Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

From the Depths...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 43, 44, 45  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shirh Khan
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 5:00 pm    Post subject: Chapter 39 Reply with quote

Well, lo and behold, it is here!!
(Well, almost...)

I've finished the chapter-- finally!!!-- and I've just gotten back the edits. If all is well, I should post before midnight EST tonight (03/02/03).

Let's just say that a number of the plotlines I've been working on converge here. I hope you'll like it when you read it.

See you soon!

-Shirh Khan

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Shirh Khan
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 10:34 pm    Post subject: Chapter 39- Again Reply with quote

The chapter has been posted!! Enjoy!!

(P.S.- I'm experiencing some html coding discrepencies, but they only affect the title and copyright information- the body text of the story is unaffected.)

-Shirh Khan

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Fishburne
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOOOH!!!

Man I love what you are planning for Dr. Reese

and whats up with Mikka????

Khan is NOT going to be a happy camper...

I am wondering if the Arrest was planned...

Kickin chapter!

Pat The Fox

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I could I would have snarled upon reading the section with Dr. Reese. That man is guiltless and need to be taught a good lesson, although he seems to be getting in over his head with the Knights. This situation is definately going to hurt everyone. It seems no aspect of the people's lives around Dr. Kahn will be untouched when this thing happens. These purists cause me great amounts of anger, I think I'd personally knock some heads if I knew of these people and witnessed these acts.

I'm glad that the church group is taking things cautiously. Maybe if they do decide to investigate the clinic they will find most of the rumours about them to be just that, rumours. Also they are doing everything nice and legal, leaving lots of time for things to cool off and truths to be told.

Tni's situation with Dr. Khan has gotten very interesting. If I had to put my money on who is going to get Khan to spill the beans on why he won't date it's going to be her. She's persistant and gets right to the point. She makes Khan think and so far has caused him to expose more feeling than usual.

All in all a great chapter, well worth the wait. Keep up the good work.

fuzzy?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's up with Mikka? Confused Either she is really depressed and fatalic, but it sounds more like she has some terminal illness. Sad

Now, what a bunch of Christians! I'm not really sure if they are going to do some more fact-finding if the clinic is really performing abortions before they act. Evil or Very Mad
Start the bonfires first and pray for the souls afterwards. Evil or Very Mad

Really funny coincidence with the police officer. I don't really see how someone could have arranged for the arrest. Mad Maybe it was providence?

Dr. Reese is getting in over his head. And he is lying about Dr. Khan. I don't know if Ami has told him about the child yet, or if he just noticed that she was pregnant when he saw her.

Shirh Khan
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nameless wrote:
What's up with Mikka? Confused Either she is really depressed and fatalic, but it sounds more like she has some terminal illness. Sad

You'll find out the answer to this non-question in the next chapter- so stay tuned!!!

Nameless wrote:

Dr. Reese is getting in over his head. And he is lying about Dr. Khan. I don't know if Ami has told him about the child yet, or if he just noticed that she was pregnant when he saw her.

Reese is lying, basically- he has no idea that Ami really is pregnant. But he will learn, and he'll learn at a moment just before he's forced to face up to his actions w/ regard to her....

That's all for now!

-Shirh Khan

Concolor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I promised Khan I wouldn't pull out the soapbox in my e-mail to him (and almost managed not to do it Laughing ). But I didn't say anything about the forum. So, as one of the resident Christians .....

[soapbox]
The thing that sickens me so very often about situations like this is that when someone presents himself as a "Christian", the rest of society basically has no choice but to accept his claim at face value! Mad He might be (and occasionally is) the very spawn of hell, but since there is no 'litmus test' that can be run on the one making the claim, most people will simply take his word for it. This creates huge problems for the few real Christians who are trying their best to do the Lord's work.

I ran into this exact scenario when we moved to North Carolina. The church we joined turned out, upon examination, to be the lesser of several evils, and frankly we got out of the area as soon as we could. After some consideration, I think that the pastor and his wife, and one of the deacons, and two elderly ladies in the congregation, comprised the entire population of Christians in that church of over a hundred members. The backbiting, bickering, infighting, gossip, and assorted mayhem was more than I could believe! Deacons' meetings felt more like a gathering of the Dons, and the youth group was eventually discovered to be doing drugs. And that was the best of the bunch!! Talk about an area that was spiritually dead!

Most of the other churches in the region were of a single 'denomination', which I will leave publicly anonymous to protect the very few who might conceivably be innocent. The average congregation size was around twenty, rarely more than twice that, and I don't know of a single church in that town that wasn't the product of a vicious feud that had split an earlier congregation. It was truly pathetic. Each group thought that they had the only true light of the Gospel. It was downright Gnostic. They were insular, suspicious, and bigoted, had little actual knowledge of the Scriptures that were supposed to be their guiding Light, and what's more, they didn't care. And yet .....

And yet they considered themselves to be fine, upstanding Christians. I'd never heard such convoluted rationalizations in my life as I heard from one of my coworkers at Bosch Power Tools, a man who was the pastor of one of those tiny churches. He defended the societally-ingrained bigotry with near-fanatical fervor, even claiming that it might be considered a sin -- a sin! -- to try to evangelize the black population. He was of the opinion that he wouldn't be seeing any blacks in Heaven.

I was of the opinion that he wouldn't be seeing Heaven at all.

But I digress.

Given the situation at Ms. Daniels' church, I had expressed my displeasure that the committee, or whatever it was that was debating the Life Clinic, had not even bothered to pray about their decision prior to finalizing plans. This shows me that the moderator himself may be on very shaky ground, spiritually.

PLEASE NOTE: One of the marks of a true Christian is that he realizes his fallible nature, and humbly -- HUMBLY -- submits to the authority of Scripture and the leading of the Holy Spirit!

How can the Holy Spirit lead you if you DON'T TALK TO HIM?!?!? Even God can't steer a ship that isn't moving!!

A Christian (a real one, not the fake ones) will always pray before making such a decision. Frequently over a period of days! This is a major action being taken by this church, that will have a far-reaching effect on the community, one way or the other.

Heck, they aren't even following the Biblical prescription: First one delegate would go to the Clinic to find out if the situation is truly as Ms. Daniels had represented it. IF IT WAS, then that one delegate should try to convince the owner to stop providing abortions. If that attempt was not successful, then two or three should return for a second (private) visit and try again to persuade the owner of his error. If that doesn't work, only then should other means be employed, and again, the one that should be used first, last, and during is PRAYER. No endeavor of this type (and this is basically spiritual warfare) can truly please God unless it is completely bathed in prayer!

All of which just proves to me that there is something spiritually wrong in that church. They might look good, they might be doing nice things in the community, and they might be popular with their neighbors. But the same may be said of the Chamber of Commerce. Without the leading and approval of the Lord Himself (which they OBVIOUSLY do not have!!!!!) undertaking this kind of spirit battle can only lead to disaster.

Believe me, disaster is what I'm expecting from their efforts.
[/soapbox]

Now. Reese. This guy strikes me more and more as a total waste of perfectly good fur. He has no backbone to speak of, and if he can't get what he wants through finagling, he resorts to sabotage. I predict that he will deeply regret his actions, but it will be too late for a lot of furs by then.

But I'll tell you what's REALLY scary: The Knights have a well-embedded organization, highly-placed operatives, and what seem to me to be very deep pockets. They may not have the entire police force suborned to their cause, but I'll bet they have enough of them that they can keep the disinterested observers away from the action until it's too late to do any good. Shocked

"Squall a-comin', Cap'n!"
"I see it, lad! Have 'em strike the sails and secure the riggin'. This'n aint' gonna be any fun!"
"Aye, sir!"

whiterabbit
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As always, a good chapter Shirh. These Kniggits are really irritating me, it seems like no matter where EK turns, there is another one. I look forward to the next chapter.

Back in action!

Anyone who calls themselves normal is either a fascist or a liar.
Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outstanding chapter I enjoyed reading it although our boy is headed for load trouble, I mean it's like half the furs in Columbus, Ohio got up and decided to play rousing game of "Kick the Khan" Shocked *ducks and dodges as everything but the kitchen sink is thrown at him* EK is having a lot of emotional tonnage heaped on top of him and his tenuous hold on his behavior is already starting to slip. I have to agree Toni seems to have the inside track on getting inside Khan's shields but who ever gets him to spill his guts is going to have a mighty big mess to clean up Mr. Green
*dives to the ground to avoid a very large kitchen sink*

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Concolor wrote:
Well, I promised Khan I wouldn't pull out the soapbox in my e-mail to him (and almost managed not to do it Laughing ). But I didn't say anything about the forum. So, as one of the resident Christians .....

[soapbox]
[/soapbox]

Rolling Eyes Well, All this reminds me so much of "Small Gods"... Confused

Concolor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nameless wrote:
Rolling Eyes Well, All this reminds me so much of "Small Gods"... Confused

Confused Ya got me there. Is that a book or a movie or a philosophy class?

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question Exclamation Question
Given your literary preferences, I would have thought you'd know that... Rolling Eyes Wink

Idea Terry Pratchett ...

Concolor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nameless wrote:
Question Exclamation Question
Given your literary preferences, I would have thought you'd know that... Rolling Eyes Wink

Idea Terry Pratchett ...

I see. Embarassed

Oy! Sad to say, I have not read all of Mr. Pratchett's inimitable works. This is, yes, a glaring lack in my cultural foundation, and one which I am trying to correct. It's a slow process, though. Rolling Eyes

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it is mainly about religion.

Without giving away too much:

Most of the action takes place in a Theocracy, devoted to the great God Om. There are thousands of priests devoted to him, in a huge hierarchy, there is an inquisition, hundreds of commandments ....
But there is only a single person in the whole country who really believes in this God...
All the other clerics just go through the motions, do the rituals and are busy backstabbing each other to rise in the hierarchy.

Concolor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confused

That sounds to me like the bulk of organized religions down through the ages.

True believers have always been a small remnant, although a charismatic leader will usually be able to gain a large following. Frequently, though, the followers don't know what they are following. Rolling Eyes Not really.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> shirh khan All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 27 of 45

Jump to: