Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another hopeless addict
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Sabrina Online the Story
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Another hopeless addict Reply with quote

[quote="NobleSavage"]Hi everyone! Hard to believe it's only been a few days since I clicked on a harmless little link that someone had posted to alt.toys.transformers.....1st I got hooked on Eric's strips and then found Chris's stories. I'm already on my 3rd read of Sabrina and then I'm probably going to read Tabitha...for the 2nd time Very Happy (my wife is being remarkably tolerant of my infatuation with a cartoon skunk),/quote]

Paws off Wink

My apologies for not answering any of this thread a LOT sooner!

Nice to have you! Hope you're enjoying your stay Smile

Quote:
Chris, it's hard to believe you can so accurately capture the feelings of two people meeting online. The experiences of Sabrina and Chris are almost a mirror image of how I met my wife. Yes, we met online...not through IRC but Match.com and then e-mail and phone calls 'til the wee hours. Even weirder...I moved from the city I was living in to be with her and she helped get me a job at the place where she worked. (sound familar?) Reading your stories really bring back my memories of those times. I just wanted to say that I really appreciate the work you put into your stories and to let you know that you've touched me deeply.

I'm very touched, thank you so much!

Quote:
Now hurry up and put up more chapters! Laughing

Working on Tabitha right now! Bits and pieces of Chapter 48 are forming as we speak Smile

Best to yunz!
(a little Pittsburghese lingo there)
Chris
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 3:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Alo... Reply with quote

MMM wrote:
Hello? Uh, I'd just like to say I started reading Chri's story after findin' a link to his site from E.S. Productions.

Welcome aboard!

Quote:
What is it about Eric's Sabrina that everybody (Including me) finds so attractive? I read through the strip like 5 times, and still check back once amonth. Then I find Chris's site. I don't give it much thought because I'm not too keen on the idea of the original story being altered. But then I realize that after I read a few chapters, it's more than a few chapters, its half the story I've read and its 4:00am.

A familiar story Smile
At least you didn't end with Chapter 28 before going to bed with a big test or work the next morning!

I've been working on a side-bit for Foxx Den to hopefully explain Sabrina. Might be my weekend project (what's left of my weekend; I'm at work as we speak), and high time!

Part of her charm is that she's not perfect, doesn't ooze sex appeal the way Amy or Sheila do. She's very girl-next-door; someone you could reasonably ask out with a better than 50% shot of being told "yes". There's more coming, someone email me and remind me to get back to work on it! Wink

Quote:
I'm sorry. This is really poorly formatted. My ideas are everywhere and I still haven't conveyed my original meaning.

Hello, nice to meet you.

Same here! Find a comfortable place to sit and join in anytime!

Chris
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Alo... Reply with quote

Fishburne wrote:
Quote:
Then I find Chris's site. I don't give it much thought because I'm not too keen on the idea of the original story being altered. But then I realize that after I read a few chapters, it's more than a few chapters, its half the story I've read and its 4:00am.

As for Chris? Well! He's taken the backstory and filled it in, replaced RC with his character

Uh, minor point of order -- the dumpster-diver (not that I'm jealous, mind you) wasn't a potential blip on the radar screen when Chris and Sabrina were deeply involved! Gotta keep the record straight Smile

Quote:
and gone so off the deep end, that even his hate mail gets hits!

<VBSEG>

Heck, I even gave a hate-mailer a cameo in the last chapter Twisted Evil

Quote:
His characterization of Sab and gang is quite excellent, they come alive and leap off the pages into others stories as main characters. Chris's was the first furry based fanfic I had ever read, and I read with some trepidation. Once into the second sentence, I was hooked. He's just a great author.

I'm humbled, thank you.

Chris
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Galadrion wrote:
Even in the B&W strips, Eric does them very well, capturing moods and emotions quite deeply. (This and this are just two examples of what I mean.

Holy moley, I need to write Eric as soon as I get home!!

Anybody else catch it in those two drawings?

I can't believe I never did before!

Holy moley!

Chris
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrayzedWolf wrote:
Heh I say im addicted. I read all the strips so far from Eric Schwartz and I cant wait for new ones to come out. I read all the chapters of Chriss Foxx story so far too and I read ZigZag's story at zzstudios.com im waint till april 27 for the next chapter to come out.

If I keep this up ill never go outside again Shocked

He's one of us ... resistance is futile ... :Smile
CrayzedWolf

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Regan Wrote:
Quote:
Since I note that you are in
"Lost Wages", Nevada
That might be the best thing.

What do u mean? U trying to say theres nothing better to do? Ur crazy theres hookers hookers and more hookers Laughing
Chris Foxx wrote:
Quote:
He's one of us ... resistance is futile ...

U lil bastards trapped me LOL. No matter what I do I cant stop wanting to read more. I bet when im reading a new chaper or strip a nuclear bomb can go off rigt by my window and I wont notice (But of coarse I would be liquified before I would even be able to notice it so ummmm....whatever Rolling Eyes )

My Live Journal
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
JamesPI

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrayzedWolf wrote:
Heh I say im addicted. I read all the strips so far from Eric Schwartz and I cant wait for new ones to come out. I read all the chapters of Chriss Foxx story so far too and I read ZigZag's story at zzstudios.com im waint till april 27 for the next chapter to come out.

If I keep this up ill never go outside again Shocked

You aren't the first, and you certainly aren't the last. If you read my topic ("Truly a huge fan") and you'll see that it's just about exactly the same as what you just said. I became addicted to SO then re-read it about 5 times (all of them), discovered Chris's site through Eric's links, read and re-read both of his stories, then read (and you guessed it, re-read) ZZtS. I was impressed by all of it.

CrayzedWolf wrote:
Mike Regan wrote:
Since I note that you are in
"Lost Wages", Nevada
That might be the best thing.

What do u mean? U trying to say theres nothing better to do? Ur crazy theres hookers hookers and more hookers Laughing

And you're 15, 15, 15.
CrayzedWolf

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn u Mike Damn uuuuuuuuuuu Laughing

My Live Journal
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jbird
Forum Hatchetman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feh... you're not old enough to read half the stuff posted there... Very Happy

Mike Regan wrote:

Watches him going down for the third time in a sea of stories.
Twisted Evil

I'm keeping my damn mouth shut.

(00:40:05) nbz: you win at the motherf***ing internet O_O
Galadrion

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisFoxx wrote:

Holy moley!

Chris

What, that Sabrina is apparently left-handed? Well, can't say I caught it in these two... but then, being a sinistral myself, I tend to note things like that almost automagically.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JamesPI

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Galadrion wrote:
ChrisFoxx wrote:

Holy moley!

Chris

What, that Sabrina is apparently left-handed? Well, can't say I caught it in these two... but then, being a sinistral myself, I tend to note things like that almost automagically.

*Smacks forehead* D'oh! I never realized that. Nor did I (or do I) think it's that important, but you know.
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JamesPI wrote:
Galadrion wrote:
ChrisFoxx wrote:

Holy moley!

*Smacks forehead* D'oh! I never realized that. Nor did I (or do I) think it's that important, but you know.

I asked Eric; he said he never considered it, nor thought about it before.

Well .... guess what? The Story will! Smile

Chris
man on a mission

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

man I you guys were right. Well paint blue and call me a smurf. I never noticed it. Hay chris, you ever consider how hard it is for a lifty to drive a stick. Gees, that was unexpected.

Well any way, I can know say im a true addict. I wrote a 4 page essay on the sabrina story for my english class. I was supose to write a report on a book that impacted my life dramaticaly and guess what you were the one
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Concolor

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

man on a mission wrote:
man I you guys were right. Well paint blue and call me a smurf. I never noticed it. Hay chris, you ever consider how hard it is for a lifty to drive a stick. Gees, that was unexpected.

Well any way, I can know say im a true addict. I wrote a 4 page essay on the sabrina story for my english class. I was supose to write a report on a book that impacted my life dramaticaly and guess what you were the one

Well, I was 40 years old when I discovered SOLtS, but it certainly had a dramatic impact on MY life! I think you are in good company on that issue. Mr. Green

Jbird
Forum Hatchetman

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*paints mission blue*

You're a smurf. Go make me a sandwich.

(00:40:05) nbz: you win at the motherf***ing internet O_O
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Sabrina Online the Story All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: