Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Brunner Effect...(?)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Tabitha the Story
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whiterabbit wrote:
Bah! I know just enough about physics to be dangerous. Too young to have really studied anything about it, anyway. I'm just 20. And never studied any physics save for what I have in a few nuke books.

Then you are missing a lot of fun then!!! Making Particle Acellerators with Tin Cans, Death Rays with old stuff you have laying around the house and actually getting 100% thermal transfer of gasoline engery out of your car's engine!!!

But knowing whats inside a few nuke books is not dangerous; gutting out your microwave over and making a death ray phaser beam device out of it.... THATS DANGEROUS!!! And this was stuff I knew in my sophmore year of HELL.

Now, building a Rienstat's (??) Doorway, and finding out where it goes, that would be fun...

But for Edwin Teller... something about a froggy little man that rides with a life monitor for a wrist watch, and when he dies- something goes "BOOM!" with him, is very unsettleing in my mind. If Governments fear this individual- I have to respect him and give him a very wide berth....

As for me- my history's too well known in certain circles, and most hate it that this kid, who was fond of physics, biology and electronics since the age of 6- fell out of his medical & sciences studies and onto computers. go figures, I'm happy wanting to be left alone.

BTW- my favorate toy was a butterknife, for it was the only thing I can use to take apart other things with.... toys, radios, the TV, assorted engines (started from Cox .049's and moved up Cryslers V8 in under a year!), etc., etc., etc.,... I was a dangerous kid for my day... Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
Terl

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 10:10 am    Post subject: Doorways Reply with quote

Now, building a Rienstat's (??) Doorway, and finding out where it goes, that would be fun...

Hmm, Ive never heard of that particualr one myself, but heres a few things to get you interested. From the New Scientist, If you want to enter the fourth (spacial) dimenson, you only need to play with sandcastles. This is because, by careful measurement and analysis, its been found that the so called random piling effect of a free poured pile of fine grains, is identical, to within experimental error, of a regularly arranged four spacial dimension array of four dimensional objects.

Second, ther are several new radio frequency coding systems being worked on, including BLAST, and one which is an accellerating antenna designed to try to simulate the signal generation of a pulsar. Some of the calculations seem to imply a sub quantum, or faster than light effect, with the signal strength decaying only linearly with distance, rather than the square of the distance.

Third, a single ,point, antenna emits spherically, two point antennas can be made to focus the signal more in certain diections that others, a line of point antenna can therefore generate a beam, which can project perpendicularly to the line. Common 2D flat arrays, as used in Radar, and some old sattelite recievers, can form a beam anyewhere in 3D space.. Therefore, I see no problem with the idea, that using an array, that exists as a Regular array in 4D space, means you can arrange the signals such that the resultant beam can go anywhere in 5D spacetime, which is any direction forwards, backwards in time. And Stephen Hawking says the Universe is closed, at least in the imaginary time dimension, certain maths I have been working on, show that the Universe is Hard Closed, in All dimensions, both real and imaginary parts of each of the 5 complex dimensions, and so, therfore, as soon as one properly created signal generator is made, no matter where, when how, or who, whatever reality, it becomes capable of reaching any other place and time, given the energy and accuracy of its generator, and is aloso capable of being picked up immediately by a detector, anywhere in the whole of spacetime.

The paradox thing though, is resolved in an intersting way, in that 5D objects, by definition, behave as if they have negative, or exotic mass, and hence negative gravitational, energy field, attraction, that is, repulsion. It takes energy to force the end of the spaciotemporal worm to a particualr place in spacetime, the larger the conflict, paradox, the greater the energy required. Attempting to do a full paradox, would require so much energy, that the Universe would be immediately reset to an alternate time line, where your grandparent was killed, but it wouldnt be you who killed them, but someone else, either naturaly at that time, or the `Temporal Ajusters, Time Cops` who would have to go back to ensure that their time line remained intact.

There are no paradoxes, just solutions we have technology to resolve yet.
Given time travel, any solution is immediately available, we just have to wait for the technology in the future to evolve, so that it can be brought back to the now.

Hmm, by the way, for those who are trying to get your head round relativity, and the working out behind the equation, E=mc^2, try this, take Newtons law of momentum, F=ma, and integrate over time to get the energy required, but with one proviser. Dont take the varation in mass, take the variation in velocity, that is, v=vo((1+(vo/co)^2)^0.5) and run through the equation. The results, are very interesting, because in the standard equation for rest energy, and kinetic energy, you get an infinite number of additional terms, because of the expantion. Using this slightly different equation, you get just the reast mass energy , And the kinetic energy, And no other terms if you take the kinetic energy to be at a velocity thats higher than normal.

To try to help, If you allow the speed of light to vary acording to local energy density, then Newtons equation of motion, can be rewritten as a high energy version of Special Relativity, that is, velocities, and Newtons equation of Gravity can be rewritten as General Relativity. Icluding time dilation effects and such.

I know, because I calculated the time dilation effects for the aircraft tests, allowed for the rotation of the eath, and got results accurate to a couple percent of those measured. Not bad for nothing more complex than a square root.

Oops.. I think I see Chris Approaching with the Stephen King special on the van.. an I dont want to be pavement pizza as yet. 8}

I apologise to everyone, for the long post, the insane ramblings, to Chris for being such a pain in the rear, .. oops, was that the squeal of tires?

Im gone

[email protected]
Lessee, AI, check, Robotics, check, Quantum Gravity, check, Fusion Reactor, check, Quantum Afterburner, check, Wormhole Generator, check, Check?, Its in the post.

PS, When CERN comes back online in 2006, some research papers estimate it may be able to produce up to 1 nano wormhole per second. Thats not research, thats Business.

Now, which reality am I in?
Fishburne
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: Doorways Reply with quote

Terl wrote:
Second, ther are several new radio frequency coding systems being worked on, including BLAST, and one which is an accellerating antenna designed to try to simulate the signal generation of a pulsar. Some of the calculations seem to imply a sub quantum, or faster than light effect, with the signal strength decaying only linearly with distance, rather than the square of the distance.

Err...wouldn't that be a partial Tesla wave? Tesla claimed to have been able to transmit a signal with no degradation in strength, over extreme distances. He showed this to be true in 1883! However, beacuse of funding issues, he was unable to complete a full blown design. Dang it all that his writings have been 'lost' to us.

Heck, the Tesla wave principal was used in the Rainbow experiment of 1943, more commonly known as the "Philadelphia Experiment". No, I don't mean the movie or the fanciful imaginations of some people, or the supposed stuff at Montauk. I'm talking about the actual experiment itself.

Quote:
Third, a single ,point, antenna emits spherically, two point antennas can be made to focus the signal more in certain diections that others, a line of point antenna can therefore generate a beam, which can project perpendicularly to the line. Common 2D flat arrays, as used in Radar, and some old sattelite recievers, can form a beam anyewhere in 3D space.. Therefore, I see no problem with the idea, that using an array, that exists as a Regular array in 4D space, means you can arrange the signals such that the resultant beam can go anywhere in 5D spacetime, which is any direction forwards, backwards in time. And Stephen Hawking says the Universe is closed, at least in the imaginary time dimension, certain maths I have been working on, show that the Universe is Hard Closed, in All dimensions, both real and imaginary parts of each of the 5 complex dimensions, and so, therfore, as soon as one properly created signal generator is made, no matter where, when how, or who, whatever reality, it becomes capable of reaching any other place and time, given the energy and accuracy of its generator, and is aloso capable of being picked up immediately by a detector, anywhere in the whole of spacetime.

Thats assuming that all quantum realities exist at the same pivotal point. If you think of universal time as a sphere, with all that has come and all that will come as specific points arrayed at the edges of the chronosphere and each of us has a sphere of time that relates to us. wouldn't that mean that the planar points have to intersect all chrono's at the same instance? This is thinking in relative terms of course. I think that Einstein believed Time was linear.

[qoute]The paradox thing though, is resolved in an intersting way, in that 5D objects, by definition, behave as if they have negative, or exotic mass, and hence negative gravitational, energy field, attraction, that is, repulsion. It takes energy to force the end of the spaciotemporal worm to a particualr place in spacetime, the larger the conflict, paradox, the greater the energy required. Attempting to do a full paradox, would require so much energy, that the Universe would be immediately reset to an alternate time line, where your grandparent was killed, but it wouldnt be you who killed them, but someone else, either naturaly at that time, or the `Temporal Ajusters, Time Cops` who would have to go back to ensure that their time line remained intact. [/quote]

Wouldn't that be predestiny? Time cops? Thats making a big asssumption that timelines have to remain intact. Wouldn't that mean that no matter what I do, my outcome is already determined?

Quote:
Hmm, by the way, for those who are trying to get your head round relativity, and the working out behind the equation, E=mc^2, try this, take Newtons law of momentum, F=ma, and integrate over time to get the energy required, but with one proviser. Dont take the varation in mass, take the variation in velocity, that is, v=vo((1+(vo/co)^2)^0.5) and run through the equation. The results, are very interesting, because in the standard equation for rest energy, and kinetic energy, you get an infinite number of additional terms, because of the expantion. Using this slightly different equation, you get just the reast mass energy , And the kinetic energy, And no other terms if you take the kinetic energy to be at a velocity thats higher than normal.

I need a blackboard Laughing

Quote:
To try to help, If you allow the speed of light to vary acording to local energy density, then Newtons equation of motion, can be rewritten as a high energy version of Special Relativity, that is, velocities, and Newtons equation of Gravity can be rewritten as General Relativity. Icluding time dilation effects and such.

So, you are assuming that light can be affected by gravity (ala quantum singularities...). On making that assumption, is it possible that light time can be affected by other outside influences? lets go back to the chronosphere idea. If light is affected by gravitational forces, then wouldn't a planar time slice be warped by the gravitational pull? therefore time travel on a PLANAR scale would not be possible, therefore time cannot be caluclated as a constant.
Ok, big assumptions from the lug in the back of the class.

Quote:
I know, because I calculated the time dilation effects for the aircraft tests, allowed for the rotation of the eath, and got results accurate to a couple percent of those measured. Not bad for nothing more complex than a square root.

Ok, I need a blackboard and a case of chalk, a protractor, and some lunch. Terl, excellent post!!!!

Fishburne

Concolor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Razz Razz

I feel REALLY stupid. Confused This discussion is over my head like a circus tent.

Razz Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked

Okay, I forbid anyfur who can follow this discussion to ready any of my sci-fi stories. You would tear apart everything I have thought up in mid-air. Wink

Fishburne
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tygon wrote:
Shocked

Okay, I forbid anyfur who can follow this discussion to ready any of my sci-fi stories. You would tear apart everything I have thought up in mid-air. Wink

I love your stories, Tygon. Remember, anything with the terms time travel or hyperspace is subjective. As of now, there is no such thing, and as such everything is possible!

Fish

Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fishburne wrote:
Tygon wrote:
Shocked

I love your stories, Tygon. Remember, anything with the terms time travel or hyperspace is subjective. As of now, there is no such thing, and as such everything is possible!

Fish

Thanks, Fish. Perhaps I should kick my tail and write my FTL theories for FD down (yews, I have several ones. One for each story Wink)

Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tygon wrote:
Fishburne wrote:
Tygon wrote:
Shocked

Fish

Thanks, Fish. Perhaps I should kick my tail and write my FTL theories for FD down (yews, I have several ones. One for each story Wink)

I would not tear down anything that you might have up in the air... Just aim my anti aircraft gun sights to it and see how off they are... Smile

The secret behind all this is when approaching the meataphysical aspect of Quantum Physics- it must sound feesable or else everything goes down to what ever planet everyone's one is one giant blaze of smoldering ash.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Doorways Reply with quote

Fishburne wrote:
Terl wrote:

Err...wouldn't that be a partial Tesla wave? Tesla claimed to have been able to transmit a signal with no degradation in strength, over extreme distances. He showed this to be true in 1883! However, beacuse of funding issues, he was unable to complete a full blown design. Dang it all that his writings have been 'lost' to us.

Heck, the Tesla wave principal was used in the Rainbow experiment of 1943, more commonly known as the "Philadelphia Experiment". No, I don't mean the movie or the fanciful imaginations of some people, or the supposed stuff at Montauk. I'm talking about the actual experiment itself.

(Slipping into my village idiot custom) * Telsa was a good old man Smile

Quote:

Fishburne wrote:

Ok, I need a blackboard and a case of chalk, a protractor, and some lunch. Terl, excellent post!!!!

Fishburne

Yes- it was an excellent post, I agree...
Fishburne
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 9:24 pm    Post subject: Tesla Waves Reply with quote

Anyone interested in making a Tesla Coil and Receiver and seeing what we could do with polyphasic waves?

Anyone know where I can find plans for Dr. Henry T. Moray's machine? I'm desperately trying to build my own Tesla Howitzer.

Thanks!!!!

oooh! Another thought! Lets build 3 or 4 Tesla coils, place them at 90 degrees planar opposite and see if we can recreate Project Rainbow!!!!

I'll brew the coffee, you get the books, Igor!

Fishburne

Jbird
Forum Hatchetman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*sidelong glance at Fishburne*

*turns ECM pod in Fishburne's direction, starts actively transmitting.* Shocked

(00:40:05) nbz: you win at the motherf***ing internet O_O
Galadrion

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Fishburne! Interested in directions for converting a Tesla coil into a rail gun? Or maybe an EMP generator? Scalable down to holdout pistol size, but the range suffers...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Galadrion wrote:
Hey, Fishburne! Interested in directions for converting a Tesla coil into a rail gun? Or maybe an EMP generator? Scalable down to holdout pistol size, but the range suffers...

Even though the laws of physics can not be scaled up or down; the problem is having a safe and containable power supply. Something the power of a few kilo-tons of tnt or 1/2 a megawatt of free flowing electrons...

And here I am thinking; Light Sabres... plasma Mig welding Torch... Light Sabres.... plasma Mig welding Torch... hmmmm....
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Call me a sick puppy for actually sitting down and figuring it out...

Galadrion wrote:

Something along the size of a S&W .45cal long nose variant and better range than some US Army Missles can be achieved with the right tools:

Along the muzzle, you'd need an increasing denisty coil (like that of a FireStick Antenea, if you're into cb or ham radio, you'd know what I mean...).

The next problem would be the electronic strobe circuit to force the coil to make a 1/2 ton magnetic pull for .01 seconds- just enough to pull the "rail" through the muzzle, and accellerate it to near sonic speeds, I hope. If not- it will blow up in your hands, and the last thing you want is a storage box of tiny rails running towards a 1/2-ton pull magnet in your hands!

Something tells me that a lot more than just someone's feelings will be hurt if this were to ever happen...

Can you image- a tiny nail, at 760mph or better? Can you image- a bunch of tiny nails, at 760mph or better... going for hand holding the magnet?
Fishburne
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2002 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jbird wrote:
*sidelong glance at Fishburne*

*turns ECM pod in Fishburne's direction, starts actively transmitting.* Shocked

Aww, cmon! I'm not being evil, just Wery Curious, Comrade.

Snicker
ok, outright evil laugh
BUWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Twisted Evil

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Tabitha the Story All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: