out:
http://www.wilderhom.com/host/hand02.gif

Now, in drawing 3 - that's just neat. Imagination is essential to good art and this is simply a fun and imaginitive pic to look at.

In pic 4 you used a photo backgroun - not a bad thing IF you get the drawn character to match it. It looks like you did a good job placing the figure in a believable position. Again I see the beginnings of the 3d effect with body position and shading. Looking good.

Pic 5. I find drawing clothing a pain in the ass too. That's why I go with the 'no clothes' look a lot. I ain't trying to be horney - just lazy. Razz

Pic 6. I see you're starting to go with a shadow underneath the characters. good. that adds depth as well. I might suggst upping the contract on the character shading. Contrast catches the eye. Figures that are low contrast seem less interesting.

Pic 7. Yus! Always try new body positions. They make learning how to draw fun and further excersise the '3d' muscle in your brain. Also, the 'texturing' on the face and pants is a nice touch. More stuff to interest the eye.

Pic 8- Positioning. The other thing that contributes to good 3d effect.. Notice that though the hips and chest look like they are facing directly forward, the arms and legs look like they are quartering to the right. One thing you have to watch for in drawing is the stuf you *don't* draw because its hidden by other body parts. The legs for instance, It the character was truely quartering to the right. his right leg up near the crotch would be obscuring a part of the upper left leg and the crotch could not be seen at all. Positioning developes with time but thats why 'live models' of pics can come in handy as drawing aids. they help determine which body parts are actually visible.

Anyway - things over-all are looking good.. Keep it up!

Cirrel

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow... tell it how it is cirrel.

good advice tho...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Vexxed

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have returned with another pic! It's concept art for a game I'm making (or, rather, remaking), but I figured I'd put it up anyways. I'm going to ink it digitally sometime soon, so be on the lookout for that.

Lobo
(And I know the eyes don't quite line up, I'll fix that in the inking)

Danny
Banned From Internets

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome pose... *drool*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Skype Name
Typhun

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

v cool.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Drawing Corner All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: