Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sabrina Cubed
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I think the 2nd dynasty ship is the same ship the creature finds in prehistoric times at the start of the story. The creature being on the hunt when she came across them decided they were prey the Zargs (ok, yes I’m lazy alright) had to protect themselves against the creature injuring it and they place it in that medical pod and leave it since it was originally programmed to heal and release the creature or Mother's original and then self destruct as explained in the last chapter. now for some wild speculation, Lets say that one of the crew of the ancient ship decided to do some tinkering with the original programming to perform some scientific experiment on Mother planning on coming back to check the results but something happens the ship is damaged and the crew is killed by radiation. In present day the Zargs find the ship a drift bring it home and when they finally do open the ship they decipher the logs and discover what happened. They are some how able to divine what is happening on earth with mother or at least consider that there is a possibility that there may be lasting repercussions on this planet and decide that the empire is responsible and travel to this planet and stop what ever is happening and set things right if they can, and in doing so correct all the problems the Sab clones are having including Ty's arm and Heathers plumbing problem. Great chapter Mark an enjoyable read.

mfwhite
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 6:58 pm    Post subject: Woah!!!!!! Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Hmmmm

Avatar: Sheeri artwork by Chris Morrison (c) Chris Morrison
Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, considering how useful Cleo is (and especially considering her powerful offensive and deffensive abilities) I'm a little surprised that the Emperor and Mister Garan do not have such a "machine".

Since they always use the female pronouns, should it not be "Empress" rather than "Emperor".

Suppose they took the creature from the first scene as a specimen. On the flight back the ship malfunctions and the radiation forces the crew (including an organic or something like that) to use the escape pod. And it crashes/lands in the jungle...

mfwhite
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 9:56 pm    Post subject: Big Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Hmmm, considering how useful Cleo is (and especially considering her powerful offensive and deffensive abilities) I'm a little surprised that the Emperor and Mister Garan do not have such a "machine".

<They do, but they are not as complex as Cleo, mostly they wear them as clothing therefore they are always there.>

Quote:
Since they always use the female pronouns, should it not be "Empress" rather than "Emperor"

This was a consious decision by me, I could do either but Emperor sounded more official than Empress...so i chose the latter. I know its wrong syntax wise but some times you gotta make decisions this was one of them Rolling Eyes

As for Styx's comments, some of what he says is correct some of it isn't you make up your own minds...Twisted Evil

Cheetaur
Twisted Evil

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 4:45 am    Post subject: Re: Big Reply Reply with quote

mfwhite wrote:
Quote:

<They do, but they are not as complex as Cleo, mostly they wear them as clothing therefore they are always there.>

The main reason why that seemed odd to me was, that whenever they are with Afain, they use Cleo rather than any such device they might have themselves.

Kathmandu
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 11:24 pm    Post subject: Note from one of the editors Reply with quote

I just want you all to know that Mark gets a lot of flack from me over details like this and he is a really good sport about it. Unfortunatly he can't incorporate every little detail, the story is already twice it's entended length as it stands now. We discussed this about 6-8 chapters ago and basically it is the fact Cleo is far more advanced than any other guardian for one thing plus the Emperor and company don't advertise the use of Guardians. They are for protection, the less folks know about then, the better. Cleo is an experiment and ... expendable. Just like Afain and the rest, competant enough to get the job done but no great loss in case something goes wrong. Cleo is too much an unknown to be allowed to guard anyone important but too darned expensive to let just anyone use.

Mark really hasn't expounded on this little facet of the emperor that was originally a part of the story, the Emperor is absolutly ruthless and does nothing without being a part of a grand scheme going on in the background. Unfortumatly this story has more subplots than a Star Trek TNG marathon weekend.

Sculptor, artist and writer.

Be sure to read my stories
http://www.cableone.net/kathmandu/
mfwhite
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 11:58 pm    Post subject: Woah part two Reply with quote

My next story

Subplot the next generation

Twisted Evil

Cheetaur

mfwhite
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 8:00 pm    Post subject: Disaster Reply with quote

Due to bad planning and stupididy on my part........sigh always me it seems Crying or Very sad

Chapters 15-19 are now believed lost.

My Hard drive crashed.....i had backups made if the files got corrupted but they were on the same drive.

It was entirely my fault and i feel stupid.....

Sulks.....oh well lets pray to the computer guru in the sky they can a least access the files.....please god let there be hope.

Mark Crying or Very sad

Kathmandu
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 8:46 pm    Post subject: Oh nooo! Reply with quote

Say it ain't so... please say it ain't so. I have 14 and some pieces maybe....

Mapper

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad Deep breath my friend and let out that sigh. Though there's probably nothing i can say to cheer ya up at this moment just step back and take a breather and recollect your thoughts. From what I've seen you've been one busy Taur and ya don't want to wind up like Heather. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Mad Sad Crying or Very sad
Kathmandu
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 10:46 pm    Post subject: Message from the dearly departed Reply with quote

Hi, it's Dinah, Mark's sister. I have a message from him for you.

"...Good news, bad news. Story saved...other hard drive gone instead!
No computer tonight...maybe tomorrow..." Mark.

He is trying to get the man to save as much as possible but it looks like a hopeless task.... Sad

Mapper

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Cool i was wondering why Cheet was soooo quiet today.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
mfwhite
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 9:08 pm    Post subject: Some what relieved Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes

As fate would have it....S3 got saved from what i thought was my main drive....it turns out that my secondary drive died....with no luck of recovery....i lost some pics that i have accumulated over the years....sigh...but oh well they are gone and i cannot get them back

Anyone out there in the Hard Drive recovery business let me know, i'll send you the drive.....

Anyway about 50 pages of text were saved in this adventure

Seems the fan on the processor died too....go figure huh...oh well
this drive has been backed up to be put on my other machine
So s3 is really safe.

Thanks for all the prayers it seems to have worked for S3 at least

Cheetaur

Timberfox

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Timberfox on Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> cheetaur All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12

Jump to: