Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Act IV Chapter 7
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Identity Crisis
View previous topic :: View next topic  
webkilla

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hikaru wrote:
Cirrel knows, but if he tells, I'll kill him. Twisted Evil

Ok, somebody spank me with a blue goat - I thought that Cirrel was female? (I thought that his/her art looked a tad female?)

Nuuu! Dun punish me! Sad Crying or Very sad

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
hikaru
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

webkilla wrote:
Hikaru wrote:

Ok, somebody spank me with a blue goat - I thought that Cirrel was female? (I thought that his/her art looked a tad female?)

*looks at Cirrel's icon and blinks*

You're not blind, right?

Oh, and no abusing any blue goats. Not in this forum!

"Coming to you Live and Transcribed..." - TVDave
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Henry_Hound

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about a red goat then???
hikaru
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Henry_Hound wrote:
How about a red goat then???

No!

There will be no abuse here unless I'm the one who gets to do it!

It is my forum after all! BUWAHAhahahahaha
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Cirrel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

webkilla wrote:
Hikaru wrote:

Nah. You ain't the first one that got thrown - but by the art?

<Wonders what female art looks like compared to male art.>

Well... males generally draw bigger secondary sexual characteristics, but I can draw hoots with the best of 'em!

Most folks get thrown by the name - Cirrel - which is really asexual - sort of female first part and male second part. I originally pronounced it sir-EL, with the accent on the second sylable, but everyone else pronounced it SEAR-ul, with the accent on the first sylable.

What the hey - just so they call me something.

Cirrel - "Ok. You're 'Something'."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's the long fingernails/claws on James that threw him, Cirrel... Wink Very Happy

Hmmmm....so the vixen popped, eh? That would be a possibility. I originally thought she might have flipped out or something from the implanted memories, but surely all those big, burly FBI agents could handle a hysterical vixen. (And if not...they still make those tiny little bottles of liquor on flights, don't they?)

"Candy, little girl?" Laughing hehehehe

Henry_Hound

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about the bottles of liquor as she is pregnant they may not let her have anything like that. But as for going hysterical I doubt it as she should know that the implanted memories are fake.
Though I am curious about the memories as they had given Arden's genitalia to someone so I wonder if maybe they're sitting in Khansman's home now.

hikaru
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would assume khansman had anything to do with it. Considering the fact that the event (probably) never happened........

webkilla

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cirrel: Yes, the name threw me a lil too - and the fact that u didn't draw much boobage, it being a trademark of male art (just look at MBR or EWS's stuff)

Hikaru: Probably? (damn me and my graphic train of thought... now I'll be thinking polar-bear nutsack the rest of the day)

mwalimu

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hikaru wrote:
That would assume khansman had anything to do with it. Considering the fact that the event (probably) never happened........

Something I was wondering about. Law enforcement tends to go looking for corroborating evidence (especially Arden's body) to back up any story like that, especially one that would implicate furs for committing acts as heinous as Shiela describes. What happens when no such evidence can be found?

The fact that Shiela is alive exonerates Zig Zag for her disappearance, but if Shiela's story doesn't play well, either of them could still be suspect for Arden, who is still missing.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Henry_Hound

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it would appear that The gang members and mob bosses also have implanted memories. Only I'm sure that that's all they would be able to remember otherwise they'd be able to deny it completely and honestly.
Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Regan wrote:
If you remember one of the gang leader's own men ratted out on him. So did that statment come from Sheila or from him?

If I remember correctly Logan said he was reading from Sheila's statement.

Hortmage

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Henry_Hound wrote:
I don't know about the bottles of liquor as she is pregnant they may not let her have anything like that. But as for going hysterical I doubt it as she should know that the implanted memories are fake.

That late in the pregnancy, a small "nip" wouldn't cause that much damage to the fetuses. Tying one on and then going into labor would be something different, though.

About the implanted memories...without digging up the story, as I recall Lucy said Sheila could "remember" both the REAL events as well as what he manufactured. Now...Sheila could have used the faked memory and been convincing enough...but why is she being deemed unfit to take care of herself?

The only thing I can think of is that just HAVING those horrid faked memories accessible to her in her mind...even if she knows they're faked...could be enough to unhinge her. I mean, let's face it...how many of the guys in the forum got the heebie jeebies reading about Arden's emasculation? And we're just reading about it 4th hand in a work of fiction! Imagine being able to actually remember it happening... Shocked

Lucifer is seriously twisted, and Sheila is mentally screwed.... Evil or Very Mad

Henry_Hound

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True they could be horrifying enough to make her a little batty for a while, pardon the expresion. But she could just be acting like that so it'd be more believable. If she is acting then she won't be in the care facility for more than three weeks at the most.
Hortmage

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I dug out chapter 50 to find this quote:

Quote:
"All right. Here we are," Lucifer announced as he rubbed his hands together. "Ok, first things first. Sheila. In order to return you to your world in such a way as to explain your absence, I have to give you an alibi. In order to do that, I'm going to have to implant some false memories."

"False memories? What kind?" the vixen asked as she glance nervously at Hecate.

"Nothing major," the devil reassured her. "A complete history that covers the last nine months, It will include an explanation for Arden's death and information that will exonerate your friend Zig Zag who's currently on trial for the murder of you and Arden."

Sheila glanced at Hecate who simply shrugged. "What will happen to my real memories?"

"You'll still have your real memories. They will exist side by side with you able to access either equally as well whenever you desire." He shrugged at the vixen's hesitation. "I can send you back without the memories, but then there would be a lot of questions you couldn't answer, some of which are crucial to keeping Zig Zag out of prison."

So, Sheila has two sets of memories, existing side by side, and she can access them equally well.

How the heck is she to know which ones are the real ones???

If both sets exist...and both are equally accessible, then there is nothing for Sheila to grab onto to tell which is correct. In fact, thanks to Lucy's manipulation of her body, she has physical evidence that the implanted memories may be the real ones:

Quote:
"What the hell are you doing?" Hecate demanded.

"I have to adjust her appearance to match the alibi," the devil commented as he reached out to stroke her arm. A wave seemed to flow over the vixen, leaving the fur filthy, matted and tangled. Her hair was chopped short, close to her head in a fashion that made it look like it had been hacked off with a knife. He brushed his finger under her right eye, causing the skin underneath to swell and bruise.

"Stop it!" Hecate demanded, grabbing his arm. "This goes way beyond just giving her an alibi!"

The dark prince snatched his arm away and snapped his fingers, caging Hecate so that she couldn't interfere again. "This is all part of the alibi. I'm doing nothing that won't be part of the story, the history that will explain why she vanished from the face of the earth for nine months. No permanent harm will come to her from this." He reached out and brushed the upper part of her right arm, then the right wrist. Walking around to the other side, he brushed his hand over her left forearm, then along her ribs. Time after time he stroked various parts of her body, sometimes creating a visible damage, other times the damage was unseen.

Considering the many, many times that Sheila has jumped to the wrong conclusions, how can we expect her to do anything different this time? Ever since she first met Arden in book 1, she has made incorrect assumptions about what everyone is thinking, or why they're doing things. (OK, Arden isn't completely innocent on some of these misconceptions, but work with me here, I'm on a roll!)

Think about it: you have two equally valid sets of memories in your mind. One set is horrible beyond thought, but it matches your physical state. The other is so completely fantastic, it's GOT to me a drug-induced nightmare (magic? dragons? switching bodies? watching angels and devils duke it out?).

I think Sheila is definitely suffering psychologically...heavily. She may not be able to rectify what is true or not until Arden...in whatever shape he reappears...comes back to verify which reality is real.

Hikaru...without giving away anything (which you wouldn't do anyway)...am I on the right track here about Sheila's mental state? Or am I making a mountain out of a mole hill here?

(And don't tell me to be patient...I'm going to be out of town for the next week, and unable to access any new chapters until I get back!)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Identity Crisis All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: