Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PHPBB

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Site Problems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Galadrion

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2002 4:19 pm    Post subject: PHPBB Reply with quote

Erm... Hey, Ricky? Is there some way to make the forums order the topics? The way it's showing up now seems to be somewhat... random. Makes it hard to find anything.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Whip-lash
Kneel before me... for I am Root!

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2002 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: PHPBB Reply with quote

Galadrion wrote:
Erm... Hey, Ricky? Is there some way to make the forums order the topics? The way it's showing up now seems to be somewhat... random. Makes it hard to find anything.

That was because of the import. New topics (and possibly ones that have been replied to since the upgrade) should sort correctly. I'm sorry about that.

Mike Regan wrote:
I would also like to have it take me to the latest post instead of the earliest post and then have to page through to get to the most current. The way the old forum handled it was good.

I'm looking for the option right now. I can't seem to find it though. I'll be checking with the developers.
Ryan Fox

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2002 6:19 pm    Post subject: :RE: PHPBB Reply with quote

Galadrion wrote:

I agree with him. It is a bit of a mix-up.
Crying or Very sad I like the new look and everything else, but navigation is still a problem. Is it possible that the active topics can be displayed on this new BBS? Question Another thing that’s troubling me is the fact that pet names are no long displayed.

Whip-lash

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2002 10:46 pm    Post subject: Re: :RE: PHPBB Reply with quote

foxels wrote:
I agree with him. It is a bit of a mix-up.
Crying or Very sad I like the new look and everything else, but navigation is still a problem. Is it possible that the active topics can be displayed on this new BBS? Question Another thing that's troubling me is the fact that pet names are no long displayed.

A temporary solution to the message sorting problem is that if you go to the bottom of the page of the topic, you should see an option for how to sort the messages. I don't know if this will keep it permanent per user, but I'm searching on how to do this through the default settings.

As for the active topics, you should see three links at the top of the main page:

View posts since last visit
View your posts
View unanswered posts

These should be what you're talking about. If not, please let me know.

Also, the ability to change your username has just been enabled. UBB had an extra field for "Display Name As", while phpBB doesn't. So, when you change your username here, it's an actual change in your username.
Whip-lash

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2002 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to let you guys know I'm still trying to figure out the reverse sorting issue. Every phpBB2 board I've seen has it the way it is now, so I'm not sure if it is possible to reverse it. As soon as I find out, I'll notify everyone here.

And, yes, the graphics will be changed soon. Wink This includes more smilies! Wink
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2002 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Regan wrote:
You might check Maxx's forum a couple of pages back where he posted the pics of Kirin. The graphics over lay several posts so the text cannot be read and the graphic can't be moved out of the way as far as I can see. Is there a fix for this?

That seems to be a Netscape problem. When I'm using NS (4.73) I've got the same problem but not with IE.

Whip-lash

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2002 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Regan wrote:
You might check Maxx's forum a couple of pages back where he posted the pics of Kirin. The graphics over lay several posts so the text cannot be read and the graphic can't be moved out of the way as far as I can see. Is there a fix for this?

I can have either me or Maxx edit that post so it is an attachment, instead of an image link, but this problem, like Tygon noted, is with Netscape 4. Older versions of Netscape have always had problems with tables and CSS tags, which are being used a lot in this phpBB2 template. I don't think there is much I can do to fix it, though.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Site Problems All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: