Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DOOM 3 ^>.<^
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> The Planetfurry Gamer's Guild
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gabriel

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doom 3 was designed for the Single Player experience. They included some basic Multiplayer features because they knew they'd be laughed out of the market if they didn't. But in knowing that, why are people talking about how Doom 3 makes a sucktastic multiplayer game? *laugh* ID didn't even make the multiplayer maps - they farmed them out.

UT2004, on the otherhand, was DESIGNED to be a multiplayer game. Good gravy.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quake 2 was a blast coop on nightmare level. we blasted through and got blasted but it was a blast non the less.
Radio chatter "GET EM OFF GET EM OFF OH GOD GET EM OFF ME"
then static. Very Happy

Av by GreyCat
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gabriel wrote:
Doom 3 was designed for the Single Player experience. They included some basic Multiplayer features because they knew they'd be laughed out of the market if they didn't. But in knowing that, why are people talking about how Doom 3 makes a sucktastic multiplayer game? *laugh* ID didn't even make the multiplayer maps - they farmed them out.

UT2004, on the otherhand, was DESIGNED to be a multiplayer game. Good gravy.

Okay, listen Gabe. I never said that Doom 3 sucks as multiplayer. I'm just saying that it has no chances on competing with UT2004 and I gave the reasons why, which you repeated.

bonehead54321

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YUS.. We have lift off. hehe This game rocks. Oh and the best thing you will see... well rather hear. Is "they killed my child" whisperd in the background. Not to mention screaming and many other scary things. Razz

You know my spelling sucks. You should also know that I dun care.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, my bro got himself Doom3 today and I watched him playing through the first level... and I decided to get myself a copy of my own. Pretty impressive game.
bonehead54321

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And here I thought you wouldn't like it tygon n.n. mHave fun. this game is one "hell" of a good time. oh wait let me see if I can do this. awww nm I can't attache files. I was gonna put up the Nitro Gore mode Razz What this does is instead of a baddy disolving when you kill it it stays on the map for you to shoot or polverize some more. It won't go away and even if you get to the end of a level and go back to the start things you killed there will stay. Ntm the amout of blood that flies from things is amplified about 3 fold XP.

You know my spelling sucks. You should also know that I dun care.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bonehead54321 wrote:
And here I thought you wouldn't like it tygon n.n.

I did not like the series because what they have as a "plot" is just a bad excuse for shooting everything that moves (and a few things that don't).

The first FPS I ever played was Dark Forces, which has a good plot and lots of riddles to solve. The next was System Shock with LIVES from having a great plot.

Of course, against these Doom 1 and 2 cannot compete. In fact, I only got myself Doom 1 because I wanted to see how an FPS looks like on the GBA.

For these reason I was highly suspicious regarding Doom 3. However, now that I've seen it and experiences the atmosphere it sets and first parts of the plot... well, it seems very much worth a try.

Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scary game.... very scary game. Yes, I got it and played a little... very scary... another game that I can't play after sunset Razz

It definitely got lots of atmosphere and seems to have some plot that deserves that name too.

In any way, one funny fact that most of you will never find out. The scientist who is (obviously) responsible for all the sh*t that's going on in the game is called Dr. Betruger. Now, that is suspiciously close the German word "Betrüger" which means "fraud" or "traitor" Smile

RefaelBA

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually wrote a huge reply, but got a connection problem while it was sent Crying or Very sad

Anyway this game is pretty good. The first part of it is dedicated to a plot that gives you a general reason to shoot whatever moves around you, but the plot isn't interrupting your viciousness through the game that much.

I finished this game this summer, and let me tell you, it may look awesome and sound nice, but it is NOT scary. Actually, after a while you get the feeling that the monsters are scared of YOU, and then you just roam through the gore and wade, while sawing ugly creatures with your chainsaw, and laughing to burst. I don't laugh that hard very often.

I would say it isn't something you really ought to buy, since when you finish it, there's nothing much you can do next. Try renting it if you can, or lend if from a friend. Let's not forget, though, that a true gamer will have to play this game for the sake of seeing how this industry is doing, and not to be laughed at by other gamers.
*points you and laughs*

Twisted Evil

Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RefaelBA wrote:
I finished this game this summer, and let me tell you, it may look awesome and sound nice, but it is NOT scary.

Speak for yourself. You may be one of the lucky (or unlucky, depending on the point of view) individuals who is not affected by games. I am. Very strongly too. At least by the scary ones, up to the point that there are 2 games I own (Silent Hill and Hellnight) which are too scary for me to play.

Call me a wuss if you want to... but thanks to that involvement I can enjoy games much more than you do.

Jai_taigas
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey trying playing Doom 3 in the dark with surround sound! When you hear a creeepy screech literally to your left! Or a those errie moans behind you you will jump! Plus I am affected by games cause I tend to zone out and forget it's just a game. hehe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> The Planetfurry Gamer's Guild All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: