Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Farewell for a Friend"
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 4:22 am    Post subject: "Farewell for a Friend" Reply with quote

This one's been mentioned elsewhere as my contribution to "Variations on a Theme" on The Foxx Den. It's currently on page 10 and proceding nicely. I've been working interactive edit/proof work with Mike so that it'll be ready to send out for final review not too long after I finish it. I'd also like to thank Mike for some wonferful bits of inspiration that make it a better work.

It's not as intense as some of the other stories; nor is it totally serious, there are touches of humor amidst the sadness as in real life. There are a few other touches too, but I want those to be a surprise to readers.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mapper

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

excellent Very Happy

Av by GreyCat
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
mwalimu

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm probably your biggest holdup. I'll try to give what you sent me a look over and get you some feedback this weekend.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mwalimu wrote:
I'm probably your biggest holdup. I'll try to give what you sent me a look over and get you some feedback this weekend.

Actually, if you look at my latest draft, I think I've pretty well worked around that. *grins* Marvelous what you can do when inspired by circumstances. This also leaves you maximum manuevering room for your story to interact with mine.

*G* BTW, I had to sit in a waiting room for a routine visit to the doc by Paula and got another page done. It's shaping up nicely indeed.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, nearly finished, working the last sequence now, then a coordination copy to Mwalimu and an edit/proof copy to my editor and it'll be ready for review by the "Variations" writers group before the final cleaned up version goes to Chris. It looks like it's going to come in at 12-13 pages and cover a fair bit of territory. Those I've had reading working drafts for feedback seem to like it a lot.
Concolor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be Envious.

Be Very Envious.

Twisted Evil

I was privileged to be one of his proofreaders. No spoilers here, but mucho kudos for tying a number of ends together so they turn out nice and neat. You'll all like this one.

Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope it's not as emotionally loaded as Tabitha Ch: 6 to be honest I still haven't read the other tab ch6 stories. Not because I don't think there're well written quite the opposite, given how well the authors have done with their other stories I'm worried that they will have the same effect that ch6 did on me. Chapter 6 didn't just make me sad you understand....it destroyed me I was so depressed I couldn't read the rest for a week. This disturbed me, I have read the other stories and have watched movies that were....moving I guess best describes the feeling but JEEZ the loss I felt after ch6 had me wondering if I could take the others and I haven't been able to get up the nerve to read them.

Leonato

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Concolor wrote:
I was privileged to be one of his proofreaders. No spoilers here, but mucho kudos for tying a number of ends together so they turn out nice and neat. You'll all like this one.

I can only -third- this motion. Mr. Cateagle, you are doing most well with this, I too have pre-read it, and -cant wait- to get the final in my paws so I can record it. You furs can look forward to the recording being released as soon as possible after the textual release. Its very good Cateagle, and dare I say, your selling yourself short! ::grins:: Anyways, keep on keepin on!

PF's resident Lynx/Domestic reader,
Leonato

Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Styx wrote:
I hope it's not as emotionally loaded as Tabitha Ch: 6 to be honest I still haven't read the other tab ch6 stories. Not because I don't think there're well written quite the opposite, given how well the authors have done with their other stories I'm worried that they will have the same effect that ch6 did on me. Chapter 6 didn't just make me sad you understand....it destroyed me I was so depressed I couldn't read the rest for a week. This disturbed me, I have read the other stories and have watched movies that were....moving I guess best describes the feeling but JEEZ the loss I felt after ch6 had me wondering if I could take the others and I haven't been able to get up the nerve to read them.

Styx, mine's not that emotionally loaded at all. It's decidedly calmer and has warmth and humor mixed in. I've managed to mix in a few other things, too, but finding those particular tidbits (snerks and allusions) are left as an exercise for the reader.

The story is finished, ending on a positive note, and in the hands of Mike and Mwalimu.

Leonato, I think you'll find that the final version is generally cleaned up and tightened up and brings things to a good close. I did have to go back and tweak certain portions to make sure continuity was preserved with The Final Farewell and the other already published stories, but that was a simple matter to fix. There remains some items to be coordinated with Mwalimu, but I've already got those covered cleanly. I cover what's necessary for my story while allowing Mwalimu as much space as he needs for his story.

This collaborative effort has been enjoyable but I'll be glad to get back to the other stories currently in work (for the record, those are the next installment of From The Wings, the full basis for the Mach Angels story-verse (IR whenever you can scan that item, it'd be most useful - I'm sure you did your usual excellent job with it), and a new story (Tygon, it's the one we discussed after MFM last year, I'm finally getting back to it) which will be something of a departure for me. There's one other in work, I was chatting with an artist doing a commission and our collective muses hit us over the head with a story idea - though it isn't suitable for Mike's Bookshelf, I hope Kinsfire gets KAB back up and running because it'd go nicely there).

mwalimu

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just so you know, I'll be reviewing it and getting back to you today or more likely tomorrow. And I'm finally getting myself back up to do more writing after a few months of mostly downtime. I think I have some interesting things coming in my piece.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mwalimu wrote:
Just so you know, I'll be reviewing it and getting back to you today or more likely tomorrow. And I'm finally getting myself back up to do more writing after a few months of mostly downtime. I think I have some interesting things coming in my piece.

Cool, I think you'll like the way things turned out and I'll be interested in your choice on the main option, though either way makes for a clean story (honestly, there was a conscious decision to write so as to minimize the differences). Mike's found a couple things to fix and made a suggestion as to an easier and cleaner way to do something.

Tommy Fox Stone
Post Master

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's good too hear that the story is coming along, I'm looking forward too reading it Cateagle...

Doctor Of PF
CSA.

Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting down to the final lap before going out for final check to the writer's group. I've had lots of help and everyfur who's helped has made it a better story.
Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, the final draft of the story went out to the "Variations" writers group for review and comment.

I'd like to thank Mwalimu for his efforts, despite a lot going on, to coordinate my story with his; it does contribute to the overall tapestry of these stories. I'd also like to take a moment to thank Mike for his editting and inspirations and both Kinsfire and Concolor for very useful reading and commenting on various in-work drafts as I worked through this.

Unless someone finds a major "oops" on my part, this will go to Chris next weekend for posting when he gets the chance.

Cheers,
Cateagle

PS. Mike's posting on the Bookshelf will take place per his schedule and a week after that, I'll put it up on my site, along with a parallel version with one critical difference as an example of the flexibility a writer needs.

Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 5:41 pm    Post subject: A QUICK NOTE Reply with quote

I've already received some feedback that was quite positive. *G* This is encouraging. Everything else remains on track for the final delivery to Chris and Mike. Though, if no changes are needed, they'll have it even sooner.

Now to return to my regularly scheduled efforts on installment 4.4 of From The Wings and a new story that's been in work for roughly a year now. The latter one is something of a distinct departure from my normal genre, but I think it'll be interesting reading. As a change of pace for those, I will also be detailing my Mach Angels story-verse, a sampe of which used to be on this forum. Is there any interest in my re-posting an updated version of this segment to the Writers Guild forum?

Cheers,
Cateagle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> cateagle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: