Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Victoria & Tygon - Chapter 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2002 4:02 pm    Post subject: Victoria & Tygon - Chapter 4 Reply with quote

I am pleased to announce that Chapter 4 of Victoria & Tygon is now posted at the Panthera Residence.

I know it took me very long but in exchange it is a long chapter too Smile

Thanks to my editors Josh and Chris who both did a great and quick job again.

So, I hope you enjoy it. It contains one or two surprises and hopefully a few parts will even make you laugh Smile

Galadrion

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2002 5:32 pm    Post subject: All RIGHT! Reply with quote

I'm on my way to read it now!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Galadrion

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2002 6:59 pm    Post subject: V&T Ch 4 Reply with quote

Oooohhh - I like this one!

Tygon's got some great friends, even though right about now I bet he's wishing one of 'em wa a bit less great. Andrew better be careful, though - Tygon probably won't do anything harmful to him for this, but the PrankWar Board (TM) has moved to DefCon 4 and falling... Seriously, Tygon's not gonna let this kind of manipulation pass, is he? Wink

Incidentally, nice change of pace in the middle there. I'm a little jealous - I've never been in a Shadowrun game that meshed that well. D&D, yes, but somehow, the groups I've been in never quite got into SR the same way.

One thing I'm looking forward to, even though I don't know if it'll happen or not: the (possible) collaboration between Cassandra and Cindy. I don't know how - or if they could become aware of each other's efforts and meet up, but if they do... man, what a team-up! Cassandra, Cindy, and maybe the rest of the Clique working on Victoria's side, Andrew and the rest of the group working on Tygon's... Forget dynamite, this is possible fusion! And certainly confusion...

Wonderfully done, Tygon! Beautiful! Marvelous! I'm hoping not to wait too long for the next one... Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TVDAVE
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2002 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile Mike the Raccoon says this bodes well, and it does , Otay!]

So Tygon is lonely , looks like not for long, since he now has the attentions
of Victoria. so now we have to see how the date at the dance goes, and loved the way how Andrew set it up Wink

Go Tygon Go!!!! woof , woof woof!!!!

Concolor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2002 9:25 am    Post subject: Chapter 4 Reply with quote

OOUUUUUT-STANDING!!!

This is BY FAR the best chapter yet. A few things to note:

a] Is it my imagination, or do I seem to notice that your writing style is more comfortable? The characterizations, the dialogue, the interactions, and the PLOT all flow more easily than in the earlier chapters. Of course, you probably already had the basics for the plot done in your head, but the presentation is ... well ... compelling.

b] Your main character's persona is (to use an overworked and typically misapplied term) evolving. We see some internal conflicts stemming from his profession, and a realization of what he has gotten himself into. Fortunately, he has some good friends to help with this problem.

c] That bit with the RPG in the middle caught me TOTALLY off guard. Until the very end of the sequence I thought it was a separate story line that would merge somewhere down the road, and I was MIGHTILY interested in how you were going to pull that one off. Very nice. But then, my years of involvement with D&D make me highly susceptible to suggestions of that sort. Very Happy I trust no one else was so readily fooled.

Loved it. Very much. I'd say it was worth the wait.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Chris Regan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2002 10:44 am    Post subject: V &T 4 Reply with quote

Tygon I'm glad you put in the part with Sandra and the shower it shows how sensative Tygon the character is. I also find the scene where Andrew and Cassanda are scheming to get the two together is great. It takes good freinds to get in volved in that kind of way.

I do agree with Mike on the quietions about Cindy remembering where she has seen Tygon. But with her boy freind working there too. I think she will have him do some field work for her to find out how he feels about Victoria, be for she says any think to Victoria about where he works.

Chris

Crystal Dragon Raccoon
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Skype Name
Rava

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2002 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yup definately getting better. I think cindy is going to keep her mouth shut. Afterall "shy innocent" Victoria asked Tygon out. Not the other way around Smile

She might start too but I think Victoria will change her mnd with some little comment or maybe even Clarence will when he explains to her what Tygon is like at the studio.
Galadrion

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2002 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not only that; Cindy knows better than most not to prejudge furs in that industry - particularly not in that company. Let's see; she knows or has met Clarence, Sabrina, and Zig Zag. Also her father, but that's a special case. Twisted Evil Good representatives, all.

Because of that, I don't think Cindy is likely to make Tygon's confessions for him. Moreover, I suspect that if Victoria does jump to an unpleasant conclusion, Cindy is likely play advocate for Tygon - if necessary, bringing up the fact that Clarence also works there. (But only if necessary. That comes dangerously close to telling Clarence's tales.)
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: V&T Ch 4 Reply with quote

Galadrion wrote:
Oooohhh - I like this one!

Thanks Smile

Galadrion wrote:
Tygon's got some great friends, even though right about now I bet he's wishing one of 'em wa a bit less great. Andrew better be careful, though - Tygon probably won't do anything harmful to him for this, but the PrankWar Board (TM) has moved to DefCon 4 and falling... Seriously, Tygon's not gonna let this kind of manipulation pass, is he? Wink

In the end he might let it pass. It was for his own good after all. In the mean time however Andrew better shouldn't turn his back on Tygon Wink

Galadrion wrote:
Incidentally, nice change of pace in the middle there. I'm a little jealous - I've never been in a Shadowrun game that meshed that well. D&D, yes, but somehow, the groups I've been in never quite got into SR the same way.

Well, the only reason this game meshed that well was because the only group I ever played SR in consisted of me, myself and my alter ego. Read: I never ever played a single game of Shadowrun Very Happy

Galadrion wrote:
Wonderfully done, Tygon! Beautiful! Marvelous! I'm hoping not to wait too long for the next one... Wink

Thanks for the praising. I'll try to bring the next one out faster.

Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2002 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Chapter 4 Reply with quote

Concolor wrote:
OOUUUUUT-STANDING!!!

*blushes* Thanks Smile

Concolor wrote:
This is BY FAR the best chapter yet.

Man, you better stopbefore I become arrogant Wink

Concolor wrote:
A few things to note:

a] Is it my imagination, or do I seem to notice that your writing style is more comfortable? The characterizations, the dialogue, the interactions, and the PLOT all flow more easily than in the earlier chapters. Of course, you probably already had the basics for the plot done in your head, but the presentation is ... well ... compelling.

Well, I can't really say but it wouldn't be surprising if my writing got a little better. After all, I'm training it for almost 2 years now. I'm still learning how to do it (especially in a for me foregeing language) keeping with it seems to pay of. Thanks good to know.

Concolor wrote:
b] Your main character's persona is (to use an overworked and typically misapplied term) evolving. We see some internal conflicts stemming from his profession, and a realization of what he has gotten himself into. Fortunately, he has some good friends to help with this problem.

Yes, Tygon is indeed fortunate with his friends, even if he at the moment would rather kill Andrew than admitting that.

I wanted to show another side of Tygon with this chapter. It seems like I did Smile

Concolor wrote:
c] That bit with the RPG in the middle caught me TOTALLY off guard. Until the very end of the sequence I thought it was a separate story line that would merge somewhere down the road, and I was MIGHTILY interested in how you were going to pull that one off. Very nice. But then, my years of involvement with D&D make me highly susceptible to suggestions of that sort. Very Happy I trust no one else was so readily fooled.

Heh, then it worked as it was meant to do Smile

And I know of at least one who was fooled by it too Smile

Concolor wrote:
Loved it. Very much. I'd say it was worth the wait.

Thanks again. I really hopethat you won't have to wait that long till the next chapter. I try to get it written, edited and posted before AC but I can't make any promises there.

Kinsfire
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2002 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Add me to the list of those who were fooled. Right up until the line about "Hand me the soda, okay" (Or whatever, but I know you know what I mean), I was wondering how the hell this was going to get tied into the main storyline. I was thinking, "Nice romantic story happening here, and suddenly we've veered into sci-fi! Cool! How's he gonna handle this one?"

Excellent job, Tygon. Excellent.

Galadrion

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2002 5:42 am    Post subject: About the game... Reply with quote

Well, I can't honestly say I was fooled by it... I think it was something like two or three sentences into the scene when you mentioned one of the character's Ares Predator? *Grin* I've been a Shadowrun player since - really - before the first edition went on sale in stores. Demo game in the game shop I frequented at the time. (Sadly, it's gone the way of the passenger pigeon. One person can't support a hobby shop... *sigh*) But if you'd held off on mentioning game-specific info for a bit, you'd have probably suckered me in for a while. Very convincing, m'friend; you do that well.

(And you expressed doubts about your ability with fantasy. *Hrmph* Shadowrun is more fantasy that sci-fi. Any time you choose to tackle the issue, you'll do fine... probably better than fine.)
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: About the game... Reply with quote

Galadrion wrote:
Well, I can't honestly say I was fooled by it... I think it was something like two or three sentences into the scene when you mentioned one of the character's Ares Predator? *Grin* I've been a Shadowrun player since - really - before the first edition went on sale in stores. Demo game in the game shop I frequented at the time. (Sadly, it's gone the way of the passenger pigeon. One person can't support a hobby shop... *sigh*) But if you'd held off on mentioning game-specific info for a bit, you'd have probably suckered me in for a while. Very convincing, m'friend; you do that well.

Ah, yes, the Ares Predator... well, since I saw the pic of it in the SR rulebook (in case you wonder, yes, I own a copy. And 3 scourcebooks even if I never played it and most likely never will) I love this gun. Besides, I fits to the furry theme so I couldn't resist bringing it in.

Galadrion wrote:
(And you expressed doubts about your ability with fantasy. *Hrmph* Shadowrun is more fantasy that sci-fi. Any time you choose to tackle the issue, you'll do fine... probably better than fine.)

Heh, funny because I rather accosiate Shadowrun with sci-fi Smile

Anyway, I'm flattered that you think I'll do fine with fantasy. We shall see. There will a lot fantasy stuff in DBF and probably in V&T too when the online RPG goes on.

caspian

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2002 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: V&T Ch 4 Reply with quote

Tygon wrote:
Galadrion wrote:

Well, the only reason this game meshed that well was because the only group I ever played SR in consisted of me, myself and my alter ego. Read: I never ever played a single game of Shadowrun Very Happy

I have been in One shadow run Group that did work to gether real well my self But most the Shadow rungroups i have played with Chaos reigned supream.

Hop over to the Shadow run Archive at http://archive.dumpshock.com/ and Check out the C.L.U.E Fondation Articales. That is Clue as in some please buy one Smile

But i was great to see the ShadowFur Game in the story Smile

Casp Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> tygon All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: