Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

READ ME FIRST - The Purpose of this Forum.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Help Planetfurry
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cirrel

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 4:26 pm    Post subject: READ ME FIRST - The Purpose of this Forum. Reply with quote

<Cirrel mounts his soapbox, promptly slips on some leftover soap, and lands on his can. Jumps up and dusts himself off.>

Ahem. Yes. I meant to do that.

Anyway, The purpose of this forum is as the title says. Helping Planet Furry.

PF is free, but it is not without cost. Whiplash and all the others involved have been great at absorbing the costs of running this unique place on the net and I for one, am grateful.

But, as someone once said, grattitude and a dollar will get you a cup of coffee and little else.

I am fortunate in that I can help somewhat in the financial sense, and I've done so, but there are other ways to help as well. This forum is a place where suggestions can be made. It is not intended as a place for statements of the 'Woe is me. I can't help cuz I'm too poor.' variety. We already all know that the fandom is not overflowing with the rich and famous. Still there are other ways in which furs can help PF, and this is the place to make suggestions. One suggestion would be to donate something in the way of art, a story, or a commisiion, and then have the proceeds donated to help operate PF.

Please note that while suggestion on how to raise funds for PF are perfectly acceptable, many things dealing with 'Money' have a tendency to degenerate into argument or complaint. This will not be the place to discuss complaints about money since those issues are more easily resolved in private.

Cirrel - grateful user of the best damned no-cost-to-the-user ad-free forum in the fandom. Let's help keep it that way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Help Planetfurry All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: