Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another hopeless addict
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Sabrina Online the Story
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NobleSavage

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2002 6:04 pm    Post subject: Another hopeless addict Reply with quote

Hi everyone! Hard to believe it's only been a few days since I clicked on a harmless little link that someone had posted to alt.toys.transformers.....1st I got hooked on Eric's strips and then found Chris's stories. I'm already on my 3rd read of Sabrina and then I'm probably going to read Tabitha...for the 2nd time Very Happy (my wife is being remarkably tolerant of my infatuation with a cartoon skunk)

Chris, it's hard to believe you can so accurately capture the feelings of two people meeting online. The experiences of Sabrina and Chris are almost a mirror image of how I met my wife. Yes, we met online...not through IRC but Match.com and then e-mail and phone calls 'til the wee hours. Even weirder...I moved from the city I was living in to be with her and she helped get me a job at the place where she worked. (sound familar?) Reading your stories really bring back my memories of those times. I just wanted to say that I really appreciate the work you put into your stories and to let you know that you've touched me deeply.

Now hurry up and put up more chapters! Laughing
Toric

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2002 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome to the asylum. ^.^

While you wait for more chapters, I can reccomend something to tide you over, like others have done for me. Check out [url]http://www.zzstudios.com[/url] and read the ZZ story. There is a second story, ZZ Noir... that didn't exactly catch my interest...

There is also a "library" being held online by one of our members, calle dthe "bookshelf" which contains a wealth of furry stories set in the sabrinaverse, written by the talented furres who are already interred here.

Other than that, there is just a lot of patience needed. ^.^
TVDAVE
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2002 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Howdy Savage, and welcome in , but yep, you found the right place
run amuck and enjoy 1 Twisted Evil

Concolor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2002 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toric has given you some sage advice. The Zig Zag story was my first exposure to furry literature, SOLtS the second. You can see how that spoiled me right off the bat. Wink

Hop in. The fantasy's fine. And please! By all means, check out the Bookshelf. It's right here:
www.planetfurry.com/~mjriv
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
NobleSavage

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2002 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies, you've made this 'ol lion feel right at home. Smile
I've started reading the Zig story and also Josh Fox's "A Fox's Tale" Good stuff!
caspian

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2002 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont miss Rava's Web page good stuff there also Smile

Caspian

Kinsfire
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2002 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Concolor wrote:
Toric has given you some sage advice. The Zig Zag story was my first exposure to furry literature, SOLtS the second. You can see how that spoiled me right off the bat. Wink

Hop in. The fantasy's fine. And please! By all means, check out the Bookshelf. It's right here:

And don't forget to read Concolor's "Gone Wylde" - it's set in the future, and stars Wendy, and is one remarkable read.

Kinsfire

Wolf Starchaser

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2002 7:24 pm    Post subject: More interesting Furry Literature Reply with quote

Welcome aboard.

If you're looking for a bit more Sci-fi furry lit, you might want to check out:

Blue Horizon, a story concerning a space freight company doing business in "interesting" times.

Wolfy's Den (not the same Wolfy you may have met on IRC), home to several rather interesting stories involving humans and humanoid canines.

If you've found others you're fond of, please feel free to share. Smile

Take care.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
MMM

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2002 10:04 pm    Post subject: Alo... Reply with quote

Hello? Uh, I'd just like to say I started reading Chri's story after findin' a link to his site from E.S. Productions. I'm not as read as everyone else here, nor am I clear on one point...

What is it about Eric's Sabrina that everybody (Including me) finds so attractive? I read through the strip like 5 times, and still check back once amonth. Then I find Chris's site. I don't give it much thought because I'm not too keen on the idea of the original story being altered. But then I realize that after I read a few chapters, it's more than a few chapters, its half the story I've read and its 4:00am.

I'm sorry. This is really poorly formatted. My ideas are everywhere and I still haven't conveyed my original meaning.

Hello, nice to meet you.

Fishburne
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2002 10:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Alo... Reply with quote

First! WELCOME!!!! Make yourself at home, here's a cold beverage, and let the Fish lay it on ya...

Marcus Kyrie wrote:
What is it about Eric's Sabrina that everybody (Including me) finds so attractive? I read through the strip like 5 times, and still check back once amonth.

Hmm. Let us see. She's a sweet girl, with a great story. Not to mention cute. (Heh, I like women with glasses. Must be that librarian thing (growwl!)) Eric writes a mean comic, and makes his characters very believable. The transformers are a plus, cause I remember thinking that they were just the neatest toys on the planet when they came out. The introduction of Zig Zag was a nicety, and well played by Eric.

Quote:
Then I find Chris's site. I don't give it much thought because I'm not too keen on the idea of the original story being altered. But then I realize that after I read a few chapters, it's more than a few chapters, its half the story I've read and its 4:00am.

As for Chris? Well! He's taken the backstory and filled it in, replaced RC with his character, and gone so off the deep end, that even his hate mail gets hits! His characterization of Sab and gang is quite excellent, they come alive and leap off the pages into others stories as main characters. Chris's was the first furry based fanfic I had ever read, and I read with some trepidation. Once into the second sentence, I was hooked. He's just a great author.

Quote:
I'm sorry. This is really poorly formatted. My ideas are everywhere and I still haven't conveyed my original meaning.

Hello, nice to meet you.

Heavens! Do not be sorry! The queries were right on, and you got the idea across just fine.

Welcome!!! and it will be a pleasure to see your posts

Fishburne

Concolor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2002 10:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Alo... Reply with quote

MMM wrote:
Hello? Uh, I'd just like to say I started reading Chri's story after findin' a link to his site from E.S. Productions. I'm not as read as everyone else here, nor am I clear on one point...

What is it about Eric's Sabrina that everybody (Including me) finds so attractive?

Good question! Is it the artwork? The plotline? The sight gags? The element of fantasy? The thrill of the forbidden? Whatever fuels the fire, there seem to be an awful lot of us getting toasty in the flame.

MMM wrote:
I read through the strip like 5 times, and still check back once amonth.

I totally sympathize. I can't get enough of it.

MMM wrote:
Then I find Chris's site. I don't give it much thought because I'm not too keen on the idea of the original story being altered. But then I realize that after I read a few chapters, it's more than a few chapters, its half the story I've read and its 4:00am.

Join the club. I read the thirty-something chapters he had extant in two days. Did the same with James Bruner's Zig Zag Story. They'll getcha.

MMM wrote:

Hello, nice to meet you.

And it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance as well!

If you are starved for further tales Sabrinaesque, join us over at the Raccoon's Bookshelf. There is an embarrassment of riches awaiting you. Here's the link:

Happy reading!

Galadrion

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm, what is it about Sabrina? Oohhhh, that's a tough question... but I'll take a swing at it.

Well, there's the storyline - that applies to both Chris's story, and Eric's original cartoon. But you have to read one or the other for that to grab you -- a story can't get a hold on you if it's never read. So something else had to pull you (and me!) in before the tale could work its magic...

I read Eric's comic first... I suspect most of us did. And, like I say, you have to actually read the strips before the story can pull you in. So what was the hook that pulled me in? Well, naturally, there was Sabrina's figure. She's drawn most attractively, after all, and even if she is a cartoon, that sort of thing can catch my eye. Plus, there's the whole running gag about her pants... *Grin* So I've got a juvenile sense of humor. It suits me just fine, thank you.

*Ahem* Sorry to get pulled off-topic like that... well, no, I'm not really sorry, but it is a distraction. Oddly enough, it wasn't Sabrina's figure that caught my attention, though. After all, there's plenty of that on the 'Net, some of it drawn with skill and artistry comparable to Eric's. Such will catch my eye, once, but won't draw me back a second time unless there's something more. That "something more", in Sabrina's case, was her eyes...

I'm a sucker for eyes, IRL or cartoon. Even in the B&W strips, Eric does them very well, capturing moods and emotions quite deeply. (This and this are just two examples of what I mean. (Fair warning! If you're anything like me, you'll be able to lose yourself for hours in these two pictures!)

So there you have it -- that's what drew me into this whole phenomenon. Who's up to bat next?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TVDAVE
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised Howdy MMM!.and welcome in, I just got in to my tent here in the desert, and found my 4 vixens, gathered round the coumpter, they were in your site, taking a peek at KiKi, they want to ask you , if she can come over for a slumber party????? lol I had to then sit , and poke about it for a while, nice , verry nice, but yeah come on in and have fun, and enjoy.

be good all Wink

SkunkFox

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 8:40 am    Post subject: Attention Fellow Newbie's! Reply with quote

Hello My Fellow Newbie Fur's! (sheesh I'm corney today) I would just like to say welcome to the forum and hope you enjoy the stay and interesting talks we have here. (try weird) *hush!*
I hope everyone has a good time enjoying the Sabrina Story like the rest of us do!

b.t.w don't goto my site you'll regret it just ask TVDave and he'll tell you the same exact thing. It's grossly and poorly written (wonder why the link wasn't turned off?) SkunkFox

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CrayzedWolf

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh I say im addicted. I read all the strips so far from Eric Schwartz and I cant wait for new ones to come out. I read all the chapters of Chriss Foxx story so far too and I read ZigZag's story at zzstudios.com im waint till april 27 for the next chapter to come out.

If I keep this up ill never go outside again Shocked

My Live Journal
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Sabrina Online the Story All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: