Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gone Wylde
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 77, 78, 79  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shirh Khan
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this is a much more relaxing chapter than the last couple have been, and I for one am glad for it. There is only so long one can exist on the razor edge of anxiety and peranoia, waiting for the other shoe to drop. At some point, the mind will call it quits, whether the body wants to or not. Fortunately, our dear author decided to rachet back the tension, and give us at least one of the things we've been waiting for with baited (sp?) breath.

The Knights of the Pure Stain are no more!! Yay!!

Okay- impromptu celebrating over.
It goest without saying that trouble is still just over the horizon, with the Knights down, but not completely out. And, of course, the very ominous coyote from out west, who is making his way east with the power of the Devil behind him. (Shame on those of you who forgot about that!!) And, of course (again), don't forget about the council of furs who have seen that Karl is obviously *not* dead, and are on the look-out for him.

And Karl has done A Bad Thing, as far as I'm concerned. I've been where Karl is, and until some later point when he finally *does* act upon his intentions, he is going to find himself miserable, very much so, in a bittersweet kind of way. I envy him not, though I do sympathize.

Their lives may be calming down, but I think things are only beginning to get interesting.

-Shirh Khan

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
beau_wolff

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find myself in agreement with Shirh Khan: Karl is ... in some level of difficulty within himself, combining his love for the Lord with his growing fondness for Wendi. I only hope that things come around for him--for both of them--very soon.

I like the chapter. It's exquisitely written, as always, and really gives us an in-depth look at some of the more intriguing furs. I like that - I like that a lot.

Beautifully done, my friend: beautifully done.
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I don't intend to take part in any religious discussion I don't have that much to say about chapter 15-A aside that it indeed is very well written.

Well, it surely is good to see that the Kights are down. Now they just have to deal with the few remaining ones and these could prove some real danger.

Okay, I can't resist one nasty comment regarding religion: This is a nice example how easy it is for religion to destroy a perfectly good relationship.

I'm consideralby more at ease with this the thing that happened at Martin's bed. Just because I'm a atheist it doesn't mean this I thing that there aren't more things between sky and earth than I learned at school and telepathy is one of the things I consider possible.

Oh, and one more thing. Congrats Beau. I see your career will be a successful one Wink

Galadrion

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 7:56 am    Post subject: Erm... Reply with quote

"Knights of the Pure Stain"? While I like that way of refering to them, somehow I doubt they would be amused...

That said, it's far too early to be celebrating. There's more than a dozen of them left, and now they're all in the same place and desperate. Does anyone here recall how many men Castro had with him when he came down out of the hills? And he managed to cause some trouble. Now these... people... are united, they have a cause (vengence), and they have a leader who apparently has a plan... This smells of danger to me.

To make matters worse, the one fur who could single-handedly stop them - likely permanently - is otherwise occupied. Admittedly, his current project is most worthy of his attention, but it does mean that the "Stains" have somewhat more freedom than they otherwise would. I don't like to think what that may mean for the side of the angels...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Concolor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Erm... Reply with quote

Galadrion wrote:
"Knights of the Pure Stain"? While I like that way of refering to them, somehow I doubt they would be amused...

I thought it was excellent! Not sure whether he did it on purpose or not, but it has a very nice ring to it.

Galadrion wrote:
That said, it's far too early to be celebrating. There's more than a dozen of them left, and now they're all in the same place and desperate. Does anyone here recall how many men Castro had with him when he came down out of the hills? And he managed to cause some trouble. Now these... people... are united, they have a cause (vengence), and they have a leader who apparently has a plan... This smells of danger to me.

To make matters worse, the one fur who could single-handedly stop them - likely permanently - is otherwise occupied. Admittedly, his current project is most worthy of his attention, but it does mean that the "Stains" have somewhat more freedom than they otherwise would. I don't like to think what that may mean for the side of the angels...

This comment is most perceptive. To say that Karl will have a lot of things on his mind other than mopping up the few remaining purists is certainly no understatement. However, there are others around with a measure of competence in those 'necessary' areas. We shall just have to wait and see how the chips fall.

But first, there are a few other lines in the plot that need some attention. After all, Capra hasn't exactly been sleeping at the wheel .....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Concolor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beau_wolff wrote:
I find myself in agreement with Shirh Khan: Karl is ... in some level of difficulty within himself, combining his love for the Lord with his growing fondness for Wendi. I only hope that things come around for him--for both of them--very soon.

I like the chapter. It's exquisitely written, as always, and really gives us an in-depth look at some of the more intriguing furs. I like that - I like that a lot.

Beautifully done, my friend: beautifully done.

Thanks for the compliment! Yes, you could say that Karl is a bit conflicted. This will provide some grist for future chapters (big surprise there). I won't comment on a time frame for them, except to say that you may find the next two chapters extremely intriguing as regards their relationship.

Was that evil? I can't tell. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Concolor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shirh Khan wrote:

Well, this is a much more relaxing chapter than the last couple have been, and I for one am glad for it. There is only so long one can exist on the razor edge of anxiety and peranoia, waiting for the other shoe to drop. At some point, the mind will call it quits, whether the body wants to or not. Fortunately, our dear author decided to rachet back the tension, and give us at least one of the things we've been waiting for with baited (sp?) breath.

The Knights of the Pure Stain are no more!! Yay!!

Okay- impromptu celebrating over.

Hmmm. Well, from one perspective that is true. The official organization has been dismantled. But I trust that no one believes the mindset that spawned them has disappeared. Just kick over a rock and see what scurries away to the shadows.......

Shirh Khan wrote:

It goest without saying that trouble is still just over the horizon, with the Knights down, but not completely out. And, of course, the very ominous coyote from out west, who is making his way east with the power of the Devil behind him. (Shame on those of you who forgot about that!!) And, of course (again), don't forget about the council of furs who have seen that Karl is obviously *not* dead, and are on the look-out for him.

Again, hmmm. That would be ... hang on while I look it up ... chapters 16, 19, and 21 according to the synopsis. But we'll have to wait and see what the characters have to say about that. They mucked up my timetable before. Wink

Shirh Khan wrote:

And Karl has done A Bad Thing, as far as I'm concerned. I've been where Karl is, and until some later point when he finally *does* act upon his intentions, he is going to find himself miserable, very much so, in a bittersweet kind of way. I envy him not, though I do sympathize.

Their lives may be calming down, but I think things are only beginning to get interesting.

-Shirh Khan

Miserable, huh? Well, up to this point, he just thinks he's been miserable. He's about to get a dose of the dreaded 'too-little-too-late' syndrome. A little more interesting than he's ready for, as you will see.
beau_wolff

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tygon wrote:
Oh, and one more thing. Congrats Beau. I see your career will be a successful one Wink

*chuckle* Thank you, Tygon: thank you very much.

And Concolor, thanks for letting me know that Beau's career does well: let's just hope he can do for the young lady what he's going to do for ... well, let's just hope, eh?
Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beau_wolff wrote:
And Concolor, thanks for letting me know that Beau's career does well: let's just hope he can do for the young lady what he's going to do for ... well, let's just hope, eh?

Heh, let me be a bit of a tease here; as the Evanses will testify, what he'll do, at the appropriate point in their story, for Debbye. This should not come as a complete surprise to anyone who's seen the hints in Concolor's story.

Cheers all,
Cateagle

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Concolor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2002 10:55 pm    Post subject: Chapter 15B Reply with quote

And so, after a RIDICULOUSLY long haitus, the next chapter in the saga is posted.

My abject apologies for taking so long to get it finished. I shall do what I may to see that it doesn't happen again.

Thank you all for your patience. I hope it was worth it.

caspian

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2002 11:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Gone Wylde Reply with quote

Kinsfire wrote:
I'm finally taking the time to read this rather excellent story, and I almost hurt myself laughing a minute ago, when I came across Chapter 4's reference to the wardrobe. Gee, I wonder why she'd get nervous? [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Nicely done!

(I think I was the first to catch Rava's reference in her Chapter 1...but I think I'm the only male I know who read those books...)

Some how i do not think so Kinsfire Smile

Caspian of Narnia Signing off Smile

Galadrion

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2002 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...And decidedly worth the wait! (Though, having said that, I'm also impatient for more! Dilemmas, dilemmas...)

Martin's near-miraculous recovery... heh. There must have been a lot of behind-the-scenes convincing for Karl to get that doctor to go along with him. It's a long, long way from ready to perform radical surgery upon Karl with a rusty chainsaw to utter convert. I was halfway convinced Karl had overstepped the bounds of the recoverable with that stunt.

Urf... Wendy and Karl have a long road ahead of them. Why do I get the feeling that a considerable detour just got added to the route? Still, whatever will be, will be - I'm not 100% sure that Karl is who Wendy will wind up with... though I suspect he'll be an important part of her life for some time to come yet.

And I'm glad to see the return of yet another character from other tales of the Sabrinaverse. Cheetaur's still roaming around, up to her normal activities. **Chuckle** That was one heck of a bombshell to drop into the middle of Wendy's life... I've got to wonder, though, how Wendy and Marr are going to realize that they both know Sabrina... or did that actually happen? I seem to recall a dream sequence somewhere in there...

Let me repeat: great chapter, well worth the wait! But please, Concolor, if it's possible, could we have the next one a little sooner? (Now where'd I put that "cute & winsome" expression? I know I've got it around here somewhere...)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
caspian

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2002 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Concolor,

Chapter 15B was Cool. I was very happy to read it. once again you have done an excelent Job.

I felt sorry for Karl, Happy for Red, and sorta confused and fustraited for Wendy. I for see more heart ache for her between Karl and Conner. Karl and Conner are both fine furs in my book and they too will be torn up over part of this.

What will Wendy's Feral fox friend think of Conner's feral Wolf friend? and visavera? Will it endl the posible romance? or make it tighter?

Now, on to Martin I am not sure why, but that he made a miraculous recovery, I dont care. Martins mother,Samantha,Dare,Flossie, Alice the one and only Captain Chaos, Cinnamon, Emily, Pastor Grey and his wife, Ellen Lee Evans, Debbye Evans, Conner, Sabrina, Chris,Karl and Wendy all hold my attention an intrest more. I am not sure why though Martin is a good up standing fur, good in a fight, a nice guy and Concolor has gone out of his way to make him personable and flesh him out. I guess to me, Martin is missing some spark the others seem to have and i do not know why.

Great story Concolor hope to read the next one soon.Very Happy

Caspian

Concolor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2002 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspian wrote:
Concolor,

What will Wendy's Feral fox friend think of Conner's feral Wolf friend? and visavera? Will it endl the posible romance? or make it tighter?

Caspian

One could be led to wonder, couldn't one?

Twisted Evil

caspian

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2002 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interlude #3

All i have to say is Poor desk Smile

Casp

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Dead Threads All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 77, 78, 79  Next
Page 4 of 79

Jump to: