Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

It's walky? No it's over!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Webcomic Portal
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sharc_Vulpus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK if Walky is the Cheese now what they hell if gonna happen to the rest of the strip? Will he revert to normal? Or will he have to go away cause he can't stay with them as the cheese?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its Over!
-The End.

Ok, now that it is off my chest, I can say that it was a rather cheesy ending to the strip. Plus his comment about doing this for 1/4 of his life was uncalled for. He set his goal in ending the strip and that was it. Destroy it for what it was worth and see what that remains goes up in value. Totally uncalled for.

It was a good story until he decided to give up on it at around Feb. '04.

But one gathers his fame and fortune at the beginning if his adult life, not later on. David Willis became "Roomies"/"Its Walky" creator and thats the title he got stuck with. Its like that other artists that gave up on "Class Menagerie", and has been having a difficult time of going else because he is know the his creation of "Class Menagerie." Once you set your bed, you must sleep in it. Their mistake was not to branch off to another direction with their lives, and forever they will be stuck with the tags they were pegged with.

Me: I work, teach, consult, and do the many things in my life as well as write the stories and do the comic strip, all in the same 24 hour day we all share. There is no excuse for me to give it all up because I want to go someplace else. I'll admit that my life will get in the way at time, but that does not stop my work, only slows it down.

I'll blame this on the educational system, because they teach that a person can only do one thing in their lives to be great, only one thing in their lives to use to create a vaible living wage and nothing else can get in the way. I say that is wrong, one can do many great things, and continue to asprire others. But thats me.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps one's spoken too soon?
Very sneaky of David Willis- he only ended the 'Its Walky' story line and is now continuing with Roomies-Redux. The comic and its important characters continue... But how long will that last?

But my complaint still stands Twisted Evil

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
Sharc_Vulpus

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would rather have the continuing adventures of Walky and joyce rather than Roomies redux to be honest with you.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EEvery saturday a new It's walky Strip ... Even though I love its walky I really wish mister Willis would make up his mind about what he is doing.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow how hopeful I was about all this back then. Today my opions on David Willis is this... he is a souless monster who deserves a kick to the groin.

Charging monthly to see the Joyce and Wlaky comic. yes I realise it's a dollar but you only get that one month...that's it you can't go back into the arhives and look at htings you might ahve missed. you just get the month. Although i am told you cna go back and buy previous months. In all the conventions I go to. I am fairly glad that I never have met david Willis. because I would do the rabid fan thing...and hate myself for it.

Lately he has taken up to making fun of newpaper comics... which really leavesme thinking. Who the hell does he think he is? of all teh people in the world he has no right to comment on how people do things with their own comics.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Webcomic Portal All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: