Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

sabrinas dead, noooooooo
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Tabitha the Story
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MMM

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geez, don't blow everything. ><

Its bad for us newer readers who still havent caught up.

I still hafta read all of SOLtS, then I gotta continue reading Tabitha from chapter two, THEN I hafta continue reading ZZtS and ZZ Noir. I know I gotta lot of catchin up to do...

ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MMM wrote:
Geez, don't blow everything. ><

Its bad for us newer readers who still havent caught up.

I still hafta read all of SOLtS, then I gotta continue reading Tabitha from chapter two, THEN I hafta continue reading ZZtS and ZZ Noir. I know I gotta lot of catchin up to do...

Then you best get readin', man, get readin'! Smile

Chris!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MMM

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2002 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Guess what Chris? I did. Took me three days to read through the whole SOLtS section. I was determined to pace it. A limit of 10 chapters a day. I was okay till day 3. Then I couldn't help it. I had to finish the rest.
-But I seem to have a hard time reading Tabitha. I read the first chapter, well, kinda. I remembered that Sab was dead, and closed the site. Still havent gotten the tailbone to start reading it again Confused Keep in mind, I said I read to chapter two before, but this is before I read through SOLtS and got as attatched as I am now to allov em. Suggestions anyone? Like how to convince myself that I need to read it? For some rediculous reason, I can't pull myself to resume reading.
-Still can't belive this. Shes a fictional character who didn't exist. So why is it I'm getting all worked up over this?

caspian

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2002 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also had trouble with Chapter 1 and 6.

I too am praying for tabitha to succeed in her mission.

Caspian

caspian

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2002 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also had trouble with Chapter 1 and 6.

I too am praying for tabitha to succeed in her mission.

Caspian

whiterabbit
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2002 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had much trouble reading chapters 1 and 6, too. I did tear up, and that is something that I never do. Sabrina is just too real to some of us, I suppose.

Back in action!

Anyone who calls themselves normal is either a fascist or a liar.
hikaru
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2002 3:04 pm    Post subject: Oh my god! They killed Sabrina! Reply with quote

Mike Regan wrote:
Well MMM, I have to agree with you there. Sabrina does not and never has existed IRL. So why does her death hit us (myself included) so hard?

It has nothing to do with the character being real or not, it's the fact that you can somehow identify with the character. Over the past few years, we've developed a bond with Sbrina that's no less real than if she lived next door. Indeed, Sabrina IS that "girl next door" that we've all wanted to meet and get to know. Eric's done a wonderful job of taking a simple lindrawing and turning it into a living, breathing entity with a life that goes far beyond just the comic strip.

If you can't identify with the character, then it's hard to have real feelings for them. I read about people dying or getting killed in some way or another every day, but do I feel anything for them? A little pitty for their loved ones maybe, but other than that, not really. Make the story about the person more indepth so that I have something to identify with, and odds are I'll be more emotionally attached to the person. Fail to give me something to idenitfy with and my responce would become "no great loss."

I guess I've rambled on enough about this. Hopefully I got the idea accross.

Cheers
Hikaru

"Coming to you Live and Transcribed..." - TVDave
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MMM

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, Hikaru, It's like me on the middle of a race track. Everything you just said...like a car speedin by. Shocked

Perhaps I'm bit of a simpleton, perhaps I'm closed minded, or maybe it's just that I didn't sleep at all last night and am living offa caffeene (Heck, I cant even spell right), but everything you said...waaay over my head

SkunkFox

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 7:49 am    Post subject: two cents=a quiet thought Reply with quote

whiterabbit wrote:
I had much trouble reading chapters 1 and 6, too. I did tear up, and that is something that I never do. Sabrina is just too real to some of us, I suppose.

It's strange isn't it that we have spent so long watching the comic that we became attached to that one skunk. Even if there are hundreds of other comics out there equally as good, it's just her that we always return to without fail. I know why I like her, as Hikaru said she represents the girl next door. But for others, she's like the friend and companion you always wanted. She doesn't judge people harshly it's not within her nature to do so. Sabrina shows compassion, helpfulness, deceny, and honesty that our world sometimes lacks. Eric should be very proud with what he has created, I know I'm proud of him for making it. Chris himself should be proud as well, he went one step farther by expanding upon Sabrina's emotions, something no other Sabbyverse writer has been able to do in all of the time that she has been online. I'm proud of them both for what they have done, Eric for making the comic we all know and love, and Chris for writting the story that has given us more reason to love it and apreciate it even more.

It would be amazing if she really did exist IRL, you could just imagine how she would react to Eric, and Chris for doing as they have for all this time. Good day my thoughts and wishful dreams go on.

SkunkFox

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
whiterabbit
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Sabby existed IRL, then don't you think we would all probably be furry, too?

Back in action!

hikaru
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whiterabbit wrote:
If Sabby existed IRL, then don't you think we would all probably be furry, too?

With my luck, I'd be bald.

*chuckles*

"Coming to you Live and Transcribed..." - TVDave
MMM

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've gotta admit, being furry in RL would be a dream come true. I myslef would probly be either wolf or tiger, judging from my genetic backround, but who knows?
*Thinks About It*
Actually, it would have it's pro's and con's seeing as how there'd be hair everywhere and we'd hafta do a lotta grooming to keep looking nice...
But a tail would be cool...I've always wanted a tail...

whiterabbit
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Agrees* I'd be in the where do I sign up lot, too. Where do I sign up? ^.^ Anyways, I wouldn't mind the shedding or anything. I'd be, guess what? A bunnywuff! Based on my body type and personality, and that of my parents. My mom would be the bunny, my dad would be the arctic wolf.

Back in action!

SkunkFox

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2002 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well so much for being on topic Wink
I gues I would be myself the semi-insane SkunkFox hybrid of course! Though it would be pretty sweet if I could have a few things corrected first..... Confused

SkunkFox

CrayzedWolf

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read the first 2 Chap of Tabitha.

I had to stop for a while becuase my eyes wont stop watering. Jezus this is a good story. But I really miss Sabrina.

*clap clap* Chris u really out-done yourself.

My Live Journal
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Tabitha the Story All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: