Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pastor Chris Yost
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Sabrina Online the Story
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Henry_Hound wrote:
Actually Chris you can go without any radiator fans at all as their porpose is to draw air through the radiator when you're either stopped or going slow. As long as you keep up a decnt amount of speed enough air will go through the radiator and air conditioning condensor to cool them off. The fan also may turn on after you've parked and left it to help cool the engine down faster but it's not nesacary. So as long as you don't stop for more than a minute and keep up the speed (about 30 and up) you can go completely without fans. It also wouldn't hurt to crank up the heat on the AC either as it gets the heat from the engine coolant. You'll roast but it would help cool the engine a little when youhave to stop or slow down.

True enough, but the fans are a necessary evil, not to mention that there are times I am stopped for more than a minute -- remember, I drive to work in Pittsburgh, and big-city traffic is nothing you want to over-heat in!

Chris
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mrblanche

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:52 am    Post subject: Radiators... Reply with quote

OK, here's the deal. The fans really only work to any extent below 30 mph. If you never slowed down, you probably wouldn't need a fan. My street rod, a 1923 Ford Model T Touring Car, has a radiator meant for a '65 Mustang with a V-8. I've never had any trouble cooling it going down the road, even though it has a slightly warmed-up Chevy 350 in it. It's sitting still at a stop light that it needs help. So, I have a thermostatically controlled electric fan that comes on only when it's needed.

In the case of your van, the left fan comes on when the temp reaches a certain point. The right one comes on when your A/C is turned on, so that there is an air flow over the condensor. This is great, because running a fan takes power, and power eats gas. So, you don't have to run the fans except when they're needed. This is one of the developments brought about by the gas panics in the '70's.

Now, here's the good news. Chrysler mini-vans have long had trouble with their transmissions failing at about 50,000 miles. It turns out it's not the transmission that's so weak, but rather the cooler in the radiator that clogs up. Chrysler could solve this with almost no increase in cost, but they haven't done it yet, and they're not likely to. The replacement of your radiator may have saved you a $1500 transmission repair.

Anyone else who owns a Chrysler mini-van and wants to avoid the premature failure of their transmission could install an after-market cooler. If you're reasonably handy with tools, you can do it for about $50. The bad news about the cooler in the radiator is that it cools the least when it needs it the most, that is, when the engine is the hottest from load or weather.

And speaking of garages...don't you wish you could take your car to Aby, Kell's new employer?

Mike

Just enough to draw a crowd.
--Mr. Buffett
Rava Purr-Fox
Princess Of PR

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously Chris can you preform weddings and things?
Typhun

Location: Somerset, England - The left armpit of the universe

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sirya Black wrote:

yeah, can you? that would be ultimately cool...

in that old-fasioned Avro of mine!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Radiators... Reply with quote

mrblanche wrote:
OK, here's the deal. The fans really only work to any extent below 30 mph. If you never slowed down, you probably wouldn't need a fan. My street rod, a 1923 Ford Model T Touring Car, has a radiator meant for a '65 Mustang with a V-8. I've never had any trouble cooling it going down the road, even though it has a slightly warmed-up Chevy 350 in it. It's sitting still at a stop light that it needs help. So, I have a thermostatically controlled electric fan that comes on only when it's needed.

Tell you what, I've got more motorheads as fans that I bet anybody else in the fandom! w00t! Smile

Quote:
In the case of your van, the left fan comes on when the temp reaches a certain point. The right one comes on when your A/C is turned on, so that there is an air flow over the condensor.

So THAT'S how that works!

Quote:
And speaking of garages...don't you wish you could take your car to Aby, Kell's new employer?

I am so far behind on that strip! Spoil no more! Spoil no more!
:: covering ears with paws! ::
LA-LALA-LALA-LALA ...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sirya Black wrote:

Seriously, yes. I need to register my ordination with the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania first, then I can do weddings, funerals, bar mitzvahs ... Wink
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Regan wrote:
The bonds fo marrige take on a whole new meaning.

Twisted Evil

LOL!

Wiseguy Wink

Pastor: Chris, do you take this skunk as your lawfully wedded wife?
Chris: I do
Pastor: Sabrina, do you take this fox as your lawfully wedded husband?
Sabrina: Mffffrrph

Very Happy
Rava Purr-Fox
Princess Of PR

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisFoxx wrote:
Sirya Black wrote:

Seriously, yes. I need to register my ordination with the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania first, then I can do weddings, funerals, bar mitzvahs ... Wink

Think you can get it done by AC? Wink I'd like a second non-family Furry wedding with our friends if I'm still in the area, Afterall my Fox has been keeping me waiting awhile now. And since meeting him was YOUR fault ... It only seems fair Twisted Evil

Hortmage

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisFoxx wrote:
Sirya Black wrote:

Eyes Chris suspiciously.

I'm going to keep all sharp objects away from you, on the outside chance you also want to conduct circumcisions.... Shocked Wink

racky raccoon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris remind me when its time to fly to PA. (you think a web cam wedding across the channel would be legal????) Rolling Eyes

Looking back to our yahoo convo i thought you'd fallen off your chair. Wink

it all true i swear.... Laughing

well i really do hope the deer population doewnt cause you much other greif (although id say they done all they could Shocked )

be seeing you

-Mike Regan-
I want a Lawyer, a Doctor... A CHEESE SANDWICH
-Harley Quinn-
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Skype Name
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sirya Black wrote:
ChrisFoxx wrote:
Sirya Black wrote:

Think you can get it done by AC? Wink I'd like a second non-family Furry wedding with our friends if I'm still in the area, Afterall my Fox has been keeping me waiting awhile now. And since meeting him was YOUR fault ... It only seems fair Twisted Evil

Oh?????????????

My word, how could I possibly turn that down (as long as I can arrange getting there and everything)? And thank you -- and spill the beans, how'd I do it for you both? Smile
JediFur

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on your achievement, Chris!!!

Wait... ...bar-mitzvah's?

Isn't that a Jewish ceremony? I'm confused...

-Jedi
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JediFur wrote:

Thank you!!

Quote:

THANK YOU! I was hoping somebody would pick up on that! Smile
Hortmage

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisFoxx wrote:
JediFur wrote:

Thank you!!

Quote:

THANK YOU! I was hoping somebody would pick up on that! Smile

Scroll back up, and see my comment about the circumcision.... Cool

Rava Purr-Fox
Princess Of PR

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisFoxx wrote:

Oh?????????????

My word, how could I possibly turn that down (as long as I can arrange getting there and everything)? And thank you -- and spill the beans, how'd I do it for you both? Smile

Sirya Black = Rava Purr. Sorry I keep forgetting not everyone knows Smile

We're doing the Catholic thing this June and I hope to still be around come AC. He's only 1 1/2 hours from Philly.

Course I need to get my license reinstated for the US befor then.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Sabrina Online the Story All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: