Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I know who Arden Is...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Identity Crisis
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hikaru
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Injecting logic into a disussion about my plot would be..... illogical at best.

"Coming to you Live and Transcribed..." - TVDave
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
webkilla

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see this thread having overdosed on vitamin Spock...

it is highly illogical

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bezoar

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well this will help us all figure a few things on ardens reappearance

luci said

1, sheila would have a miserable hellish existence once she got back
home
2, arden would come back in a form that would be easily recognizable to
her
3, even the twins would have a miserable life once born
4, lucifer gave her the fake memories of being kidnapped, which the
mobsters dont seem to remember happening.
5, Ardens homecoming is not supposed to be happy

What ideas dont work:

1) Anatol as Arden would make Shielas life FUN/HAPPY as she likes Anatol
and Hikaru doesnt want her life to be a fun stroll in the park
2) The twin kits shiela had, well they were destined to have their own
horrible life, tho the Dragon eyes shiela saw may be a small gift of
dragon magic from Arden as a way to help them in their own future
as arden may not believe he is really coming back
3) The mouse, Arden was never in that form of body

WHAT I THINK FOLKS

1) Arden may come back as a ape/monkey like being that looks like a
human
2) Arden may come back as one of the kidnappers, a form she would
recognize very quickly, and which would enusre misery for both
3) Arden comes back as a figurine of a dragon/polar bear/monkey person
simply because it would be ironic and keep to Hikarus sense of
humor
4) Arden comes back as a vizen that resembles shiela
hikaru
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bezoar wrote:
luci said

3, even the twins would have a miserable life once born

WHAT? Where did that one come from?

Bezoar wrote:
4, lucifer gave her the fake memories of being kidnapped, which the mobsters dont seem to remember happening.

He never said her memories would match up with everyone else's memories.

Bezoar wrote:
5, Ardens homecoming is not supposed to be happy

I don't remember saying it, but true.

Bezoar wrote:
2) The twin kits shiela had, well they were destined to have their own
horrible life, tho the Dragon eyes shiela saw may be a small gift of
dragon magic from Arden as a way to help them in their own future
as arden may not believe he is really coming back

They're going to get their own story, but I NEVER said they were going to have a horrible life.

As for the rest, I take the 5th..... of vodka.

MMmmmmmmm Stoli!

Bezoar

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

True you never said the twins would have a horrid life, but Lucifer seemed to promise that the twins would have an "interesting" life, and we know what lucifer considers "interesting" makes you dream of sedatives and a padded room.

Sure Lucifer never said her memories would be in synch with everyone elses memories, but he never said she would become a nut job from trying to figure it out.... or that shed truly have a mental break down if arden proves that her "delusions" were what really happened...
Pat The Fox

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only logical thing to assume is that the plot twists can and will defy all logical assumptions. For all we know Arden delivers pizza to Zig Zag's house one day and thats how things happen.

fuzzy?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
John_Wolfe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:17 pm    Post subject: What would i do? Reply with quote

What would i do? Ohh yeah, i would be outta ideas right now if i had written that much which i hope to on my story. But heres an idea folks, maybe he is just letting you brainstorm for him. Perhaps not using the ideas but using them for feul to think of his own. After reading the story i would suspect such evilness. Many minds makes light work.

John

AmigaDragon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, many electrons make lights work. Wink

I'm just waiting to see what the remaining chapters reveal.
Well, I do think that Anatol may contain part of Arden's personality/soul/whatever, though whether part or whole, it's probably so "swiss cheesed" (thank you Quantum Leap) that he has no sense of being Arden.

hikaru
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AmigaDragon wrote:
No, many electrons make lights work. Wink

I'm just waiting to see what the remaining chapters reveal.
Well, I do think that Anatol may contain part of Arden's personality/soul/whatever, though whether part or whole, it's probably so "swiss cheesed" (thank you Quantum Leap) that he has no sense of being Arden.

Hmmm... I hadn't actually made any kind of a Quantum Leap kind of connection..... Have to think on that one. Twisted Evil

AmigaDragon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hikaru wrote:
Hmmm... I hadn't actually made any kind of a Quantum Leap kind of connection..... Have to think on that one. Twisted Evil

That Quantum Leap reference was just because of the "swiss cheesed" memory (which happened to Sam in each leap) comment. But a similar effect could apply here whether Arden is all there or split up.

John_Wolfe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:24 am    Post subject: reviewing facts Reply with quote

Since i decided to reread the whole thing I copied lines that describe ardens rebirth or pertaining facts and thought i would post them for your pleasure. You may want to reread the story as i did but if not here are items from ACT III that i felt were relevant. (all copied and pasted from the original).

In order to renew Nanuk, I have to give up who and what I am, and take on the roll of Nanuk. That's the only way." -- arden
There is a way for you to come back once you've accomplished your destiny." "That's impossible," Arden declared, frowning. "I've seen my futures in the eye. My soul will be completely consumed. There's no way back."
The angel gave a kind smile again. "Were you looking into the eye to see your future afterwards, or simply how to achieve the goal?" He paused as the question hit home. "I've seen the future beyond that event. I've seen you returning to Sheila. I've seen you together, raising your kids and grandkids. I can't say how, just that you managed it, but I know that you have a spirit that is unique. If anyone could manage it, I believe you could."
For several long minutes, the two sat together without speaking. Finally, Sheila broke the silence. "How about afterwards. Is it true that Arden will come back to me when all this is over?" She turned and studied the angel.
"If you ask him to," he replied with a nod, "then he will return to you. It will be your choice. However," he paused for a moment before continuing, "I must warn you that it won't be like before. Arden the polar bear cannot return. There are too many loose ends that remain, lose ends that will complicate his life and yours. It's even possible that it would put you and your children's lives at risk."
Sheila blinked at that unexpected news. "If he won't come back as a polar bear, what will he come back as?"
"I can't say," the angel replied with a sheepish grin. "It will be a form you are familiar with, so Arden will not be a complete stranger to you. But you will have to come to terms with accepting Arden for being Arden, and ignore the shell he must wear."
Judgment Day," Sheila echoed quietly. "Tell me," she whispered, "is what Lucifer said true abut that?"
The celestial's brow furrowed. "I don't know. What did he say?"
"That if Arden succeeded, he'd never again be in the presence of God again until Judgment Day."
"Yes," he replied, nodding gravely. "That's true."
She looked up at him, her eyes shimmering with wetness. "But how can that be? If he comes back to me, won't he be mortal again?"
He sighed and shook his head. "I'm sorry, Sheila, but that's not quite how it'll work. Yes, he'll be mortal, but he won't have a soul. He'll have a spirit. Once that mortal body dies, the spirit will return to the realm from whence it came. It won't pass on to Heaven or Hell like a normal soul will."
"Wow," Sheila sighed. "Guess it really will mean till death do us part. I've always heard people talking about being with their loved ones in the afterlife, but I guess that won't happen with us."
Again the angel smiled. "It could, if you really want it to."
Sheila cocked an ear in his direction. "Huh?"
"Heaven and Hell aren't the only destination for souls," he cheerfully explained. "It's quite possible for you to go to the same place that Arden does, if you desire it. We don't hold the monopoly on the afterlife."
"No matter what you do, win or loose, you're a dead man. You'll be dead, and Sheila will have to go home, bear your children and raise them alone until such time as you manage to make your way back to her, if you even make it back at all. -- Angel

"I promise," Arden said, kissing her again. "I won't let anything get in my way of coming back to you."

EPILOG-- "I thought I read in the book that Lakash had to actually perform the magic to move you between worlds," the doctor observed, as he checked his notes. "Yet in the end, you say that Lakash was defrocked and no longer had that power."
'He doesn't," Arden agreed. "This is a one shot amulet that was given to me by someone else. It will return me to Sheila and that's it."
The doctor nodded. "I see. And what will you do when you go to use the amulet and nothing happens?"
"Let's find out, shall we?" Arden said with a mischievous grin and promptly vanished.

I am sorry administrator for the exceptionally long post.

John

hikaru
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:04 am    Post subject: Re: reviewing facts Reply with quote

John_Wolfe wrote:
I am sorry administrator for the exceptionally long post.

No appologies needed.

A well researched post.

All the cluse are there. Now all you have to do is wait and see....

Of course, y'all can keep chewing the fat over it for a bit. Twisted Evil

(Note: Slammed with work trying to raise rent for the 1st... Sorry for more delays.)

Enola Straight

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps the form Arden will take in the Sabrinavers is a....

...dragon?
AmigaDragon

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fujibaga wrote:
I think the mouse might possibly be some other magic user we have heard of before. Either the "world mage", who has been mentioned in prior acts, or it could possibly be Ruddygore as well. According to Act 3, in return for helping with the mission he was going to gain the knowledge on how to travel to other realities.

I'm (mostly through) re-reading the story and have some revised ideas.
I now think the mouse might be Lakash (or his agent) since he has "the dragon's eyes" when shifting his vision and he thinks of jet aircraft as "unnatural". It's not Ruddygore, he got the knowledge from Arden, but decided the cost was too high.
I think the jakal is Lucifer

Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But Arden also had dragon eyes and some how I doubt Lakash would be interested in finding Sheila’s sister Arden on the other hand would want to do all he could to put Sheila's life back together again.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Identity Crisis All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: