Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chris Foxx and Richard Conrad
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Sabrina Online the Story
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Asalis

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the intrest of getting this thread back on topic I might as well say this. I've read both the Sabrina comic by Eric Schwartz and Sabrina-Online the story by Chris Yost. I perfer the strory much better. RC hasn't got a chance against Chris Fox. A Little part of me was hopping that the raccoon Chris decked in the story was RC. Twisted Evil

We, dig, giant robots!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7PjQnw_E0U

I hate the DMV
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Skype Name
Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I think the reason is because the strip is only a light hearted look at Sabrina's life where as Chris's story makes her life three dimensional, makes her seem more real.

Typhun

Location: Somerset, England - The left armpit of the universe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Styx wrote:
Well I think the reason is because the strip is only a light hearted look at Sabrina's life where as Chris's story makes her life three dimensional, makes her seem more real.

id have to agree. in the comic its all a laugh, at the trials and tribulations of one skunk. the story is so gritty and real you can almost taste it.

...just dont take absynth before you read it. that really DID screw my mind over..... Shocked Shocked

in that old-fasioned Avro of mine!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Henry_Hound

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new strips are up and it looks like the dumpster diver is preping himself to be kicked right into the gutter. Here's to hoping. Twisted Evil
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The prodigal fox has returnethed! Smile

Asalis wrote:
In the intrest of getting this thread back on topic I might as well say this. I've read both the Sabrina comic by Eric Schwartz and Sabrina-Online: The Story by Chris Yost. I perfer the strory much better. RC hasn't got a chance against Chris Fox. A Little part of me was hoping that the raccoon Chris decked in the story was RC. Twisted Evil

Thank you too much!

And a large part of me will tell you that he was! Twisted Evil

(do I need to say it?)

(what the heck, okay)

... not that I'm jealous, mind you Wink

Chris!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Styx wrote:

To me, she is, she's very real. Which is what makes The Story so real. When you can look over at her, see her, count the hairs of fur on her body, see your reflection in her glasses, you find she's very three-dimensional indeed.

In a way, I'm in the enviable position here. I get to laugh and cry before everyone else does Smile

CR
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Typhun wrote:
Styx wrote:

id have to agree. in the comic its all a laugh, at the trials and tribulations of one skunk. The Story is so gritty and real you can almost taste it.

Wow, thank you.

Well, to be fair, in a comic you only have a few panels to work with, and with the fast-pace that the strip has to meet, Eric only has so much he can do and try to keep it light and humo(u)rous.

The Story, however, is a comic strip for the mind, where you can set the stage, costume the characters, set it to fit your own imaginations, and it can work outside of those limitations and give the depth and breadth the characters need to work and grow. And sometimes I have to remind myself to keep it light and airy Smile

Quote:
...just dont take absynth before you read it. that really DID screw my mind over..... Shocked Shocked

Well, absinth makes the heart grow fonder Smile

And frankly, I'd like to hear some closure on that! Smile

Something else I learned in writing The Story: Never do it after reading Omaha the Cat Dancer, and never do it after watching Seinfeld.

Omaha puts me into the mindset to make it even more soap opera-y, and Seinfeld makes me want to put Chris and Dexter into a bit ala Jerry and George Smile

....... Chris!
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Henry_Hound wrote:
The new strips are up and it looks like the dumpster diver is preping himself to be kicked right into the gutter. Here's to hoping. Twisted Evil

I love my fans Smile

!sirhC
TGIF007

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a very important difference between the strip and the story, one that can't be excused by the difference in format and space:

RC is just a nerd who lucked out. Chris is a romantic who earned and deserves his relationship with Sabrina.

Or to look at this from a different angle: the comic's intent seems to be one of only humor (not that there's anything wrong with humor), while SOTS is a many faceted jewel with humor, romance, angst and more. The comic is good for a few laughs, while Chris' story has changed my life.

I just hope that things smooth out for Chris soon so that we can get a few more chapters.

TGIF
racky raccoon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not that i am defeding the dumpster driver but and Chris will back me up on this one...

never knock a nerd luck on finding love.... (look at my fav character in the book Clarence)

and also on a personal experience (im no less romantic than the next guy but i got there in the first place via luck.

-Mike Regan-
I want a Lawyer, a Doctor... A CHEESE SANDWICH
-Harley Quinn-
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Skype Name
TGIF007

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

racky raccoon wrote:
never knock a nerd luck on finding love.... (look at my fav character in the book Clarence)

Believe me, I have nothing against a nerd who lucks out. (As you pointed out, we have C&C, a subplot that I enjoy as much as I do the main plot).

It's just that when you have two people competing for the same woman (albeit in different story universes), one who puts in a lot of thought and effort to be as romantic and attractive to her as possible, and one who just lucks out, I find myself rooting for the one who's putting in all of the work and effort.

TGIF
racky raccoon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i compleately agree with you on that one TGIF.... just having a say Wink
-Mike Regan-
I want a Lawyer, a Doctor... A CHEESE SANDWICH
-Harley Quinn-
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Skype Name
Tommy Fox Stone
Post Master

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well as for me when I read the story it pull's me into it makes me feel as if I'm a part of it you can feel whats happing in it as if your right there with them...

Doctor Of PF
CSA.

D.F. Thompson

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok this is probally gonna get me jumped on by a bunch of people. So here it is my two cents worth.

First I don't understand why every one doesn't care for RC from Sabrina Online comic?

I mean you are talking about two completelly differant stories here. What makes everyone think that the Sabrina from the comic would go for chris? True Chris has very good manners and he's always the gentlefur. But you also have to realize that the Sabrinas' the one in the comic and the one in the story are also differant from each other to.

True I couldn't see Sabrina from the story falling for RC. But still RC is a decent fur. And I don't have any problem with the character.

There thats my two cents worth.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Reads D.F. Thompson's post*

Grrr, why that no good dumpster divin, crack addict lovin, where’s that rope.

*Grabs rope and looks at it then back at the post, and drops it*

Naw I guess not.

*Picks up a pitchfork and tests the exceptionally sharp points with his finger*

That's more like it. Twisted Evil j/k

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Sabrina Online the Story All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: