Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

From the Depths...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44, 45  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AmigaDragon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is perhaps off the latest topic thread, but I've noticed (not only in this story) that most furs, even the non-carnivores (like rabbits and squirrels), are enjoying meat in their diets.

Not a complaint, just an observation (hey, even Sue, www.doemain.com , likes meat, though she is a hybrid Wink ).

Aramis Dagaz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Such conventions such as diets of normally real-world herbivores, carnivores, and omnivores are entirely up to the writer. That's the best answer I can give. Some authors like to devel deep into the concept of furry societies whereas others don't worry too much about the sciences and focus on the story and characters.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Shirh Khan
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*smirk*
Well, as far as the diets of the various furs goes, I try not to focus too much on their eating habits. Largely, I try to keep the herbivores from eating too much meat, though you might be surprised at how much 'non-plant' material some furs classified as herbivores actually eat- grubs, worms and the like aren't exactly greenery; rabbits for example will turn to meat if they have little or no other source of food to eat.

I'll admit, occassionally, I'll throw convention to the wind, and let some 'classic' herbivore eat meat (like 'Chip' with his lunch, not too many chapters ago), but I also try to keep things rather conventional, too (like Toni's vegetarian lasagna in chapter 46a2).

So I'm ecclectic. *shrug*

And Mr. Dagaz?
I'm glad that some folks actually delve into the story- you were very correct with regards to Carmen's state of mind and her level of experience in your post. And I thank you for your praise; I do like hearing it every now and again.

AmigaDragon:
Actually, I've 'forgotten' about how to activate my PF site, and considering what bits of the FTP process that I care to remember, it requires a bit too much of my time, at the front-end of the site administration process, for me to want to do anything about at the moment. I will eventually get around to it, but in the meantime, my main site is the Geocities site. You can go there for all of the latest info and story chapters.
And, if you want to avoid the character bios when you read the PDF files on the Bookshelf, you can go directly to my site; the bios are on a separate page altogether than the chapter links.

If anyone has any other questions or comments, feel free to make them known; I love chatting about this stuff!

-Shirh Khan

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
AmigaDragon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I finally finished through chapter 47, and read interlude 4 somewhere between 42 and 46 (appears to be a bit non-specific timewise). What is the proper point (if any) to read this interlude? I suppose between 40 and 41, since I now see that's where it's positioned in the chapters page.
I noticed on the bookshelf, act/book 4 includes through 46 but on your site book 4 ends with chapter 40. Also, on the main story page (not individual chapters page), I don't even see the interludes listed. This isn't a problem, as I got all (except ch 47) at the bookshelf.

BTW, I noticed (using Mozilla Firefox) that the individual chapters have a quite small (I should say tiny) font for the majority of the text, while the 'books' have acceptable font size. Again, not a problem, as I can increase the displayed text size on demand in Firefox.

And Mike, I noticed slightly different naming convention between the various files (acts 1-4 and interlude 1-4). Yet again, no problem, but something I noticed. Wink

AmigaDragon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, yes, in the bookshelf it says where each Perspective belongs and the interludes are placed after each 'act' (and I see you included chapters 41-46 in 'act' 4, whether they're actually part of it or not). But on Shirh's site, I didn't see the interludes on the main (books) story page (are they somewhere in the 'books'?), just in the individual chapters page.

EDIT
BTW Shirh, Will you be explaining (or at least hinting) how Dr. Khan could consume so much alcohol at the bar (however full the quart bottle was--you didn't say), and yet maintain such mental and physical control as to beat several Purists in an unfair fight? He's not somehow enhanced like Karl (in Gone Wylde), is he?

Shirh Khan
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AmigaDragon wrote:
Mike, yes, in the bookshelf it says where each Perspective belongs and the interludes are placed after each 'act' (and I see you included chapters 41-46 in 'act' 4, whether they're actually part of it or not). But on Shirh's site, I didn't see the interludes on the main (books) story page (are they somewhere in the 'books'?), just in the individual chapters page.

AmigaDragon:
Honestly speaking, the "books" as they stand aren't properly set- I intend to go back at some point, and re-"book" the chapters. The interludes, actually aren't time-set-- and they're purposefull not time-set. They happen 'outside' of the story, and while they're related, and connected, they're not actually vital to the story itself. The only one which is even vaguely time-stamped is the second one- and there might be another which will give some vague inferrences to time- but the rest are supposed to be just what they say they are- 'interludes'. You don't have to read them inbetween the "books"- they're only there as a 'resting stop', something different for you to read while you're taking a breather from the main story.

AmigaDragon wrote:

BTW Shirh, Will you be explaining (or at least hinting) how Dr. Khan could consume so much alcohol at the bar (however full the quart bottle was--you didn't say), and yet maintain such mental and physical control as to beat several Purists in an unfair fight? He's not somehow enhanced like Karl (in Gone Wylde), is he?

Oh, how do I answer this question?!? Twisted Evil
Well, first off, let me say that the bottle was full.
Twisted Evil And I can honestly say that he's not enhanced like Karl. Twisted Evil
For an answer, you'll have to ask me directly, AD.

-Shirh Khan

Shirh Khan
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:01 pm    Post subject: The Next Chapter.... Reply with quote

Hola, mi amigos!!

Just wanted to say, basically, that chapter 48 is now posted!
Hope you enjoy, and don't forget to come back and comment!!

-Shirh Khan

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice reading but not much spectacular action.
Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree but evry chapter can't be dripping with action and chaos. It was a nice slice of life chapter, though I kept expecting the situation with John, Becka and the Knights to get ugly. Good chapter SK hope to see more soon.

Shirh Khan
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 4:24 pm    Post subject: Regarding "Spectacular Action".... Reply with quote

Well-- and you'll forgive me that it took more than a month for me to make this post, I hope; I'm in the process of going back to school, so I can finish my Psychology degree.

But, as I was saying...
Well, not every chapter can be rife with drama, knife-fights, bombs, and the surprise birth of a child in the elevator, while J.R. gets shot-- yet again-- and dies-- yet again. *smirk*

Sometimes you have to see what's going on in the calm before the storm, so that you might understand its origins. And yes, this is the calm before the storm, I will admit to that.

If by chance you want to speculate on what design that storm might take, I'm willing to reveal some tidbits of information to a select few-- first come, first served!!

-Shirh Khan

Shirh Khan
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 4:26 pm    Post subject: More News.... Reply with quote

Just to let you know, I've been working with Ami, to hear some things she's been thinking about. So, without further ado, I bring to you, 'Perspective: Amillia'!!

No, it's not fast paced action and excitement, but it does-- as all the Perspectives are meant to do-- reveal a bit of her inner thoughts, as well as some of her outward displays of those thoughts. Don't fret- the action will be picking up soon! In the mean time, enjoy!

-Shirh Khan

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice read. And I always enjoy those crossovers.

My only nag is that the chapter stops just when it gets interesting. Confused

And no, I'm not interested to read what exactly happens between them (assuming something does), but how Ami brings up the matter.
"Hello, sweetheart, I have a problem. I'm so horny I can't sleep, would you care to help me?" or a little more subtle...

Shirh Khan
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 2:48 pm    Post subject: A lil....Anxious Reply with quote

True...

But she's horny for Dr. Khan....
...right? Twisted Evil

Shadu

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm Shir... wht happened to yur page? this week i'm confronted with way too many dead links pls redirect me to the correct one if there is one, if not what happened?
AmigaDragon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you talking about his PF site or Geocities? If you mean PF, he hasn't done it yet, go to the "Sticky: Shirh Khan's site" thread to find the Geocities site link.

If you meant the Geocities site, maybe they were just having server problems. It's there now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> shirh khan All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 43 of 45

Jump to: