Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

For Sale...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 5:29 pm    Post subject: For Sale... Reply with quote

Starting next week, I will be selling much of my equipment that I have collected over the years.

Question is, Why dont I just ebay everything away?
Several reasons:

They will not accept my Yahoo Account as my own email address, even though I have had that account since 1992(!!!) and am one of Yahoo's first registered users!

Secondly, a place that does little to nothing to thart hackers from falsifying their their online image, and I keep recieving emails stating "There is something wrong with your account, please send us your account information and passwords" at an average of 3 a day, there is something wrong with that company. They can not use the excuse that they do not know, since its been on the news media and many have complained about it to them. To further the cause, I sent such emails (complete with headers) to their [email protected] address, and guess what? I recieved an automated message saying that "You can not send email here. To make a complaint, request or compliement, you first must log in.... blah, blah, blah..." They can blah blah blah my left...

Third, Ebay takes a certain percentage of your auctions... OK, they have to make money somewhere... But if you look carefully, the same company that owns PayPal is the same company that owns Ebay. So in making a deal on Ebay, and paying with PayPal, they make a double profit from you. Furthermore, Both Ebay and Paypal have their own credit cards, thus making you get one and pay them some more... This is pure evil. (OK, the ebay credit card is difficult to get, but I know a friend who makes a lot of money - almost 1/2 his imcome on ebay, and due to the large amounts of auctions and money transactions he does through Ebay- they sent him a credit card. Dont that beat all?)

I can go on about the evils of Ebay and PayPal, but that would hog up this thread.

The rules are simple:
I post an item, and a fair value. I will take the fair value or best offer given. If I can post a pic with it to show off what it is, I will, along with a fitting description of it, and condiction. Price will include cost of shipping, and whenever possible- batteries will be included whenever possible. Questions of the item can be posted here (Please quote the item in question), but price offerings, please pm me.

But note: I have a lot of stuff to get rid off and a need for money. Including 2 Apple Lisa's that will go for no less then $2000 each.
Some items I have multiples of, and will be listed as X-number of whatiswhoose... $___ each. Buyers can request for 1, some or all of the said items, although it would be better for me to spread them around a bit to others.

Anything else?
Well... It starts on Tuesday, June 1st, 2K4

Good Luck.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything is delayed over here by about a week.
School's preparing to close and I just have the time to post everything up as of yet...

-Sorry.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Experimental First Item Post:

For Sale: Alphasmart Pro Word Processor Laptop.

Excellent for story writers and students...!

History: Schools have been Using these little devices for many years, for kids to type up stories, reports, etc.; transfer the files to a desktop of another Mac/PC laptop and print out the work.

My school threw these unit out a couple of years ago when we upgraded the lab and the laptops. They worked great, but in the veiw of politics of board members and PTA- "They Are Useless and Must Go!"

Hence, I rescued as many as possible. Some I gave to students in need, others to after school programs. Right now I'm down to my last few (one which I wont sell for I use that one along with my other many devices).

Tech Notes:
    Alphasmart Pro is a self contained word processor just slightly larger than your average keyboard.
    It uses an 8bit CPU (6800- I believe) with 128K of RAM.
    2-AA batteries are required. Life Span of batteries- 6 months, though I seen them run for almost 2 years in a couple of cases; it depends on use, but short term- 6 months... thats better than a Palm PDA.
    Built-in Flash-ROM is updateable from their website (http://www.alphasmart.com)
    It connects to a printer via a serial port.
    It connects to your computer via its keyboard port (PC-through PS2 connector / Mac via its ADB connector. sorry- No USB). It sends the files as if it was typing them in for you, and does so really fast. NO SOFTWARE IS REQUIRED! TRUE PLUG AND PLAY!
    The OS is menu driven and accessable from its function keys.
    It has 8 separate internal files from which you can work on and save to.
    It has a tiny 8-line LCD display for you to see your work as you type along.

Its very handy to have, write stories and reports on it while on the run, Very Long Battery Life, and very light weight and durable.

Price: $40 + $5 shipping (obo).
1 per customer, unless otherwise agreeed.

Note:
I dont have powerpacs for them.
I have a 50/50 mixture of keyboard cables (PS2 & Mac), so I might run out of cables... Let me Know what System you use.
If I run out of cables, you can use:
On PC- a dual-male ended PS2 Cable
On Mac- a Standard ADB (Keyboard) Cable.

I dont have a dead tree version of a manual for them, but do have .pdf version. If you want a dead tree of it, let me know and please send $3 for printing it and added weight of mailing it. (its about 30 pages long...)

Email me if you're interested or have other questions; [email protected]

Almost forgot- They are in good - great working condition, despite their many years of service to the past students. a couple may have a few case scratches, but its only cosmetic damage. Guarenteed not to DOA, and New Batteries are included. Money Orders Only.

redcrescent27

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha you're like my mother
i'd be the one standing behind my grandma shouting "throw out those magazines they're all USELess!! useless i say!! and then throwing everything out when she's not looking or leaves for work the next day.

and then she'd come home the next day find all her shit missing.. and march on down to the basement to look throught piles of garbage and rats and cockaroaches (nah we dont have rats.. just roaches) and find all her stuff...haul it back upstairs and bitch for the rest of the evening about chopping off our heads if we ever touch her things again.

er, maybe that was a little exaggerated metaphor. not even a metaphor.. unless i start talking about lighting... mom... thunder... pouring rain...

Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sometimes you worry me, little one. Mr. Green
taspacecampjh

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey dont diss the Alphasmart I used back in highschool and still own and use one... ok so it makes game cheats for sim games a lot easyer so sue me I could get my money up in the multimillions on the old game simfarm with a few minuts of it repeating lines of text with every "send"

I can tell from your discription that is a newer version than mine was... mine had no printer port... Elf if I had the money I would buy that off of you in a heart beat coz my old one kinda got in a fight with me when I was changeing the bios battery and kinda lost

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since no one has given me a price, and they are just sitting here, give me a price, but tack on a $5 shipping fee to it.

I'll clean one up and send it. Just pm me your personal info. I dont think I have a cable for it, but I can build one if you dont have one.

anthony
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you still have the AlphaSmarts?

Any idea what cheapest international shipping to Norway would be?
(I assume USPS is cheapest?)

I just realised that I don't have any of these...

Like my Avatar?
Why not surf over to www.micecomics.com and tell Mary what a stellar job she did...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> elfen All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: