Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gone Wylde
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Concolor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes! That's what I keep trying to do, but they all gang up on me and hijack the plot!

I think Wendy's about to 'break bad' as they say in the South. There are only five more chapters to write, and a LOT has to happen between now and then.

Benleopard

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whats the old saying's...'The way to hell is paved with good intentions'... also 'One must reach the bottom before they reach the top.'

tobi3B

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think what Wendy has to do is step back and look from a different perspective on the situation. At least she has the truth now.

[br]Feed Me![br]Adopted from Valenth
mwalimu

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The big question this chapter left me with is what becomes of the renewed relationship between Wendy and Ellen once Karl comes back around. He doesn't strike me as the sort to be amenable to open or polyamorous relationships.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Benleopard

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But that is the problem, Karl has put her into that kind of situation where she is in dire need of comfort and a companion. Ellen has been there for her tough times that Karl and Raj has put her in.

DHLawrence

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Karl's defence, he didn't really 'put her in' this situation. If his mind were still in full operating condition, he'd want to be where Ellen is now. It's not his idea.
anthony
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found some news on the net that might interest Karl, Wendy, and chili-heads in general...

India is using World's strongest Chili in weapon

The bhut jolokia chili, which measures a massive 1.000.000 Scoville units, is to be the 'active ingredient' in hand grenades...

Taste explosion, anyone?

Like my Avatar?
Why not surf over to www.micecomics.com and tell Mary what a stellar job she did...
Pecan Camari

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion, she should go, because while Wendy might not have something to prove the marriage bit specifically, she does have something to prove those months in general happened: her Augments. Karl can't displace those as having been there before, and he can't say it's Phoebe, because wasn't it already said that some of them Phoebe didn't have?

As for the grenade... are you sure Karl himself didn't come up with that? Wink

Concolor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anthony wrote:
Found some news on the net that might interest Karl, Wendy, and chili-heads in general...

India is using World's strongest Chili in weapon

The bhut jolokia chili, which measures a massive 1.000.000 Scoville units, is to be the 'active ingredient' in hand grenades...

Taste explosion, anyone?

I have a bottle of King Jolokia that was a present from my brother. It is SIGNIFICANTLY hotter than either Dave's Insanity Special Reserve or Cape Fear's Charred Remains sauce. One good dash on a bowl of chili (or, as I did last night, in a mug of hot V8 juice) will have you sweating by the third bite/sip. Vicious stuff. If they powder the peppers and make an anti-personnel device from it, I wouldn't want to be in the same ZIP code when it goes off.

Concolor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GENERAL NEWS

As I suspected, I will be taking a hiatus of unknown duration from Gone Wylde while I work on the Isotopia books. I apologize for this, and ask your forebearance.

I got together with my brother over the weekend, and we hashed out the broad strokes for the first five books. My initial task is a detailed description of those parts of the city devoted to the Carbon Family (Carbon, Silicon, Germanium, Tin, and Lead). Then I need to determine how a heated salt bath would affect various alloys of steel, for the science fair project that will form the nucleus of the plot in the first book.

The final draft is due in to Lerner in six weeks. Then, another final draft will be due every six weeks thereafter until mid-2011.

I will more than likely have some time to work on GW between the various stories, but I don't really know how much at this time. I'll keep you posted.

Frazikar

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmm, that might work, but applying it to Karl is going to be a major problem, (under the current circumstances, the proper motivation seems lacking as well)...
anthony
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh...

How good is she at sensing a specific fur's emotions from a distance?
(Didn't she do that in order to locate Karl during the rescue?)

A hospital like the one Karl is in now must be part of a larger base.
It's difficult to hide such a big base, so in theory, she should only need to find likely candidates, park outside and wait until the herbal concoction wears off...

Like my Avatar?
Why not surf over to www.micecomics.com and tell Mary what a stellar job she did...
Pecan Camari

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't seem that an herb like that would instantly wear off. It's effects would most likely start getting weaker and weaker. So, maybe approach him just when it's starting to wear off? If the feeling telepathy goes both ways, then having him only partially in the herbal state would mean he'd be calm enough to know how she truely feels, but not so out of it that he wouldn't know what Wendy was saying.
Concolor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Regan wrote:
My thought is that she would try to 'replace' the missing memories.
He would not need to be awake for that, more like sleep learning.

But take a look at the last part of chapter 67. The dam is about to break. Wendy will not go much longer before she WILL do something. You can see the emotional stress building.

This brings up something else. If this does happen I don't think she will be in any mood to go slow. I think she will drop all her shields for full contact with Karl. If her replacing the memories triggers memories of the torture for Karl; Wendy may just get nailed with the full impact of what he went through and experience it herself via the connection. One of the first things she learned was to always have at least partial shields up and this time it would be fully open, no limits, no buffering.

Sounds like a recipe for a major OUCHIE to me. Also sounds like something she'd do, being the headstrong sort she is. I'll have to find out.

dsquare1111

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]How good is she at sensing a specific fur's emotions from a distance?
(Didn't she do that in order to locate Karl during the rescue?)[quote]

There is another point to consider...Her connection to the wild foxes...they have no concept of distance or time. They sense that Wendy & Karl need one another and don't understand why she hasn't gone to him by now. They have the ability to help her find him as well. But will they, if Wendy thinks clearly enough to ask for their help.

What has not come to light is why they connected with her to begin with. What importance does she hold to them? What impact could it hold her and Karl?

My speculation is she is connected to the natural world and Karl is a creature of technology. Kind of like ying & yang, thus being the incarnation of balance for the world around them as well as each other.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Dead Threads All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79  Next
Page 76 of 79

Jump to: