Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

From the Depths...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 43, 44, 45  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Galadrion

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2001 10:36 pm    Post subject: From the Depths... Reply with quote

*blink, blink... blink*

Three... three chapters? At once? I know I'm not asleep (I'm at work, and my imagination's not good enough to come up with my co-workers' antics), so what's going on? My cold medication isn't supposed to cause hallucinations...

Ooo-kay. I'll take this at face value. Provisionally. Three chapters at once. (Breath deeply. Don't hyperventilate. Don't pass out - you never know what they'll do if you're unconcious.)

Must check back. See if this happens. Three...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Galadrion

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2001 11:34 am    Post subject: From the Depths... Reply with quote

Three chapters on the 4th. *shakes head* Thank goodness I've already got Chapter 2 to the proofreaders - if I had to rewrite around this kind of reading, I'd have to push the release back a week. You've got a cruel streak in you, Shirh Khan.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2001 4:27 pm    Post subject: From the Depths... Reply with quote

Heh, at least he's being "gentle" on his editors and running the chapters by us one at a time; for which I'm thankful.

Seriously, it's great stuff!

Regards,
Cateagle
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Shirh Khan
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2002 7:40 pm    Post subject: From the Depths... Reply with quote

Hooray, it's here!! It's finally here!!!
The chapters are here!! Yay!

Okay, so I'm a little nuts. You'd be too, if you sat around in the home all day, watching the snow build up around the home, unable to go anywhere. So, bored as I am, I've posted the last three chapters of the story, a whole SIX HOURS EARLY!!

The Chapters Notice at the top doesn't reflect this, but the chapters are here. Read, enjoy, and post your speculations!!

-Shirh Khan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Galadrion

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2002 7:45 pm    Post subject: From the Depths... Reply with quote

Not only three chapters at once, but ahead of schedule! How does he do it? *shakes head*

My impressions: interesting work, Sir Tiger. There are certainly a large number of personal dynamics developing here. So many that I'm beginning to wonder how you keep track of them all...

Oh my. Poor Dr. Elijah. Tawny sure had him on the ropes, there. Indeed, he's having more than his share of difficulties with the femmes, neh? From Amari's initial hostility (which, fortunately, appears to have dissipated - I like her), through the crushes various members of the staff are displaying, to this potential mess with Tawny. And he's probably going to have to deal with a bruised concience on top of that.

And you managed to surprise me. I had figured Doc Elijah for the fur with the past involving the Knights, not DC. (One-track thinking, I guess. I'll try not to fall into that trap again!) But, unless I miss my guess, if and when they show up in the main story, several people at the clinic will become involved. That could become very intense...
Shirh Khan
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2002 2:40 pm    Post subject: From the Depths... Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Galadrion:
Not only three chapters at once, but ahead of schedule! How does he do it? *shakes head*

Well, as far as "ahead of schedule" is concerned, it's actually "way behind- the last two chapters couldn't be posted on time due to the home computer HD taking its last spin, and to a drastic decrease in non-home computer time. So that left me plenty of time to write out chapter 14 longhand- a mistake I won't do again! - so that I could post it and have it edited once I'd gotten back from Xmas vacation.

....Poor Dr. Elijah. ...He's having more than his share of difficulties with the femmes, neh? From Amari's initial hostility (which, fortunately, appears to have dissipated - I like her), through the crushes various members of the staff are displaying, to this potential mess with Tawny.

Let me just say that you've only seen the tip of the proverbial iceburg- there is still more to come!

...I had figured Doc Elijah for the fur with the past involving the Knights, not DC. But, unless I miss my guess, if and when they show up in the main story, several people at the clinic will become involved....

Hate groups like that don't just target "non-homogeneous" folks, ya know- neither did the Nazis only pick on Jews. And, don't count Khan out just yet- we haven't gotten into his issues regarding the Purists, just yet. There was a hint in a previous chapter that implies that Khan is somewhat familar with them. And, as far as your guess is concerned, it is a good one, that's all I'll say...

-Shirh Khan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Pflarrian

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2002 3:40 pm    Post subject: From the Depths... Reply with quote

Poor Dr. Elijah, indeed! Tawny's been... um... turned off, for lack of a better term, but that still leaves, what, two, maybe three furs 'chasing his tail'?

It's nice to see the inner workings of what goes on in a doctor's office from this angle. Most people don't get to see this side of things.

...Oh, and as a side note, if Dr. Khan wants to claim he is married, he's technically not lying. Seems to me like he's become 'married to his work,' as it were, joke NOT intended. He certainly seems intent on getting as involved with this new venture as he possibly can, doesn't he?
Kelly McAllen

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2002 2:50 pm    Post subject: From the Depths... Reply with quote

Isn't it always that way, a new doctor comes to town and he hardly gets his shingle out before he is fending of the woman with a stick .

What a great way to come back from the holidays. You open the door, turn one the computer and there you find a belated gift, three wonderful chapters to read befor bed.

Good work on the 3rd of the three. I like how it takes a shot of time with some of the charicters as we move through the day.

Keep it up, looking foward to the next chapter.
Shirh Khan
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2002 1:25 pm    Post subject: From the Depths... Reply with quote

Well, Chapter 15 is ready for reading. I can't say that it compares to Rava's chapter 25, but I'd still think that it's well worth readng.

Read, and tell me your favorite parts! Your speculations on what will happen next! I crave your attention!

And to Mr. McAllen- you should talk to me at your earliest convenience, regarding a request you made of me a while ago....it's been approved...

-Shirh Khan
Kelly McAllen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2002 10:43 am    Post subject: From the Depths... Reply with quote

How are you this fine week. I sent you a email yesterday but I'm not sure if it went through or not. Glad to here I was approved. If you have any questions email me and I will do my best to answer them.

Till later
Pflarrian

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2002 2:43 pm    Post subject: From the Depths... Reply with quote

A most interesting chapter. It would appear, as mentioned before, that Dr. Khan may have his hands full with... well, everything. However, as he seems to use work as a form of stress relief, that's not a problem for him.

I must admit, though, that he seems to have a few minor um... oh, crud, what's the word again? *sigh* We'll use 'mental-physical reactions,' for now. Esp. in regards to certain patterns.

I can also see now where the Martial Arts training would come in handy in his line of work. We shall wait to see what happens next.
Shirh Khan
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2002 2:27 am    Post subject: From the Depths... Reply with quote

The blare of trumpets sounds....

"Hear ye! Hear ye! Know all that the esteemed Chapter 16 of the engaging fiction "From the Depths to the Heights" has arrived, and been posted in its usual place.
Attend ye to this new chapter, and make haste with thy musings!"

-shirh Khan
beau_wolff

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2002 11:15 pm    Post subject: From the Depths... Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Shirh Khan:
"... Attend ye to this new chapter, and make haste with thy musings!"

Hmmm ... my musings, eh?

Light, fruity, effervescent, with a crisp bite that goes well with fruit or cheese. A delicate bouquet that blends notes of cherry blossom and sweet mallow, yet does not overpower the whole.

All in all, quite the fine accompaniment to the already heady balance of your story.

~ Beau
Pflarrian

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2002 5:13 pm    Post subject: From the Depths... Reply with quote

Oh yes, indeed it is so. The assistance rendered serves to bring an almost heartening flavor to the pleasant text-ure.

(Sorry - too good of a line to resist. The chapter's wonderful. Don't want to say too much and spoil it for others.)
Kelly McAllen

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2002 10:42 am    Post subject: From the Depths... Reply with quote

Another chapter and another joy to read. Like this one as much as all of them. Just wounder at the peral of our air born friend.

Keep it up
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> shirh khan All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 3 of 45

Jump to: