Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Planetfurry needs a Logo!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Contests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whip-lash
Kneel before me... for I am Root!

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 1:42 pm    Post subject: Planetfurry needs a Logo! Reply with quote

What can I do? Planetfurry has been on the net for a little while now, but still it has no logo! Maybe it's due to the lack of my creativity, maybe it's because I think the members should decide what it should look like...

Who knows? Wink

What I do know is that to solve this little problem I've started a contest. Pretty simple. The person (or furson Wink) who designs the best logo wins a prize!

Now you don't have to have artistic skills to join the contest. Heck, I don't have any. Wink I encourage everyone to participate in this, at least to have fun with possible ideas for a logo.

Here are the rules:

1. The artwork must be original. Any likeness to another logo will be disqualified.
  2. It must be in a readable, and importable format. Best formats JPG, GIF, and PNG. If possible, it can be in a vector-style file, like EPS, AI, SVG, PS, etc.
  3. Nothing vulgar or explicit. Even though some sites contain "risque" material, minors still visit this site.
  4. We must be able to contact the winner. So an name and email address, unless you are a member and have that information already in your profile, should be included in the entry. (we will need a mailing address for some prizes, which will only be asked for after the contest)

And here are the prizes! First prize is the choice of a "walk-on" cameo on either "Sabrina Online the Story" or "Tabitha the Story", both by our very own ChrisFoxx! Runner-up is a genuine commission by another favorite on Planetfurry, Maxx! Third place will have their choice of either a t-shirt or coffee mug with the words "My site is at Planetfurry!" printed on it. (this prize will be sent when the items become available)

If you have any questions about the contest, please let me know.

Good luck! The contest begins now, and will end June 30th!
TVDAVE
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Ok now I don't have any art work, but I do have this, the Desert
Fox puts a paw in his pocket to find his two cents, finds nothing but dust.

but here goes!

Planetfurry.com, Where the fur flys wide and deep, pull up a chair and share a tail !!!!!!

Taa Daaa! there it is Laughing

Ryan Fox

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TVDAVE wrote:
Laughing Ok now I don't have any art work, but I do have this, the Desert
Fox puts a paw in his pocket to find his two cents, finds nothing but dust.

but here goes!

Planetfurry.com, Where the fur flys wide and deep, pull up a chair and share a tail !!!!!!

Taa Daaa! there it is Laughing

Well... I could take up that offer. I mean what you said above.
I'm thinking of a warm cozy little place right now at this very moment. You know where... Very Happy And you can only guess what this fox is thinking. Yep! Spot on.
I'm thinking of something in soft water colors, something cartoony, ultimately involving a fur and his computer and a globe as we know it.

I'm on it! Not for what I can gain from it, but for the sake of it and for the furry community right here on our very own PLANETFURRY.COM Smile

---Fox!
Pat The Fox

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 10:40 pm    Post subject: Logo (but no art......yet) Reply with quote

How about:

Planetfurry: More fur than a barrel of cats

PlanetFurry: So much fur your pets will be jealous

Planetfurry: Fun with fur

Planetfurry: A hand full of fur without the pain/mess

Planetfurry: The furriest place on the net

Planetfurry: Where the fur grows wild
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Whip-lash

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2002 10:31 pm    Post subject: The clock is ticking! Reply with quote

C'mon, peoples. June 30th is the deadline for posting your logo contest entries. I know we have a lot of artistic-types on the BBS... Smile Hurry hurry hurry!

As for the slogans, they all are very good. I'll have to run a separate vote on those once the logo contest is done. Thanks for posting them. Smile

I have an entry here that was sent in months ago when I was thinking about the contest. Here it is!

Edited by Whip-lash: The original was very large, so I resized and cleaned the image a little.
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2002 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! That's great!

Okay, I have almost no artistic abilities but I still decided to play a bit with Corel Draw and this is the result.

It's not good or anthing but at least I can say that I participated Smile

Ryan Fox

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2002 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Regan wrote:
Chechu's logo looks good and so does the one from Tygon.

I think for Tygon's logo I might add pointed feline type ears on one of the two. Maybe the small planet rising above the foreground one. Symbolic of the rising fandom.

They say that wild animals are unpredictable. That makes me unpredictable. Rolling Eyes
And foxes are known to surprise even their prey. The picture below was a previous attempt at the PF logo. I don't even know why I came up with this in the first place... Neutral It was probably inspired by some event here on the BBS, an event involving some form of conflict.
The next due later this month... Well...
All I can tell you is that it's gonna be something utterly different... Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2002 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking of putting a paw print as the land on a globe, but i oly have windows paint
Pat The Fox

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2002 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Argh forgot to sign in!

fuzzy?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sithe

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2002 3:18 am    Post subject: teh logo dealie Reply with quote

How about a computer covered in shaggy fur?

"Shag carpet never went out of style, it just didnt get cut"
"Furry enough that the neighbors worry"
"All your fur are belong to us" (hmm.. have a nekkid fox covering self as logo for that one? hehe)
"So furry, we could be the little dog in the fat woman picture" (Missing chihuaha (sp!?) picture that circulated through email hehe.. ok. that was just bad Cool)
"Honey, is that a rug, or is it happy to see me?"
"So furry, theres guaranteed to be a sasquatch or abominable snowman running wild in our ranks.. and no one cares!" (heh..)
"99% more hairballs per click!"
"To lick, or not to lick.. that is the question" (a bit too... risque.. maybe?)
"Furry inside"
"So furry, we make normal people want to shed"
"Have you licked yourself today?" (umm.. risque.. lol)
"Lick a furry, get a cookie!" (im gonna stop now.. getting worse Cool)

EDIT

"The only place you can pick up the cat by the tail and not worry about getting scratched...."

/EDIT

ack, im all quoted out.. thats harder to think of than it looks Cool

Ryan Fox

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only a few days left till the competition closes. And I'm still trying to piece together a suitable design. Mad Talk about cutting it close to the bone. If want to finish this I seriously need to haul tail. This draft is only the centre piece of the Planetfurry logo. I still have to add atmospherics, lighting and other objects. Including the planetary necessary furry textures. Wink
I need ideas, your ideas in order to make this work. Exclamation
TVDAVE
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Nice Ryan, nice
Whip-lash

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 1:25 pm    Post subject: Contest deadline extended! Reply with quote

Due to several requests for more time to get logo projects finished, the Planetfurry Logo Contest deadline has been extended to July 31st.
elMaxx
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just another thing, originally my share of the prize was one commission, and just because i like Planefurry a whole damn lot Smile I'll make it two full color commissions, rock on dudes Smile
Thrax

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unw00t! I haven't got anykind of scanner or homepage, so my art policy is currently zero... Mad And the bad thing is I have an idea for the logo.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Contests All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: