Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Alan's fate?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Tabitha the Story
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Enola Straight

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:49 pm    Post subject: Alan's fate? Reply with quote

Due to endomitriosis, Sabrina lost her first baby in a miscarriage.
She carried Alan to term, then miscarried another child.

If Tabitha's future medicine works to cure the endomitriosis (as it apparently does in the Sabrina storyline), will Alan come to be?

In Gone Wylde, Chris and Sabrina have FIVE children, and NONE of them are named Alan.

Ethically speaking, does Tabitha have the right to potentially erase Alan from history?
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Alan's fate? Reply with quote

Enola Straight wrote:
Ethically speaking, does Tabitha have the right to potentially erase Alan from history?

She creates five other lives instead, so I would say the odds are in her favor.

Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most definately agreed on the points stated here.
But let me throw in this here monkey wrench... UMPH!!! [A loud Clang can be heard in the distance.] There...

Who is to say that Tabitha did or did not destroy Allen? All she did as a time traveller is diverge the time line into another direction. The Time Line where Allen lives still exists, as are an infinate other possibilities, but the one Tabitha chose to run with has Sabrina alive, well and according to one divegent path (yet to be be seen through Tabitha's eyes) with multiple cubs.

Genetically speaking, Allen as a furson may exist in these other time lines, but not with the name Allen. All this remains to be seen as to what path Tabitha takes the story to.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
Mapper

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One word. ASPRIN!!!! I haven't read the Sabby story yet, So I don't have that history to go by.
well we shall see what the past has instore for tabby

Av by GreyCat
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question Has either SOtS or Tabitha given any indication how many (and who exactly) kits Sabrina will have after Tabby's intervention?

Just because she has 5 kits in "Gone Wylde" does not mean that she won't have them (or the same ones) in this continuity (or discontinuity Wink ) line.

Mapper

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think eric said it best "nothing like continuity reboot" this quote coming from back when Eric was in his college day paper strips(dating a fox back then) then moved Sabby to the lime light of online strips(and where she is now) to explain the changes(baically trash it and started over).

Av by GreyCat
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sneeky BooBoo on Sluggy.com said it best, "Time Travel makes for Sloppy Bookkeeping."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
Maltray

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: Alan's fate? Reply with quote

Enola Straight wrote:
Due to endomitriosis, Sabrina lost her first baby in a miscarriage.
She carried Alan to term, then miscarried another child.

If Tabitha's future medicine works to cure the endomitriosis (as it apparently does in the Sabrina storyline), will Alan come to be?

In Gone Wylde, Chris and Sabrina have FIVE children, and NONE of them are named Alan.

Hmm not a easy one to answer, if we take the theory that for every point of decision there is two possiblities. This creates parallel dimetions with every possibility. In one Tabitha may never travel back and save her sister from her untimely death, In another she does indeed do this. Every possibility must exist it's just that Tabitha changes the timeline with saving Sabrina.

Then there is a recurring temprol causality loop. The older Tabitha is seen as in theroy if the young Tabitha does'nt see the future Tabitha she might not become the Tabitha of 2030. So the future Tabitha has to go back in time for her youngerself to see her.

Hmm Ethically speaking in Star Trek TNG: Time Squared In this episode Picard 2 is the only one to survive the explosion of the Enterprise and he is thrown six hours to the past together with his shuttlepod. Aboard the still existing Enterprise in the past, Picard 2 suffers from a severe shock and cannot remember anything. Moreover, the shuttle's computer data cannot be read out. This is obviously a trick to keep the situation obscure. Yet, the shown effects are questionable with respect to other time travel episodes. The problem with the shuttle's energy signature can be explained with some technobabble. Picard 2's respective physical and mental condition, however, seems to be directly related to the current time, as if there were a temporal signature of his organism that makes him feel better the closer he is to the time of his departure. There is no such effect in other episodes, only a weak similarity to TOS: "All Our Yesterdays".

It was ethically highly questionable for the present Picard 1 to kill his unlucky alter ego from the future. It would just have been necessary to hold him back, since "the cycle must end", as Picard 1 himself noted. After changing the timeline in this direction, Picard 2 would have disappeared anyway in the same manner the shuttle disappeared. There is an obvious paradox, when the Enterprise does not explode, since in this case there is no Picard to travel back in time and warn the Enterprise.

So to answer your question it may be possible for Tabitha to 'kill' Alan. But because it's a point of decision it is possible that in one time line or another Alan still lives.

Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Regan wrote:
What if 'Alan' still lives, just not as Alan?

THATS WHAT I SAID!

Elfen_Furry wrote:

But let me throw in this here monkey wrench... UMPH!!! [A loud Clang can be heard in the distance.] There...

Who is to say that Tabitha did or did not destroy Allen? All she did as a time traveller is diverge the time line into another direction. The Time Line where Allen lives still exists, as are an infinate other possibilities, but the one Tabitha chose to run with has Sabrina alive, well and according to one divegent path (yet to be be seen through Tabitha's eyes) with multiple cubs.

Genetically speaking, Allen as a furson may exist in these other time lines, but not with the name Allen. All this remains to be seen as to what path Tabitha takes the story to.

The Time-Verse of but a cord of multiple Time Threads making up the continutity of the universe. Each Thread being separate, but connected through divergent events, leading to a different outcome. Tabitha only diverged the time lione from one to another; and yet no one has yet to notice that Allen (and only Allen) is still alive in the Tabitha story. In the least, this shows that up to that point in Time, Allen still remains even though years had past according to Tabitha's interference in StOLS. In other stories, other timline run accordingly, and thus the different set of events and different characters.

Even in my story, Tabitha is the mother to Hepzedah, though at the time, she has yet to bear any children; and that fact only hinted in the story.

Kristie_Kitty

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello... i'm kinda new to all this and really enjoy the stories i've read so far. I admit that I read the 1st chapter of Tabitha before reading the whole story of Sabrina which made me abit confused and more emotional to Sabrina. In the question of Allen being alive or not is not that much to discuss with Tabitha involment with her big sisters past, but if you recall in both Tabitha and Sabrina's stories that Allen was Sabrina's 2nd child after the misscarage of her 1st unborn that threaten her life. So the Issue that Allen will be born is false but the issue that comes to mind is that since Tabitha has became involved in the past, will Allen be the same... maybe not born a boy but instead a girl (just a small thought). But the consception and delivory of Allen into Sabrina's life will happen... just maybe abit different. The question I remain for this topic is what would Allen become if Sabrina has has a child before him and after him, would his future life be the same? Will Sabrina and Chris be there together for support? But maybe in a different topic, will Sabrina still die just at a different time from a different accident?

ps. I do know that I am a bad speller.
Tigermark
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, Kristie,

Yes, do go and begin reading on all the great interpretations of Sabrina and her friends, fates, and happenings. The Raccoon's Bookshelf is a great place to find "Sabrinaverse" stories. Also check out Zig Zag the Story at ZZstudios.com, and the individual author's pages linked from their forums here at Planet Furry.

Tigermark

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Kristie_Kitty

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, ive read all the stories out there of Sabrina from Chris Foxx, Tabitha and ZigZag, and thank you for the heartwarming welcome. But for me, i keep getting torn up when i read Tabitha story from chapters 1-6, with the images that Cirrel has posted on his website about her death brings me to tears every time. I know that she is only a fictional char, but to me... Sabrina feals like my grandma that I didn't get to know soo well from my dad's side. It was a very sad tragic trafic accident on easter sunday when I was very young (sorta puts me into Tabitha's childhood age). I just don't know how I can spescify the connection but for me, I feal like I am apart of the story watching from third perspective.

But to continuation on the topic and of some insight I have found about the different dimensions theroies, I find it abit confusing of about the infant posibilites each decision (conscious or subconscious) such as Tabitha goes back and saves her sisters life but in theory, when she returns back to her own time, Sabrina will still be dead but in the timeline that she helped, Sabrina lives on?

... sorry, im starting to confuse myself in deepened thoughts of "what if's". But the posabilitie's are endless to the facts so far the story of Tabitha doesn't follow that concept in such example that Tabitha goes back in time to save her boss from sertian death and returns back to her own time to find him alive. Deeper thoughts into simple questions would lead to endless questioning of ourselves, our existance and our purpose in life could mean.

As writers of these wonderful stories, I congradulate you in your acomplishment of give the fealing of deep presense of posabilities and can't wait for more chapters to fallow in wake.

P.S. I'm still a very bad speller, and could someone contact who ever wrote ZigZag story, I feal that they (he/she) has stoped in the middle of a great story line in-contrast with further development and relationship with other well known furry fictional characters.
Kristie_Kitty

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That you everyone for feeding my curious hunger and thank you mike for the 'out of box' compliment. I like to think beyond the current social standers of the public. I observe, analize and think deeply on any subject, but for being out 'out of box' is not hard to do. I think it is possible that Tabitha uses unusual thinking to achieve her objectives within her work and trying to save her sister. I believe that its grey area in consideration that she could be beyond briliant and/or completely mad in her way to save her belovid Sister.
Buster Newman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wilkommen, Kristie!
*hands her a pie*
good to meet you, enjoy all the wonderfuls stories you will find from the authors here, and elsewhere. the Bookshelf is a great place to start.
as for the time thing....ah.....mmm....nope...my mind is too tired to grasp these concepts.....sorry...too much...

Teric

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, Kristie--very glad that you're enjoying the stories as much as we have, and it's good to see that Sabrina has affected you in a similar way as she has affected many of us. I read about Sabrina's accident and death while I was at work, and I had to pull four tissues and close the door to my office so I could compose myself.

Why do we get so emotionally attached to a fictional character? It's amazing, but it's true. Chris, James, Cirrel, TV Dave, and others have spun wonderful stories, making their characters become very real and alive in our minds.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Tabitha the Story All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: