Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Tails" from Kailthar
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2002 5:57 pm    Post subject: "Tails" from Kailthar Reply with quote

Great news! While I still an not able to bring you the latest chapter of Feline Destiny I've got something that should help you to cope with waiting.

The great writer and very good friend Pflarrian Collifox was so inspired by Feline Destiny (and I think especially by the timeline I wrote Wink) that he started to write a sci-fi story set in the Feline Destiny Universe on his own.

His story, "Tails" from Kailthar is a fascinating tale that immediately hooked me on, again proving what a great author Pflarrian is.

Part 1 of it is done and it's posted in the new section "Tales from the Universe" on the FD page.

Go there, check it out and then write a mail to Pflarrian and tell him what you think or leave a comment here.

I like this story very much and I'm thanking Pflarrian for writing it and honoring Feline Destiny with it.

Pflarrian

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 10:36 am    Post subject: Re: "Tails" from Kailthar Reply with quote

^0o^!!!

Ooo-kay... Note to me, memo to me: When Tygon tells me that he likes what he is reading, he isn't kidding. File this under "Important things to remember for later."

End memo.
Bearion

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 11:49 pm    Post subject: Re: "Tails" from Kailthar Reply with quote

Tygon wrote:
Part 1 of it is done and it's posted in the new section "Tales from the Universe" on the FD page.

Go there, check it out and then write a mail to Pflarrian and tell him what you think or leave a comment here.

Thanks for the pointer! The story is great. I can only hope that Pflarrian will continue it. And I'll email him too...

Bearion
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2002 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: "Tails" from Kailthar Reply with quote

Bearion wrote:
Tygon wrote:

Thanks for the pointer! The story is great. I can only hope that Pflarrian will continue it. And I'll email him too...

Bearion

Thanks a lot Bearion. I'm sure he'll appreciate it Smile

Pflarrian

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2002 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: "Tails" from Kailthar Reply with quote

...and he does, he does! Feedback is always nice, especially if it lets you know that others are actually reading what you've penned.
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 11:42 am    Post subject: Re: "Tails" from Kailthar Reply with quote

Well, Part 2 is posted and it's... facinating to say the very least Smile
Pflarrian

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2002 4:06 pm    Post subject: Re: "Tails" from Kailthar Reply with quote

Tygon wrote:
Well, Part 2 is posted and it's... facinating to say the very least Smile

...and speaking of part 2, we've got something new going. Here's the scoop. You'll need to read part 2 of 'Tails' to get the concept here, but we're going to start running an 'open-ended' contest (which means that there will be multiple winners over an undefined period of time) for "Tails from Kailthar." Basically, we're looking for short story ideas that would fit the FD theme. They don't need to be long - in fact, shorter is actually better, nor do they have to be fully thought out ideas.

If you have an idea you would like used for this story, what you have to do is send me an email detailing the idea (half a page should be more than long enough since the actual story segment won't be more than ten pages when finished anyway, but use more if you feel you need to), and Tygon and I will look them over and use the ones we like the best.

People whose ideas are going to be used will be notified via email, and they will have the option of putting a character of themselves (or their persona, or some other character they've created) into the story segment. Any questions regarding this contest should be posted here, in this forum section.

We (well, *I*, actually) would like to start using story segments beginning in part 4 of "Tails." Part three is almost done, and will be posted in the next few weeks.

Happy thinking! Wink
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2002 1:10 pm    Post subject: Story Submission Contest Reply with quote

C'mon guy. Dosn't anybody have any ideas for the one or the other short story that fits to the FD Universe? We need your help here so let the ideas flow in Smile
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Part 3 of this excellent story has just been posted. I hope you guys will give Pflarrian some more comments on it.

BTW: Still no ideas for short stories aside a rather lame one I had so we are still looking.

Fishburne
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a couple of ideas. let me flesh them out and I will send you a synopsis of them in a little while.
Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice.
Dover (from SJ) and Ainara would make a cute couple... Laughing

Sorry, don't have any idea for this at the moment. Sad

Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nameless wrote:
Nice.
Dover (from SJ) and Ainara would make a cute couple... Laughing

I agree Smile

Nameless wrote:
Sorry, don't have any idea for this at the moment. Sad

Then I suggest you try again because I just posted part 4 of Pflarrian's magnificent sci-fi story and I sense some serious plot coming along.

Happy reading.

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2002 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy

Now, what does the council want from Pflarrian ?

Furs (and humans) being what they are, probably something of a military nature. Omega Bomb anyone? Evil or Very Mad

Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fear the same, Nameless (and no, Pflarrian has not told me so I do not know).

Well, anybody else got some comments? C'mon, guys. There must be a few more people who read "Tails" Smile

Bearion

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read Part 4, and I believe it is my favorite so far. The story is picking up some depth, the characters have a goal, and the mystery surrounding the Android is deepening. He has some things in his past he wants to forget, but the council may not want him to.

A long life gives more opportunity to make and regret mistakes. Pflarrian has had a long life indeed.

Ainara is an interesting character. Why was she so interested in Pflarrian's story? What had happened in the accident that caused her such terror when she first saw Pflarrian?

I agree with Tygon: This is turning into a pretty good Sci-Fi story! We must have more… Very Happy

Side note: There is no mention of Pflarrian's locomotion. I assume he has two legs, but I can't picture them. A small point.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> tygon All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: