Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What's Your Favorite Kind of Food
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Dead Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  

So what tickles your fancy?
Meat (Go carnivores)
54%
 54%  [ 19 ]
Veggies (herbivores Rock)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
If it’s on the plate I’ll eat it (Omnivores Nature’s Disposals)
45%
 45%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 35

Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 12:10 am    Post subject: What's Your Favorite Kind of Food Reply with quote

Ok I was just wondering what everyfur liked to eat and maybe share your favorite recipes. Anyway my favorite kind of food is....MEAT heh of course, I like all kinds of meat fish, poultry, pork but my all time fav is beef rare, rarer, rarest if I can't taste the blood it's no good, my folks think I'm part vampire.Twisted Evil

hikaru
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sushi! Specifically Unagi (barbequed eel)

Cheers

"Coming to you Live and Transcribed..." - TVDave
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vexxed

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*swallows hot-dog*
Hmm, what was that?
*cooks up some Microwavable Bacon*

Lurch

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOOOH. Love cooking and eating Very Happy
My Grandma's (bless her heart, she just passed) chili:

-Various chili beans (cooked)
-Bacon pieces (adds so much to the flavor)
-ground beef (cooked and drained)
-tons of brown sugar
-1 packet of taco seasoning
-very little tabasco
-shredded cheddar on top when served
-combine ingredients in crock pot. Cook on med (EDIT: low 8 hrs for a Rival crock pot) for 6 hrs.

Apologies for lack of clarity with amounts, as Grandma always cooked to taste. Razz

No one ever shared her recipes, but I think all you furs deserve it! I also know how much she liked to see the smiles when people ate her culinary creations.

PS: Come on all, lets keep this thread alive!

Last edited by Lurch on Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lurch

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:06 am    Post subject: Re: What's Your Favorite Kind of Food Reply with quote

Styx wrote:
my all time fav is beef rare, rarer, rarest if I can't taste the blood it's no good, my folks think I'm part vampire.Twisted Evil

Styx yer awesome! Laughing

Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Cheers Lurch

by the way I like your name I loved the Adam's Family when I was a cub

Oji

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-grins- ok.. you've brough up MY topic... now...um..wait a minute -runs to get white foxes great big book of great omnivorious recipies- probally one of the best things i've written to this point (since... i did fill it cover to cover with great recipes)...AH, uncle bobs chilli, very good, not very spicy but you can put a hobinaro in there to give it the heat. very tastey. um.. grims beaf stew... a recipe my granma came up with, top of the line ingredients makes a top of the line stew. gut bomb spaghetti sauce... enough garlic and spices to make you sick, but enough flavor to make it worth it. my personal sukiyaki recipe (i guess you could say its like a japanese beef stew. eets gud Very Happy ) hmm what else... i dunno. heh.. well.. i can cook virtually anything, and after a couple of tries by recipe i usually make my own version... Razz of course my cook book is loaded full of personal family recipes, most of which my great granma made and she was a little weird.. she would write them down, but NOT put in a single ingredient... i guess so no one could make it just like she did Razz so everytime i cook something from her book its all trial and error...

um.. my favorite food... A THICK STEAK WITH MASHED PATATOS ON THE SIDE... as much as i like to cook, i love simplicity Razz

Nite
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omnivore. I prefer meat, but I've been known to nibble a few fruits and veggies here and there Wink

I'm 97% Italian, I've got a few family recipes that will make your stomachs growl just by reading the ingredients Very Happy... you've never had a desert 'till you've tried i biscotti di mia madre ^^
Solis

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omnivore too... 100% Jamaican

My mum's rice and peas (forgive lackingness in amounts, I don't have any atm... )

Prepare 1 pot cooked red peas (kidney beans) with 8 cups water

Strain off broth into seprate bowl (keep it!) and prepare a large pot of rice (whatever amount needs 8 cups of water) using the broth rather than water. Add 1 package bacon (or however much you like), 1 or more scotch bonnett peppers, thyme, chives, green onions and any other seasonings (it changes from time to time).

Add the peas when the rice is cooked.

(This may have a few errors, so don't take it as canon, but I think it's largely correct)

DarkeWolf

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carnivore. Meat. RED meat. I'll eat white meat with a false grin, for it doth not suit my needs for blood. (forgive me for not using words correctally and typos. Its 3:37 AM here...)

Chicken, Pork, Fish < BEEF....I dont care where it comes from, what cut, HOW its cooked (preferably rare. Alot rare. Still mooing rare...better yet, bring me the cow alive, I'll cut what I want, and take the rest home. Muy Muy snakage.)

*drools* bloooooooooody meat....thick, juicy, steaming, tender, dripping wet lighty seasond with some salt-n-pepper....(no nasty steak sauce...SPOILS TEH FLAVOR!)...tossed on the grill...30 seconds each side....w00t!

ALTHOUGH there is one stipluation...Buffalo Wings...of couse they aint better then red meat, but....Hey, I LIVE IN BUFFAO, TEH BIRTH PLACE OF THE DAMN THINGS! www.anchorbar.com BUY THEIR STUFF.

Hurtful_Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like meat. . . .and lots of it Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
racky raccoon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey i aint a raccoon for nothing..... ANYTIHNG!!!!! keep ur bin lidsfirmly sealed Twisted Evil

ummmm resipe:

take 1 can bean

1 part toast
put beans in sausepan
put toat in toatser (or grill)

Sprinkle beans upon the toast..... ah i hate being a student

-Mike Regan-
I want a Lawyer, a Doctor... A CHEESE SANDWICH
-Harley Quinn-
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Skype Name
Thane

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omnivorous carnivore here - were it not for the fact that the human body does best with a mixture of foods, I'd eat very little besides meat. My fav is either steak or my homemade jerky...... and the absolute best meat is not beef, but elk. Beef is number two.

Steak:
Don't use the store-cut steak... find a good roast, and cut pieces to suit. Figure at least a pound for each person.
Whatever the shape of each piece, they all need to be at least an inch thick - we're going for a steak that has a touch of "charcoal" flavor on the outside, while the middle is still medium-rare. No tough, overcooked meat here.
Pick a marinade/basting sauce. Or make your own. I do different things each time. But whatever you choose/make, let the meat soak in the sauce for at least an hour. When you throw the meat on the grill, save the sauce.
Start the meat on high flame, while spreading the sauce on the meat. Once the sauce is gone, turn the flame down low, and let the meat cook slowly.
Total time on the grill approaches an hour - this is no fast cooking meal. But it sure is worth it....
As for side dishes, I recommend potatoes, cornbread, and green beans. Sweet potatoes may be substituted for potatoes.

Jerky Recipe: Sorry. I'd tell you this, but then I'd have to hunt you down and kill you.... Twisted Evil Suffice to say, it's better by far than anything you can get in the store, and is nearly a meal in itself. All I'll give away is, the secret is in the jerky marinade..... don't use store-bought stuff, but make your own.
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Styx on this one. Gimme meat as raw as possible. Eating isn't fun when the meal doesn't bite back Wink
Stormwalker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mostly carnivorous, but have been known to eat a fair amount of carbohydrate, and a few cooked vegies. But keep that green salad away from me... Shocked But either way, I eat WAY more than most people - they often have a surprised look on their face when I come back with a 4th fully loaded plate in the all-you-can-eat joint Twisted Evil

Oji - that gut bomb spaghetti sauce sounds brilliant (bearing in mind here, that it takes a LOT to make me sick, or even feel woozy). hehe - a friend and I made one that sounded similar to yours when we were fruit-picking at christmas - it had so much garlic in it, that the blokes working with us asked "how much garlic did you eat last night?" when we turned up the next morning... bearing in mind, this is outside, with a breeze blowing Razz We just grinned Very Happy

So basically, I eat anything that's got more chilli/pepper/garlic/spices in it than is good for me, as long is it's got a ton of meat in there as well. Cool

Lindsay

-edit- i noticed that's it's 10 each way on the poll, carnivore/omnivore... Does that mean that there's no herbivorous furries (at least, in their eating habits?), or just that they haven't seen this thread yet?

Last edited by Stormwalker on Mon Jun 28, 2004 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Dead Threads All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: