Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gone Wylde
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 76, 77, 78, 79  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Concolor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello again, Folks. I do apologize for being out of the loop to the extent that I have. It was unavoidable. But the first two curriculum books are "in the can" as my brother likes to say, I have completed the physical description for the artist, and so I had enough leeway in my so-called spare time to get Chapter 68 done. It's in Mike's paws and should post this weekend.

And, no, before you ask, I didn't see this coming. It wasn't in my outline anywhere. We'll just have to see what happens as a result now.

AmigaDragon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope they have enough paper to finish the job.
kcmack

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is nice to get a good suprise for the weekend like this one. Nice chapter! We will have to see how Karls recovery comes as you get a chance to work on this project. Sounds like your project with your brother is going good. Keep up the good work!
mwalimu

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good chapter indeed. It seems like Karl is making good progress, except... I won't say anymore so as not to spoil it for anyone who hasn't read it yet.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Frazikar

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Physically anyway, mentally, that missing time frame is making hash of the history (but keeps coming bask in pieces)...

Karl want to avoid Wendy, but it looks like meeting her may be the only way to reintegrate what he does have (not to mention that she also know a good deal of the missing memories)...

How long that will take is the question...
tobi3B

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can see how Karl is healing. I belief his damaged nerves are regenerating slowly but he will get his memory back or so it seems.

[br]Feed Me![br]Adopted from Valenth
dsquare1111

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Pecan Camari"]
Everyone seems to forget something Wendy can do.
Remember? She has done it before with Debbye and again near the end of chapter 66.
quote]

I agree...I think all she needs to do is stop doubting herself, get close enough to reach in and touch his mind. I'm sure is won't be an instant fix, but she will be able to help him through the trauma as he has helped her in the past.
mwalimu

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dsquare1111 wrote:
I agree...I think all she needs to do is stop doubting herself, get close enough to reach in and touch his mind. I'm sure is won't be an instant fix, but she will be able to help him through the trauma as he has helped her in the past.

It's not entirely clear how much distance is a factor with Wendy's mental augments. She apparently has at least some ability to focus on particular individuals and block out or ignore others from among those who are relatively close, but can she extend her range and touch the minds of those who are further away if she knows where to look? No idea, although I wonder if the dream scene is an example of her unwittingly doing just that. My guess is that despite Karl's adamant refusal, Wendy will at least visit the facility, and whether she is able to see Karl or not, will probably try to reach out for him mentally. Depending on her distance limitations if any and the size/layout of the facility, it's possible she could do that anyway from public areas outside.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
dsquare1111

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mwalimu wrote:
dsquare1111 wrote:

It's not entirely clear how much distance is a factor with Wendy's mental augments. She apparently has at least some ability to focus on particular individuals and block out or ignore others from among those who are relatively close, but can she extend her range and touch the minds of those who are further away if she knows where to look? No idea, although I wonder if the dream scene is an example of her unwittingly doing just that. My guess is that despite Karl's adamant refusal, Wendy will at least visit the facility, and whether she is able to see Karl or not, will probably try to reach out for him mentally. Depending on her distance limitations if any and the size/layout of the facility, it's possible she could do that anyway from public areas outside.

Hope springs eternal...And Like all the other fans, I want to see them reunited. Truth be told they are strong together than they are apart. Wendy just need to remember that.
dsquare1111

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Concolor wrote:
Chapter 68 done.

Chapter 68 was a great cliffhanger for the masses, but the fans are giving up hope for the happy ending. I have spent the last NINE months hoping to find out if that happy ending will ever happen. Every visit to the site has left me disappointed to say the least. Mad

I, like many others, are longing to know either way. If you have no plans to finish what you started, just say so and we all will just have to move on. If you are stuck, reach out to us. I, Like other, will gladly do whatever we/I can to help Wendy find her happy ending. Granted, I am not an aspiring writer, but just a fan looking to help, if I can. Surprised

Just don’t let this touching adventure die a horrible death of a dream unfulfilled. Sad

PLEASE!
AmigaDragon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He hasn't decided to quit the story, he's just busy with a PAYING writing job, causing this hiatus.
Concolor wrote:
GENERAL NEWS

As I suspected, I will be taking a hiatus of unknown duration from Gone Wylde while I work on the Isotopia books. I apologize for this, and ask your forebearance.

I got together with my brother over the weekend, and we hashed out the broad strokes for the first five books. My initial task is a detailed description of those parts of the city devoted to the Carbon Family (Carbon, Silicon, Germanium, Tin, and Lead). Then I need to determine how a heated salt bath would affect various alloys of steel, for the science fair project that will form the nucleus of the plot in the first book.

The final draft is due in to Lerner in six weeks. Then, another final draft will be due every six weeks thereafter until mid-2011.

I will more than likely have some time to work on GW between the various stories, but I don't really know how much at this time. I'll keep you posted.

While I'm also anxious to read more new chapters, I understand the need to place this other project ahead of GW.

Concolor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a bit of a heads-up, folks. The Isotopia gig is winding down, and my next goal is to finish Gone Wylde.

I've begun re-reading the last Act, to get my mind back in the groove, and should begin work on Chapter 69 shortly.

I apologize deeply for the long delay. It hasn't just been the "paying work" getting in the way. Life has been ... complicated, to use one of Wendy's favorite expressions.

But that really isn't an excuse. It isn't fair to the Readers, and it isn't fair to Wendy. I'll see what I can do to fix that.

Shadu

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad to see at least a good story is going to continue. I still check the bookshelf every saturday so i hope to see an update soon!
Concolor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I'm about 6,000 words into the chapter and it's coming along nicely. Should be done with it in another couple of weeks. Just FYI.
Henry Reidel

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am really glad to hear that a chapter is coming soon. This is such a great story. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Dead Threads All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 76, 77, 78, 79  Next
Page 77 of 79

Jump to: