Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

From the Depths...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 43, 44, 45  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shirh Khan
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2002 6:37 pm    Post subject: From the Depths... Reply with quote

Well, I suppose the last chapter's lackluster response was payback for me not getting back to the various authors of my favorite stories,and letting them know how much I await each chapter they write.

Nonetheless, Chapter 17 of "From the Depths to the Heights" has been posted. Let me know what you think.

Also, if anyone has any thoughts on a storyline they want to see explored, thoughts on the direction the story should go, any other comments, etc., let me know. Who knows? I *may* actually change the story if the ideas or comments sound good enough! (*grin* Not likely, but anything is possible!)

-Shirh Khan

[ February 15, 2002: Message edited by: Shirh Khan ]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
beau_wolff

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2002 8:03 pm    Post subject: From the Depths... Reply with quote

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Shirh Khan:
[QB]Nonetheless, Chapter 17 of "From the Depths to the Heights" has been posted. Let me know what you think.

Well, now that it's bringing in some characters with depth, I might start reading it.

Seriously, it's an excellent chapter, and a wonderfully rich tapestry of a story. I'm looking forward (you cliff-hanging naughty kitty) to finding out what happens to our flying femme.

And now with the potential job issues that may well be explored with John and 'Beka, the issues with Amari and Janet, how Khan and Izzy are going to act around one another ... you've piqued my curiousity, good sir.

Good story, good chapter, good writing.

Keep it up.
J.B. Mallard Esq.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2002 9:55 pm    Post subject: From the Depths... Reply with quote

Nice start on working Beau Wolff into the story. But yea you are cliff hanging us on poor Sheila's fate.

I'm still reading faithfully, keep up the good work!
Kelly McAllen

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2002 10:19 am    Post subject: From the Depths... Reply with quote

Oh my god, so she is still falling from the sky??? This is more then a cliff hanger, this is more teasing then I can stand. Now I need to wait for a whole two weeks to find out what happens to her. That is if our storry weaver is willing to devalge that information.

Agreat chapter. Sitting on the edge waiting for the next.
Shirh Khan
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2002 9:10 am    Post subject: From the Depths... Reply with quote

Chapter 18 has been posted. Some question get answered, and some questions get raised- if you look hard enough *grin*

And, once you've finished reading, I have a poll for you....

-Shirh Khan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
beau_wolff

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2002 9:08 pm    Post subject: From the Depths... Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Shirh Khan:
And, once you've finished reading, I have a poll for you....

I'm finished reading! I like it! Glee!

Okay, where's the poll?
Galadrion

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2002 9:58 pm    Post subject: From the Depths... Reply with quote

Hrm. Apparently, the boards ate my reply this morning. However, nothing major lost - condensed down, it reads pretty much like Beau's posting.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Shirh Khan
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2002 11:14 am    Post subject: From the Depths... Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mike Regan:
I am curious about Carmen's reaction the martial arts. Something going on there.

A hint: it has absolutely nothing to do with martial arts

-Shirh Khan

P.S. Thank you, Beau and Galadrion- you two are my most faithful readers, and I don't often thank my readers for doing what I most want them to do. So, to you two, go the first round of thanks.
Concolor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2002 3:13 pm    Post subject: From the Depths... Reply with quote

Most Excellent Khan --

The week from hell is not over yet, but I did manage to squish in time to read 18 just now. And let me say, as ever: wow. Glad I did.

No, I can't say as how Carmen's reaction surprised me at all. She doesn't trust herself to come into physical contact with the good doctor. The meltdown factor, dontcha know.

Not sure what to make of Lupe, though. She seems conflicted, to use a hackneyed buzzword.

So, on with the poll! When and where? I'm down with that.

----------

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Galadrion

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2002 6:52 pm    Post subject: From the Depths... Reply with quote

"Conflicted"? A good word, if somewhat overused by those who don't know how. A category, I hasten to add, that you don't fall into, Mr. McInnes.

As for Lupe, I think her biggest problem is a combination of two lesser ones: (1) she doesn't know herself, and (2) she's afraid to let herself. A bad combo. I think if she ever lets go of her self-image and just goes with what she actually wants, she'll discover things she never suspected. *Ahem* Probably things her friends never suspected, too.

By the way, Sir Khan, I note you have another Intermission scheduled. I'm both somewhat eager and equally somewhat apprehensive: your last one was some incredibly powerful writing, but it dealt with some... disturbing themes. I'm almost afraid of what will be unleashed this time...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Shirh Khan
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2002 7:38 pm    Post subject: From the Depths... Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Galadrion:
By the way, Sir Khan, I note you have another Intermission scheduled. I'm both somewhat eager and equally somewhat apprehensive: your last one was some incredibly powerful writing, but it dealt with some... disturbing themes. I'm almost afraid of what will be unleashed this time...

Fear not, dear readers- this intermission won't be nearly as dark and dreary as the last- it will still be unsettling, but in a small way. Think of this Intermission as being a mosquito bite, where the last one was a pirannah (sp?) attack.

I'll get to the "Poll" in my next post...

-Shirh Khan
Galadrion

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2002 1:04 pm    Post subject: From the Depths... Reply with quote

Erhm... While I'll agree the last one was dark, I can't quite go along with "dreary." That carries connotations of "dull" or "boring", which the material decidedly wasn't. Disturbing, yes; engaging, emphatically; dull, no. Not when it pulled me in so thoroughly despite the material. It still holds a perverse fascination for me; even now I'm fighting the urge to go back and reread the thing. And before anyone encourages me to give in and do it, that's deliberate; my workweek starts tomorrow and I don't want to have to deal with the fallout when I must be around people. I'm already morbidly certain I'll read it after I'm done with work, which is why I'm making preparations now...

(By the way, Sir Khan, that's a testement to how powerful your writing is: there are very few pieces which can pull me back in against my will. You possess a dangerously powerful bardic gift.)

[ March 03, 2002: Message edited by: Galadrion ]
Pflarrian

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2002 3:00 pm    Post subject: From the Depths... Reply with quote

I must agree most emphatically with that last statement. My sincere apologies for having to wait until today to do this - I actually read chapter 18 the day it was posted, but had a desire to contemplate the contents for a period of time first.

I must agree with everything that has been said, so far, but there are definitely a few things in the story that have not been said.

*sigh* Carmen probably knows what is best for her, and she certainly seems much happier here than in the previous chapters, doesn't she? But I think she needs to learn to relax a bit better. (or maybe not, now that I think on it...)

I am curious to see what transpires betwixt Dr's Khan and Wolfe. A business... um... crud, I can't think of the word... um, enterprise, cooperation, combination, um, crud, there's a word I want to use, but I can't remember what it is. Oh, well. They should get along rather well together, I suspect. Either way, I have (vague) hopes that Dr. Khan will also relax a bit. I have mentioned this before, but he comes across as being married to his work. That's fine and dandy for most furs, but he doesn't seem to have a life outside of work, and that's not healthy for anyone over a long period of time. Perhaps if he strikes up a (possibly professional) friendship with Dr Wolfe he will begin to relax, mm? Other types of relationships with other furs may follow, but right now, I think he just needs a friend he can confide in.

[ March 04, 2002: Message edited by: Pflarrian ]
beau_wolff

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2002 3:53 pm    Post subject: From the Depths... Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Pflarrian:
I am curious to see what transpires betwixt Dr's Khan and Wolfe. A business... um... crud, I can't think of the word... um, enterprise, cooperation, combination, um, crud, there's a word I want to use, but I can't remember what it is.

Partnership?
Galadrion

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2002 5:18 pm    Post subject: From the Depths... Reply with quote

Probably not. "Partnership" implies a bit more of a connection than appears warranted here; perhaps "association" comes closer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> shirh khan All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 4 of 45

Jump to: