Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What's Your Favorite Kind of Food
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Dead Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  

So what tickles your fancy?
Meat (Go carnivores)
54%
 54%  [ 19 ]
Veggies (herbivores Rock)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
If it’s on the plate I’ll eat it (Omnivores Nature’s Disposals)
45%
 45%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 35

Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty much of an omnivore myself. Though I don't care for those organs that filter out desease (liver). I remember Hardee's as being good, ditto Carl's Jr (loved them when we lived in CA - speaking of which, try a double burger from In & Out Burger if you're ever out there - a simple menu, but high quality ingredients well prepared). Unfortunately, none of these chains are in this area. Sad Whataburger's not bad, their "triple" burger does fill up a large hunger, but they're not these others.

Last edited by Cateagle on Sat Jul 03, 2004 11:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Henry_Hound

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm an omnivor though I lean heavily towards meat and good rolls.
Toric

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I go for meat, as it is what I enjoy the most. Buuuuut... other food tastes good too, and is sorta necessary, so yeah. I'd have to say omnivore with a leaning towards meat.

I don't drink alcahol, so no favoritre beer, In fact, I think beer tastes disgusting. As for soda, I also tend not to drink too much, but D. Slice is pretty good for those occassion I need some caffein.

I recently tried Bawls the other day (pulled a 19 hour shift at work, and it was cheaper than the red bull and amp it was sitting next to). Didn't really strike me as a particularly great drink... but it seemd to do the job in keeping me alert that long night.

recipes... some of my own concoctions:
brown a lb of ground beef (leaner is more healthy, and tastier), drain.
boil 2 cups of rice
add ground beef, one 16oz can of diced tomatoes (and the juice), and several handfuls of thinly grated chedder cheese (about a pound or two looots of cheese), and simmer for awhile, stirring until the cheese is nice and melted in, and coats everything.

Other meats also work, and the proportions can also be varied as well. Other add ins that can work well are sliced black olives, sour cream and gaucomole, use your imagination. It is more or less mexican inspired. heh heh

for some interesting burgers, try adding some sausage to the beef. makes it -very- juicy and greasy, if oyu like that sort of thing. Mix the sausage while raw, into the ground beef, and for patties as desired.

Something that even the students can enjoy... take one bowl. Fill about 1/3 full with salsa (my preference is medium), the chunkier the better. Then, crush some Doritos (your choice of flavot, but nacho cheesier is classic, and salsa is very fitting also. cooler ranch has an interesting taste as well), and add crushed doritos until bowl is mostly filled, mixing as you go. vary the proportions to get the consistancy you like. ^.^
aryeon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

give me meat!!!!
Twisted Evil

Elle Femme

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MEAT RULES!!!!!!!!!!
(note: font is color of blood) Twisted Evil

Here is the "right " kind of meat, 'pour moi' : London broil, merinaded in wine and spices overnight, place on grill for 45-60 seconds per side, slice thinly, put on LARGE plate. Make Spatzle, gravy, and open a bottle of hot sauce(Chipotle or your own poison of choice). Arrange on plate, top with gravy and the hand of the FOOL who tried to take a bit of bloody, red meat off your plate. Twisted Evil Cackle evilly, and enjoy. Very Happy ^.^

My favorite drink is either 2% Milk, or A&W root beer.

(the convinience store 3 blocks from my house sells 20 oz. bottles of the stuff for $1.09 , and 2 LITER bottles for $0.89. Stupid,eh?)

Guardian Talon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meat, milk and root beer. Confused This makes 2, anyone else?
Lurch

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 11:13 pm    Post subject: Eat This! Reply with quote

BTW, A great idea I'm sure most of you have heard of, is to mix in one packet of Lipton onion soup mix per pound of ground beef (16-20% fat) for your burgers. It adds a wonderful flavor Razz that is really simple. Cook low over open flame, just untill juices run amber(they will never run clear). Then put on top rack to melt cheese, saute' onions and BOOM, good burger. Slow cooking these is deadly critical. Wanna keep in those juices, another reason not to go below 16%fat.

EDIT: Woooot! My one month aniv. of jouning the PF family! Very Happy

Elle Femme

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lurch, You've posted more in a month than I have in over a year! wow!

Momma mixes lipton onion soup mix in with roast merrinade. MAN!!! that stuff is GOOOOOD!!!!!!!! Very Happy

Thane

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elle Femme wrote:
[snip] and open a bottle of hot sauce(Chipotle or your own poison of choice)[snip]

Chipotle is pretty good. While it's not as hot as I'd like, it's far more flavorful than most hot sauces I've tried.

There's a place locally that makes some really, really good chile arbol, but it's actually too hot for me to eat more than a little at a time. But, oh, the burn is worth it for the flavor!
Elle Femme

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thane said:
"But, oh, the burn is worth it for the flavor!"

Dad (Concolor) says that a LOT! I don't believe him most of the time, either Razz

Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't get Chili heads or how or why they have to have the hottest possible flavor in there food I myself don't care for anything above the level of your standard buffalo wings. On another not the Vons in my area had a great sale on pork spar ribs so guess what I’m cooking today….yep steak Very Happy, no I’m cooking pork ribs of course. Razz I throw em on the butane beauty just long enough to brown the meat then slow cook them in the oven at 250F for five hours douse with BBQ sauce of choice put back on the grill at low flame to caramelize the sauce.

Henry_Hound

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Drools at the thought of ribs*
AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH I must get outa this thread it's making me hungry enough to eat a herd of cattle.
Anyway I love ribs and I really have no preference on them except that I prefer beef ribs to pork.
Actually I prefer beef anything to pork products.

CrayzedWolf

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Head pops out from behind bush with a certain Rabbits neck in his muzzle Twisted Evil* Meat meat meat meat!

My Live Journal
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Dead Threads All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: