Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cooldrew's Gaming Review

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you guys like me to do more reviews?
Yes
100%
 100%  [ 2 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

Cooldrew100

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 9:40 am    Post subject: Cooldrew's Gaming Review Reply with quote

Well, I just beat an awesome game. It had stealth, action, an incredible story, great graphics, and overall Super-awesomeness! What game would this be, you ask?

Beyond Good & Evil.

I've played this game for about a week. It was in a word: amazing.

So, to sum it up: Jade, a freelance reporter, lives on a lighthouse on the planet Hillys with her half-pig, half-human uncle, Pey'j. They take care of orphans from the DomZ (an evil alien species) attacks. After a DomZ attack nearly destroys her home, she accepts a mission from Mr. DeCastellac. After that, she learns of the underground IRIS Network, a rebel group trying to uncover a government conspiracy. Eventually, she discovers the truth about the government, her uncle, and herself.

Now, for scoring:
Graphics: Beautiful. The character models are cool, and the animation is pretty good. The overall art style for the game is sort of dark, and it fits the game. The lip sync isn't great, but it's a small issue. Score: 4/5
Sound: Top-notch. The voice acting is excellent across the board, and the music is great. One small issue: During sections with voice, if you pause and unpause, you'll skip any voice acting, which sucks. also, the music during the minigames is this incredibly annoying Spanish music! Urrgh! Score: 4/5
Controls: Great! Jade controls like a charm. Like in the Zelda series, she will autojump across pits and grab ledges. At times, the camera controls: both for sight and using Jade's camera to take pictures) can be kind of touchy. The end-boss (minor spoilers ahead) fight is cool: Jade loses control of her spirit near the end, and for the rest of the battle, you're movement controls are reversed! It was a pretty cool effect, but it made the end very hard. Score: 5/5
Story: OMG! I will not spoil anything for you. If you like conspiracy theories, you'll love this game. Score: 5/5
Gameplay: Sweet! Varied gameplay, including stealth and all-out battle sections. The vehicles are fun to drive, especially the spaceship. One complaint: It is over to soon (10 hours), but the online Darkroom missions and scoreboard add to that. Score: 5/5

Overall: 5/5
If you like Zelda, adventure games, conspiracies, or cinematics, PLAY THIS GAME!!! This is not an exaggeration. I hope there will be a sequel that can wrap up the end. Oh, her's a tip: Don't skip the credits. There's a cool little segment at the end.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Dead Threads All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: