Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

From the Depths...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 43, 44, 45  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xaqtly wrote:
If I ever grow up, I want to be able to write like you do.

Smile Seconded. Very Happy

Not that I ever want to grow up... Twisted Evil Laughing Wink

Hutch

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is goin' to get real interesting...

Hutch

Visit my Deviantart!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, this was not something from this chapter...

But I'm wondering if Amari & Sylvia are waiting on Khan to get back into gear or if they will pass him on and move on to the next male on their list. (And who that could be)...

Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh maybe Beau now there's a situation that will cause some laughs. SK as I expected great chapter, you can really push the envelope a few of those scenes were pretty steamy love your work buddy.

Shirh Khan
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 1:37 am    Post subject: Chapter 45 Reply with quote

Hello All!

It is my priviledge and my pleasure to proclaim that the problem child of prose that my chapter 45 has been, is now prepared, proofread, primed and finally, posted. At any particular point you may peruse the product of my presumed penchant towards publicly praised (though much likely more privately prideful) passages of passion, so long as you remember to portray your ponderings on the PlanetFurry Forum.

Thank you.

-Shirh Khan

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised Shocked Ohhh. That first scene was a good read. Embarassed

A good hot lunch, just what the doctor ordered. (Or was that the nurse?) Twisted Evil
Sad I only wish I could get some quality sexual harrasment like that where I work. Sad

The other things that happened were not so good. That scene with the femme from the church did not play out well.
But I wonder why Beka did not tell her that the Clinic does not perform abotrions. From the scene back when the question came up, it seemed as if that was a pretty clear policy that they could (and would) tell anyone. Did Khan not cominucate this policy to his staff or has Khan changed his mind on this issue.

Smile At least the question of Amari's plans for Khan was cleared up.

Another death that he feels responsible for. Mad

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just can't stop thinking about this when I read that first scene:
http://npc.keenspace.com/d/20030615.html

Shirh Khan
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 12:17 pm    Post subject: Confrontations Reply with quote

Nameless wrote:

But I wonder why Beka did not tell her that the Clinic does not perform abotrions. From the scene back when the question came up, it seemed as if that was a pretty clear policy that they could (and would) tell anyone.

This is true. However, if you try to gather how the situation was going down from Beka's point of view, you can see that she was becoming suspicious of the other femme's questioning, or at least she was following her instincts that said that something wasn't quite right. She was hesitant in answering, in part because she didn't want to incur any legal trouble-- especially when you think that it's only been about 2-3 weeks since they've had to mention this to anyone- and then, *that* fur died; what if the questioning femme was somehow connected with an attorney for the young femme's parents?-- and she was also hesitant because she didn't want to say anything that could be used against the clinic.
Then of course, there is the additional need for doctor-patient confidentiality. She's not a doctor, but if she were to blab about what procedures and services that the clinic performs for its patients, that *could* run the risk of eventually compromising that confidentiality. As the director, it is her job to look out not only for the patients, but for the clinic as well.

But Mike is right. Now the mouse femme is armed with what she believes is damning information. We'll just have to see how this plays out, won't we? Smile

-Shirh Khan

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, the situation was difficult. But just because of it, I think that an answer of "We don't gernerally perform abortions." (or soemthing like that) would not have impinged on any patient's confidentiality without lying or letting herself open to any legal action.

But she did not know who the femme asking the questions was (the way the readers do). She would probably have reacted differently if she had.

I'm still wondering why she talked about such things in public in the entrance hall and did not take the mouse to her office and talk to her there.

Shirh Khan
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 8:55 pm    Post subject: Confidentiality Reply with quote

Well, Beka didn't take the mouse into her office for a couple of reasons:
1) The other femme didn't seem as though she needed to speak privately with her;
2) She didn't consider the fact that the mouse femme would ask any questions that would be best answered in private.
And you're right- a general answer would have been well within her ability to give; but she seemed to catch the confrontational stance of the mouse from her earlier questions, and she was less inclined to answer the femme after that; that is, for some, "human" nature.
The way Beka answered isn't indicative of who she is, though, but more of how she happened to respond to that particular situation at that particular moment. Sometimes we don't all respond to an event the way we might in hindsight imagine we should have. Nevertheless, the 'damage' has been done... or is that begun? Twisted Evil

-Shirh Khan

Wolf Starchaser

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am once again in awe of your talents, Shirh.

Quote:
Chain Reaction (n.)

1. A series of events in which each induces or influences the next.

2. Physics. A multistage nuclear reaction, especially a self-sustaining series of fissions in which the release of neutrons from the splitting of one atom leads to the splitting of others.

3. Chemistry. A series of reactions in which one product of a reacting set is a reactant in the following set.

(Thanks to Dictionary.com)

Ladies, Gentlemen, and Diverse Others, all Hell is now out for Noon. You have until the next chapter to reach Minimum Safe Distance. Twisted Evil

Last edited by Wolf Starchaser on Sun Nov 30, 2003 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wolf Starchaser

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Hey!! Reply with quote

Shirh Khan wrote:
Q'plah!

Batlth DaqawIu'taH.

BortaS bIr jabIu'DI'reH QaQqu'ney.

:robot:

Pat The Fox

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arooo?

fuzzy?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Wolf Starchaser

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just testing the Geek Factor of the forum. Cool

EDIT: 02Dec 2320hrs:

It would appear that I have, with my linguistic legerdermain, killed the thread. *sigh* I hate it when that happens.

Phrase #1: "You will be remembered with Honor."
Phrase #2: "Vengeance is a dish that is best served cold."

We now return you to you regularly scheduled forum. Mad-mas:

Shadu

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HA! Razz why is it that evrey time i look for something to ad in a discusion on a forum i find it finished? well nottin i can do bout it so here i'll just ask this for all those authors i like so much(and luckly are mostle gathered in the pf forum) have u noticed how in this months(from just before june to right now) the muse system seems to have crashed? im having a hard time finding new chapters in over 24 online novels. now i know life intervines sometimes but i still find it interesting how it seems to have happened to all the good writers i like so much Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> shirh khan All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 37 of 45

Jump to: