Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Little Nothing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AmigaDragon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have even a rough sketch of what the Bowtie Beast might look like? I gather from the various descriptive snippets that it's not merely an animal nor a machine, but more like a cyborg.
Tigermark
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'd need to ask Silver Coyote about that, AmigaD. The Bowtie Beast is his creation, so he'd be the one to give you a best guess at the Beast's actual appearance.

TM.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
The Silver Coyote

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually tried to post a reply to Amiga's question, but the PF server crashed, or lost it's link to the outside world, while I was in the process of writing it. <looks around furtively> If it crashes again now, I think I'll go hide for a while...

Anyway, here's what I tried to submit a few nights ago:

Well... lessee. It's big. And green. It's skin is possibly similar to aluminized leather and quite thick. It drools a chemical compound similar to ethelyne glycol mixed with digestive acids. In some places it bleeds a mixture of blood and hydraulic fluid, in others blood and oil. It's not sentient, but it has moods and an annoying ability to break down at the worst possible times. This, of course, causes the poor furs who depend on it to wonder if this is an intentional occurrence. It doesn't speak, at least not in any language that most furs might be able to interpret, yet it communicates quite effectively with Joe in it's own way.

It's large enough to carry several furs about from place to place, either over the surface or (thanks to Tigermark's possibly over-active creative streak) through the air. It can haul / lift significant amounts of weight besides passengers, thus our heros can carry all sorts of whatnot along with them on their missions when the beast is along. When traveling over the surface it can also tug or tow heavy loads that are on wheeled contrivances of their own (otherwise known as "trailers").

It's most potent weapon system is too disgusting to describe in a PG venue. Let's just say that it might have been distantly related to the Stuka dive bomber and leave it at that...

Think you favorite old clunker car mixed freely with the visage of a wyrm. Mix in hefty helpings of calcified recalcitrance, a questionable attitude, an unpredictable nature, and a deep sense of loyalty. Don't forget a pinch of the devil... and slap a familiar looking bowtie logo on it's rump somewhere.

What all this nonsense really means, dear Amiga, is that like so many things about ALN, we're not really sure what the beast is or what it looks like yet. To be perfectly honest, it's reliability and outward appearance (drooling, wheezing, raising clouds of dust, and making rude noises) seem to be based largely on my 1994 Chevrolet K1500 Suburban, a vehicle with which all three authors are familiar. The beast sort of seemed to develop a life of it's own as the story progressed.

Then again, there are some who consider that some aspects of the beast are actually patterned after one of the authors. <coughs humbly> Not that I'd know which one might be affiliated with which descriptor...

Speaking of ALN, I hear rumblings in the north, and suspect that Aramis may be getting cclose to lavishing another section of ALN upon us all. <elbows the kitty> Right, buddy?

SC

Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I think I saw something very simalare come out of the water last time I was at the beach.

The Silver Coyote

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

<laughs>

You must have been down at Huntington Beach right after the last storms...

SC

Tigermark
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GREAT celebration and Hoopla! Part XIII of ALN has been added! Go to the story and either scroll down and scan to refersh yourself to the story until you get to the new part, or just click the link in the header that says Jump to the newest section. Either way, Enjoy! SC, the ball's in your court.

Tigermark (BTW, Aslaug has joined our merry round-robin exercise in creativity. She'll do the next section after my next turn with it. As I said, GREAT Hoopla! Very Happy )

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Tigermark
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hurray! The next part of ALN, done by Silver Coyote, has been added to the story. The link is on the site's front page. Go, read!

TM

The Silver Coyote

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While modesty dictates that I should refrain from crowing too loudly about the most recent addition to ALN (everyone *knows* how reserved coyotes are), I did take a moment during an chat on YIM this evening to mention ALN to Mike Regan of The Raccoon's Bookshelf fame. He had not heard of the story. Hopefully he will take a moment to drop by and check it out.

Causes me to wonder if any other recognizable names have visited ALN. Chris? James? Hikaru? Ted? Cirrel?

Just wonderin'...

SC

Tigermark
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The next section of ALN, part XV actually, is up for your reading pleasure. Done by yours truly, the pen now passes to teh newest member of the writing team. Aslaug, the amazing filly of Transitions fame, is already hard at work on her first piece in the actual ALN saga.

Tigermark

Tigermark
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I told you she was hard at work. Aslaug's contribution to this round of A Little Nothing is posted for your pleasure. Go! Read! COMMENT!!!

Tigermark (And the filly makes four!)

Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I know it was a bit wicked of me to bring Aslaug in that way, but it made for a suitably gritty and nasty sequence. So...now it's the 'three amigos plus one'.

Enjoy the read, everyone Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tigermark
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The newest piece of A Little Nothing is up for your reading pleasure. there are some coding issues in one section, and we're working on them right now, but the text should still be understandable. This is section XVIII, done by the inestimable Silver Coyote.

Now, IT"S MY TURN! Bwahahahahaha!

*blinks* Er, well, anyway, I'll get my section out as soon as I can.

Tigermark

Teric

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe fun read! Seems like most of you speak (or at least understand) spanish. That's cool! I would read along, and hit a spanish sentence, and I could totally understand what was going on.

Then I hit Aslaugs... Dutch? What language was that? I was completely lost.

Fun interplay between the religious beliefs of the three vs. Aslaug's beliefs. 'Turn the other cheek' vs. 'Hit me hard enough to make sure I don't hit back otherwise you're dead.' Haha! Nice, gritty, tough femme you've got there, girl.

Tigermark
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The language used by Aslaug (such a mouth on that gal, hehe, j/k) is Danish. With her, possibly ancient Danish. What she said wasn't too far from what Joe said in Spanish a few lines earlier. SC is the most fluent in Spanish of our group, but I dabble a bit, too. Still have to babelfish some things, but I get the idea pretty quick.

Thanks for reading, Teric.

Tigermark

The Silver Coyote

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Teric.

Essentially Aslaug is agreeing with Joe. Her reply, roughly translated, means "I too know deception when I hear it." Now I may know a little bit of Spanish, but I don't know jack about Danish, so I confess I had help (a lot of it) from Joan with that bit. Seems what I wrote originally was the comic-book equivalent of what I wanted, like a three-year old might say it. <grins> And that won't do...

Joan translated what I wanted for the story into something that furs from her part of the world might actually be able to read and understand.

<tips hat to the Filly>

Thanks, dear.

And thank you, Teric, for checking out our little story. Drop by often. We enjoy the company.

Later,

SC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> tigermark All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: