Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Brunner Effect...(?)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Tabitha the Story
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RodTerl

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2002 12:03 pm    Post subject: Imaginary only in name. Reply with quote

Im afraid thats the trouble with proportional fonts in text only enviroments, you cannot use the grid space method to create a 2 D spread of equations accross the page.

The value 2, only came about, because of the simplification method I used, I will give the origional equation, which is derived from change in occilation frequency of a wire, given that it has extensibility, as well as flexibility.

c^2=co^2+((f^2)/((co^2)*(y^2)))

As you can see, this is a recursive formula, if you simplify by dividing through by co^2, and letting y=c/co

y^2=1+((f^2)/((co^4)*(y^2)))

Rearranging gives you a quadratic in y^2, which the standard method of solution gives you Two answers. The Important thing here, is to Keep Both Solutions. If you look at them carefully, you will notice that there is a constant term, and a variable term in each, and upon analysis, one solution is always Real, the other solution is alwas Imaginary.. or both can be Zero.

If you then take the resulting, apparently slightly convoluted Complex equation, and simplify, you should end up with the equation I stated beforehand, that is y^2=1+(2f/(co^2))i

Ack.. I hope that that co^2 constant stayed in. Means that light shoud be traveling at 2*co, at an energy of about 250eV.. Mains voltage?

Latest just in, this weeks New Scientist, has an article on Octonians, and how the Universe works. The normal method of looking at these, is to say they only exist in 8 dimensions, theres 8 parts to the number, I prefer to be awkward and look at it another way. An Octonian, is merely a quaternion, with complex numbers for each variable.

This is because, I treat a complex number, as a Single number, rather than a 2 dimensional beast. After all, you can only ever be at One point in the complex plane.

Using this method, the Universe is actually a 4 real,complex dimensional hypersurface of a 5 Complex, complex dimensional hypervolume, giving rise to the mathematicians 10 Dimensions of Superstring theory requiring only One hidden dimension, which is easily accessible, by looking at a pile of sand. M Theory, which requires 11 Dimensions, is the mathematicians believeing that mathematical dimensions in matrices have to have a physical representation. It is actually identical to the 10 Dimentional Matrices used for String theory, but with an extra term added to the matrices, so as to convert all the additions required, to multiplications, as shown in maths courses if you look carefully enough. I actually saw this in a TV issue of the Open University.

For those of you wising to use infinities, and require normalisation, in the 70s, an update to Calculus was revealed, which used the idea of infinitesimals. Since I like video work, I used the idea of jifies, or the j value, just in simple equations, to get an idea of how they work.

The result I get, which I have no idea if they are corect, are,

j>=0, 1/0=Inf, Therefore 1/j =<Inf, but, since inf is so great, no fraction appears any different, assume 1/j=Inf-1

Therefore Inf(j)=(1+j)
And Inf(1+j)=(1+j)
Assuming that upon going through infinity, you have covered every possible place, and hence must return to starting place.

Using the closure idea, you can derive a structure, which has an infinitely dimensional volome of infinite extent, that is filled with a Single, hence Infinite line, which fills the volume completely, and hence returns to its precise point of origin, meaniing that nowhere on the line is special and all points have exactly the same properties. All other values generated for infinity, can be represented as a saturated pattern occupying the whole of this line, hence all infinities are the same, no matter how large they are first calculated to be.

Lets see, this should be taught to 8 year olds?8}.. I have trouble understanding Set theory, mainly because I wasnt taught it at school.. and Calculus was just given as is, with no indepth explanation of WHY.

Im thinking of writing a small computer routine, to generate and display images using the above equations.. Anyone else like to have a go? 8}

Keeping Hawking on his toes, or at least driving over others.

RodTerl Cool

Grin, Cool I mean it about the Computer. Cool
Thinking of winning lottery, an building a ZZ AI, and surprise posting it to Eric. Cool
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have given this more than a month of thinking, becuase though the math sounds right, there is a few things missing.

The question lies in "Can one wormhole pass through another?"

Theorically no. Reason: Unknown, its, in my eyes, always been a given that they cant.

But in Plank's thoeries, and its been proven many times, that one energy beam can pass through another without either being altered.

Question lies- is a wormhole a beam or conduit of energy?

Other issues: Since time travel involves both space and time travel the possibility of a wormhole being straight in its path from time/space point A to time/space point B is doubtful. Why? Space is not a "flat" entity, therefore any travel on it, though maybe straight along one on more axis, wont be on at least 1 axis. Time and space are warped by gravity and other forces; hence, a worm hole will not be straight on at least 1 axis along its path.

Mutiple wormholes, arriving at near point to each other, may not need to cross each other, but can inter-twine along the path and exit at near point because of the unstraight path they will take.

If Multiple Wormholes can cross each other's path (unproven as of yet), then they can start and end at near end points without incident.

And if all these things are true; then anything's possible in Tabitha's world.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
Galadrion

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elfen_Furry wrote:
The question lies in "Can one wormhole pass through another?"

Depends on how you define "through". No, I'm not using a Clintonian argument. Expansion of reasoning follows this addendum:
Elfen_Furry wrote:
Question lies- is a wormhole a beam or conduit of energy?

In a word, no - though it may act like either, neither, or both simultaneously, depending on which method(s) you use to "look" at it.

A wormhole is a discrete space/time continuum, its own self-contained "reality", interfaced with one or more other realities. From inside a wormhole, another wormhole cannot cross through it, any more than a wormhole can cross through our reality. In both cases, the wormhole is completely outside of the observer's coordinate frame, and thus cannot be said to pass "through" it.

Now, if you look at the matter from outside the coordinate frame of either wormhole - from, say, a nine-dimensional frame which contains the coordinate systems of both wormholes... it depends on which set of dimensions you select. In some, the wormholes will appear to intersect, in others, no. Whether or not they "truly" intersect is a matter of one's definitions. And, in any case, until the question is more closely refined, answers are meaningless.

Elfen_Furry wrote:
Other issues: Since time travel involves both space and time travel the possibility of a wormhole being straight in its path from time/space point A to time/space point B is doubtful. Why? Space is not a "flat" entity, therefore any travel on it, though maybe straight along one on more axis, wont be on at least 1 axis. Time and space are warped by gravity and other forces; hence, a worm hole will not be straight on at least 1 axis along its path.

Since the wormhole's "path" lies outside of the space/time continuum referenced, it's "straightness" or "crookedness" inside that continuum is irrelevent and meaningless. While you have two endpoints, true, the path between them doesn't exist inside the referenced space/time continuum. The terms can't be properly applied.

Elfen_Furry wrote:
If Multiple Wormholes can cross each other's path (unproven as of yet), then they can start and end at near end points without incident.

If they aren't required to use the same set of dimensions, then pathcrossing isn't truly possible.

Elfen_Furry wrote:
And if all these things are true; then anything's possible in Tabitha's world.

Well, we already knew that. Wink It is, after all, Chris's and James's world; if they say it's possible, then it just is.[/b]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A nicely well put together rebuttal...

I must shake that paw, Galadrion.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Tabitha the Story All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: