Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

From the Depths...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kelly McAllen

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has taken me a long time in getting around to reading this newest chapter and it is a wounderfully thought out end to a emotional arc. We all knew that sooner or later he had to start healing and I for one am very glad he has. Time will tell how fast he is able to heal, and weather he is able to bring others into his life, if he can trust himself to start loveing them as much as he has loved in the past. I truly hope he does find an intrest in one of the other players in this story. It would be nice if he took an intrest in a certen skunk femme. There discovery of each other would put a pleasent light in this next arc.

Love the story Khan and looking forward to the next chapter.
Kelly McAllen

SkunkFox

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehehe and here I thought I was a demonically cruel writer. Good job Shirh, looking forward to the next one.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Shirh Khan
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:47 am    Post subject: Next!! Reply with quote

Well, folks, what few of you who still read my story, I want you to know that chapter 47 is now in the hands of my editors- Mike is pre-reading it now, and he'll begin editing it soon- then it'll be on to Evan, and I should be ready to post by the weekend, barring problems with either of my esteemed colleagues.

It's been said, but it needs to be said again:
Thank you.

Thank you, Mike and Evan, for having helped me get this far, and for being patient and not abandoning me while I wasn't writing.

Thank you, those of you who still read, for not giving up on me while I suffered through the worst writer's block I've ever had to date, and being willing to wait for my return.

Thank you, one and all.
You help me make my story what it is.

So, keep an eye out- the next chapter should post very soon!!

-Shirh Khan

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Shadu

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a good story is always worth the wait. just keep going no matter how many bumps you have to overcome or how long it takes i really want to see this story to the end (hopefully many chapters more before that comes but well...) Very Happy
Aramis Dagaz

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It certainly has been awhile since I last read any of this story, and now I'm reminded why I'm so drawn to it. This was a very powerful chapter. There's no way someone could read it completely and not feel the sadness, grief, fear, and love in there.

Great work, Shirh Khan. You have some serious talent in evoking emotional responses from your readers. I'm glad that you've finally broken through that writer's block!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Shirh Khan
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:10 pm    Post subject: The Return of the Edit! Reply with quote

I have received my edits from my editors, and I will post the next chapter in just a few hours.

Now, I could have posted this chapter a few weeks ago, but I actually prefer to wait to get my edits, and then post- I'm not fond of re-editing my posts once they're up. So, now that they're back....

Hope you folks find the chapter worth the wait!

-Shirh Khan

Edit:

The chapter has been posted!
Please read, and give your thoughts.

Pat The Fox

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to have you back, enjoyed the chapter. I noticed some font errors on chaz's seaking parts.

fuzzy?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AmigaDragon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just downloaded all from Raccoon's bookshelf. I checked the act 4 file and only see up to 46C, not 47. (Wow, 1/4 of act 1 is charater bios!!)
Before I start actually reading, is the prequel finished or still in progress? Do you suggest I read that first or last?

Shirh Khan
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 3:08 am    Post subject: The Prequel Reply with quote

*smirk*
I wouldn't recommend reading the prequel- which has been finished for a couple of years now- until after you'd read at least the first ten chapters of the story.

And our beloved Raccoon doesn't have chapter 47 up on his site yet- he'll likely have it up in the next 12 hours, but for now, it's only found on my site.

-Shirh Khan

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see you back with a new chapter.

Things are finally looking up for Khan (and Simon as well).
The scene with Carmen was somehow weird. I've seen stranger reasons for not getting involved with someone, but not many.

And a big feeling of "Deja vue" on the scene with Chaz. Wink

Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Dr. Khan & Simon are heading down the road to recovery together eh? I had a feeling that might happen. Great chapter SK glad to see you back.

Shirh Khan
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nameless wrote:

The scene with Carmen was somehow weird. I've seen stranger reasons for not getting involved with someone, but not many.

Hmm.... Confused
Well, it made sense to me, when Carmen explained it to me; Khan loved his wife enough to carry her memory for all this time- who's to say that he'd be able to love her with that same intensity? It's not like he'd just turn off that love like a light switch- how could she expect him to feel for her, as she does for him? Or, conversely, how would she, of little experience with love, be able to handle him if he somehow *did* love her as strongly as he'd loved his wife? How would she know how to handle that?
Well, that's more or less what Carmen expressed to me.

-Shirh Khan

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, to me it sounded like "I can't love you because you'll love me too much." Confused
AmigaDragon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:01 am    Post subject: Re: The Prequel Reply with quote

Shirh Khan wrote:
And our beloved Raccoon doesn't have chapter 47 up on his site yet- he'll likely have it up in the next 12 hours, but for now, it's only found on my site.

Your site? When I click on your (planetfurry) page link in the forum index, all I get is a generic placeholder page. If you have another site somewhere else, maybe you could pur a redirect (or just link to forward) on the PF site.
I still don't see 47 in the bookshelf (though I'm only up to chapter 27 so far).

I'm noticing that each act has cast bios taking most of the first 26 pages, rather than just the first act.

Aramis Dagaz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nameless wrote:
Well, to me it sounded like "I can't love you because you'll love me too much." Confused

If I may quote OBA:
Quote:
“I think that’s the thing that scares me most,” she replied softly, her voice almost a whisper again. “You. I don’t know if I can live up to the kind of love you’ve had, if I can handle what I think you have inside of you to give. It scares me, the idea that I could feel so connected with someone, that I could be bonded so deeply with someone, that I lose myself in them, that I am so lost without them. I don’t know if I can do that. Is that okay? Is it alright that I’m so afraid, that I feel so scared of being in love with you?”

Quote:
“Yeah,” he answered instead, “It’s okay. It’s alright to be afraid. You just can’t let your fears consume you.”

She nodded, standing up now, and moving in front of him. “I think I need to step back, and think a bit more,” she commented, partly to herself, it seemed, but also to him. “I won’t say that I don’t love you…Elijah, but I think I need to see if this is for me.”

Quote:
Carmen sighed, thinking wistfully of him, hugging her arms to herself in remembrance of the feel of him against her. Whoever managed to catch his attention, she knew, would be unleashing a tiger.

Okay, from what I got reading these three passages, it's not a matter of being loved too much, it's that Carmen is inexperienced and therefore understandably insecure. First, she doesn't know if she can live up to the sort of love that Elijah had with his wife. Second, being inexperienced and never having such a relationship before (correct me if I'm wrong SK, but Carmen has never seriously dated or been in love before), making such a jump is downright frightening (I should know, and I think we all know). She's not used to be so deeply connected with someone or being in such a passionate relationship. And, as we all know, Elijah is very, very passionate.

Finally, her rational mind is making enough of an appearance to say "whoa, slow down. Do you know what you'll be getting yourself into?" Elijah may be the sexiest male alive to about half the female staff in his clinic (how many admirers now, at least five? At least three have expressed a desire to sleep with him), but not every girl wants a lord of the jungle, regardless of how desirable as such a male might be. Carmen is not sure what she wants at this point. She fears that she might end up like a small cub in front of a full-grown tiger who lives on the thrill of the hunt. Probably not a good match, even if they are nice enough furs. So Carmen wants to make sure what she wants before she takes the plunge. If she wants a hot-blooded jungle cat, she knows where to look or what to look for. If not, well, there's plenty of fish in the sea and she has friends to help her bring in the net.

Hope this answers you question, Nameless.

By the way, Shirh Khan, great character development. I wouldn't have been able to say this much on Carmen without it. Keep up the great work!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> shirh khan All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 42 of 45

Jump to: