Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chapter 47.....
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Identity Crisis
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hikaru
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 12:31 am    Post subject: Chapter 47..... Reply with quote

Ahead of schedule and over budget!

Get it while it's hot hot hot!

"Coming to you Live and Transcribed..." - TVDave
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
taspacecampjh

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea Buddy WOOOWOOO WOOO
now that im done with the climax I will read the story

Love the storys Hikaru

Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW!! Arden can't do or see magic anymore but what about the pact between him and Lakash why is he breaking the rules after all the trouble he went through to get Arden to agree to take on the quest in the first place. I expected Sheila not to be ready for marriage but I had half expected her to tell him that she had said no because she didn't feel worthy of his love since she was forced to acknowledge the times she had betrayed his trust.

Aramis Dagaz

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa, it was touch and go there for a moment between Sheila and Arden. (Taking us for another ride on the Heartstring Roller Coaster, Hikaru? Wink ) Great chapter, I can't wait to see how this story resolves itself!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
hikaru
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Styx wrote:
WOW!! Arden can't do or see magic anymore but what about the pact between him and Lakash why is he breaking the rules after all the trouble he went through to get Arden to agree to take on the quest in the first place.

Actually, Lakash said that he wasn't going to give Arden access to the power again unless it would forward the quest. He's blocked him otherwise.

Styx wrote:
I expected Sheila not to be ready for marriage but I had half expected her to tell him that she had said no because she didn't feel worthy of his love since she was forced to acknowledge the times she had betrayed his trust.

That may or may not come up later. We'll have to see. ^_^

Cheers

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AH! So Arden will only be able to use magic to complete the quest and nothing else?

hikaru
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Styx wrote:
AH! So Arden will only be able to use magic to complete the quest and nothing else?

That's the only time Lakash will give him the magic. One side effect of the attack Lakash did to disable him in the cave was that it damaged his ability to access normal magic, thus putting Arden on a MUCH shorter leash.

However, as Arden did say, he's got some fun toys.

Cheers

Wolf-Cat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must say, Identity Crisis either gives a whole new meaning, or is a perfect example of "Becareful what you wish for, you just may get it!"

In Arden's case he unfortunately got a little extra.
Xaqtly

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm all excited now. Smile These have been a wonderful two chapters, I was getting really frustrated at Sheila and Arden's constant fighting and backstabbing. That just means you've been doing your job though Hikaru Very Happy The payoff in the last 2 chapters has been worth it. It's obviously not resolved yet but big strides have been made.

And now Arden with no magical ability... hmm. Only when Lakash feels that it's going to help him complete his quest? I can see some possibilities there for sure. Arden's a pretty smart bear. Er, dragon. And he does have some toys, that trick he pulled on Hecate was pretty cool.

I don't know how you keep doing it, but keep doing it. Very nicely done.

hikaru
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xaqtly wrote:
Well I'm all excited now. Smile These have been a wonderful two chapters, I was getting really frustrated at Sheila and Arden's constant fighting and backstabbing. That just means you've been doing your job though Hikaru Very Happy The payoff in the last 2 chapters has been worth it. It's obviously not resolved yet but big strides have been made.

*nods* I went to great lenghts to NOT have them resolve things until now, which was difficult to do considering how in the back of my mind I knew they'd eventually settle down. The trick is to now NOT screw up on anything before the end game.

Xaqtly wrote:
And now Arden with no magical ability... hmm. Only when Lakash feels that it's going to help him complete his quest? I can see some possibilities there for sure. Arden's a pretty smart bear. Er, dragon. And he does have some toys, that trick he pulled on Hecate was pretty cool.

*nods* I hinted at the abilities of the toys back in Act II, but never really showed off anything except the tanto on a regular basis. The toys will come into heavy use in the end game.

Xaqtly wrote:
I don't know how you keep doing it, but keep doing it. Very nicely done.

Practice 500K words of storytelling and I'm just NOW really getting to the point where I feel proud of what I'm writing. I'm actually happy with the last few chapters which is a big change for me and I think it shows in the writing.

3 more chapters to go for the big ending... Hold your breaths because it's going to be one HECK of a roller coaster ride!

(If you must puke, do it OUT the car, please.... Smile )

Luxo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phew, what a relief. I thought it was going to end like the classical 'Bruce Willis' movie, with a kiss and everything going well, but seems like there's still some rocks in the path of our hero. Not that I don't like happy endings, but I don't like happy endings sweetened at the point of giving the reader/viewer diabetes.
*thumbs up*
hikaru
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luxo wrote:
Phew, what a relief. I thought it was going to end like the classical 'Bruce Willis' movie, with a kiss and everything going well, but seems like there's still some rocks in the path of our hero. Not that I don't like happy endings, but I don't like happy endings sweetened at the point of giving the reader/viewer diabetes.
*thumbs up*

Even in a good Bruce Willis movie (5th Element is my favorite) there are ALWAYS rocks right up to the very end, though the endings are almost sappy.

I can promise you that the ending to Act III will NOT be sucrose sweet enough to thrown you into a daibettic coma. In fact, I think it's safe to say that the ending probably won't match what anyone thinks will happen.

Anybody want to take a stab at the ending?

taspacecampjh

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Stabs at ending*

I know its here somewhere

Dam Hikaru you got me all riled up for the story even more after our last chat...
But don't worry I got Miss Bessy Cromine protecting it...
She can guard it better than I

hmm ending... *licks behind his ear* No clue

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hikaru wrote:
I can promise you that the ending to Act III will NOT be sucrose sweet enough to thrown you into a daibettic coma. In fact, I think it's safe to say that the ending probably won't match what anyone thinks will happen.

Here goes:

Arden completes the quest, and his totem, Nanuck if that's her name cuz I fergot, disappears in a flash of soapsuds that gets sucked down the drain only to be spat out onto a leech field on Love Canal where she instantly mutates into a powerful Republican who can now legislate Lakesh's power out form under him if she can get past Phil I Buster. Meanwhile, unbenownst to the readers, the author, and God Himself, the quest is attached to a string that snakes through spacetime an comes out tied to Lakesh's shoelace, which unties, causing him to trip and fall through the sock portal in the dryer he was unloading. Deprived of access to Lakesh's power, Adrden get's mushed into oblivion only to discover oblivion is really a shoebox with a tv set in it tuned permanently to the Cartoon channel. After watching a bunch of Powerpuff reruns, Adren gives Dr Utonium a call and the good doctor builds a machine that can transmute Arden into his beverage bottle of choice which allows him to return to reality because there's a return deposit on him that the now befuzzled Lakesh needs badly since he lost his power and is now unemployed. Thus Lakesh pulls Arden from the ether, crams him into one of those bottle return machines at the supermarket which are really transmogrifiers and arden get's spat out as a shiney new dime that rolles across the supermarket floor and gets lodged under the produce section. The produce sprinklers water him and he sprouts, only to be glomed by a thousand shoppers before Shiela shows up and buys him for half-off.

And they live happily ever after.

The End.

No?

I didn't think so.

Cirrel

Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cirrel wrote:
Hikaru wrote:

Here goes:

Arden completes the quest, and his totem, Nanuck if that's her name cuz I fergot, disappears in a flash of soapsuds that gets sucked down the drain only to be spat out onto a leech field on Love Canal where she instantly mutates into a powerful Republican who can now legislate Lakesh's power out form under him if she can get past Phil I Buster. Meanwhile, unbenownst to the readers, the author, and God Himself, the quest is attached to a string that snakes through spacetime an comes out tied to Lakesh's shoelace, which unties, causing him to trip and fall through the sock portal in the dryer he was unloading. Deprived of access to Lakesh's power, Adrden get's mushed into oblivion only to discover oblivion is really a shoebox with a tv set in it tuned permanently to the Cartoon channel. After watching a bunch of Powerpuff reruns, Adren gives Dr Utonium a call and the good doctor builds a machine that can transmute Arden into his beverage bottle of choice which allows him to return to reality because there's a return deposit on him that the now befuzzled Lakesh needs badly since he lost his power and is now unemployed. Thus Lakesh pulls Arden from the ether, crams him into one of those bottle return machines at the supermarket which are really transmogrifiers and arden get's spat out as a shiney new dime that rolles across the supermarket floor and gets lodged under the produce section. The produce sprinklers water him and he sprouts, only to be glomed by a thousand shoppers before Shiela shows up and buys him for half-off.

And they live happily ever after.

The End.

No?

I didn't think so.

Cirrel

What is the name of the prescription your doctor has you on Cirrel? I think I might want to try some.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Identity Crisis All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: