Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Furry Story, But I don't have a title yet for it

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Red Racer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 11:03 pm    Post subject: New Furry Story, But I don't have a title yet for it Reply with quote

Here's a new Furry story I just finished:

Luke McKenna yawned, then sat up in bed and stretched his arms out; the early morning sunlight filtering through the drawn blinds was still rather bright, and it caused Luke to blink a couple times before he swung his legs over the side of his bed opposite the windows.
As his eyes adjusted to the dim light, Luke squinted around he small branch-off room of the dormitory that was his room. His bed was up against the wall opposite that of his cluttered artists' desk. Its' surface was a scattered mess of half-finished sketches; ink bottles cemented to the bottoms of ashtrays by dried-up ink that had spilt over in the past; and jars that were filled nearly to the brim with what appeared to be multi-colored sludge, paintbrushes poking above the surface of the goop. Next to the desk, a tall beareau stood with six shelves stacked upon each other. Despite the opportunities for cleanliness that the beaureau presented, clothes had gathered together in clumps all around the room.
On the right side of the bed, the aforementioned windows were set in the middle of the wall, presenting almost a focal point in the room; and the shades hat were hung from above did little help at all aside from taking up space. Opposite the window was a single door which led out to the hallway, and then to the kitchen/living room.
Luke suddenly stood up from the bed, glancing over the clothes strewn over the floor, then reached down to pick up a pair of khaki pants, some boxers, and a red and black t-shirt that had a cool little moon pattern on the front. After making his selection from the floor, Luke preceded to pad over to the slightly ajar door, and nudged it open. He made his way past his roommates room, which was covered in various "Keep Out" signs, and opened the door to the bathroom. As he stepped into the bathroom, Luke tossed his clothes onto the tile floor, which clicked from his paws. Turning to face the mirror, he saw that his reflection hadn't changed all that much aside from a sever case of bed-head. Luke looked like any other anthromorphic coyote; aside from the streak of deep rust-hued brown fur that ran under each of his eyes, of coarse. The same color fur was also pesent at the end of his three-foot-long tail (although the very tip was a much darker shade), on his forearms, forelegs, ears, and the top of his slender muzzle.The rest of his fur is a grayish-tan color, with a lighter shade covering his chest and stomach. Teal blue eyes gazed from underneath a rough toussle of short, dark brown hair.
Sighing slightly and rubbing his eyes, Luke reached into the shower and turned the knob until the water was steaming hot...

[twenty minutes later...]

Luke stepped out out of the bathroom, his hair slightly damp, wearing his khakis and t-shirt. But instead of continuing down the hall towards the kitchen/living room, He headed back into his room, taking note of is roommates now-open door. A few minutes later, Luke padded out of his room wearing a red baseball cap backwards.
As he went down the hallway, he happened to sniff the air absent-mindedly, and quickly regretted it. The ever-present acrid odor of burning cigarettes stung Luke's sensitive canine nose badly.
"Ed..." He growled softly when he saw his roommate, Eddie Mack, lying comfortably on the couch, a lit cigarette sticking out of the corner of his mouth. Luke had constantly been telling the anthro tiger to not smoke in the dorms; but as Eddie lay there, his long tail swishing back and forth, it seemed like Luke had never scolded hm once at all.
Looking up at his roommates annoyed expression, Ed just shrugged.
"What? I was gonna put it out innaminnit, just a quick puff, that's all."
Luke just signed and tried no to breath through his nose, "It doesn't matter how long you were goin to smoke, I've told you a million times not to! Now will you please put that out?" He made his way around the counter in the middle of the kitchen and noticed that the coffee machine was on.
Grumbling, Eddie leaned over to the coffee table across from the couch and snuffed out the cigarette in an ashtray.
"Thank you, Ed. Do you want any coffee while I'm over here?"
"Nope." Eddie coughed loudly, then got up from the couch and went into his room.
After pouring a cup of the steaming brown liquid for himself, Luke carried it over to the couch where he then set it down on the coffee table. The table had definetly seen better days; niether Luke nor Ed could determine what kind of wood was used in it, but at times it seemed to be made out of steel, rather than wood.
Luke sat there, thinking out the days plans as he sipped his coffee. The strong scent wafting from the cup banished the previous cigarette smoke, makig him relax.
"Let's see... I told Fiona that i would help her move some art supplies aound her studio, but's around three. So that leaves me with about..." Glancing up at the clock hanging above the stove, it read about 11:34, "four and a half hours. I wonder what I'll do 'till then..."
Just then, the peaceful silence of the room was broken by the phone ringing. Luke leapt up of the couch and ran over to the counter, where the phone sat.
"Hello?" Luke barely got out the greeting before he heard an excited voice at the other end of the line.
"Luke? Dude, I got the car man! I got it!"
"Sammy? What are you-" Luke's eyes grew wide, "Oh wait, you got THE car?!"
"Yeah dude! I just got it this morning" Sammy seemed almost breathless by now.
"You have it right now?"
"Yeah! Yoou gotta come over to se it, dude!"
Now it was Luke's turn to get excited, "Hell yeah! I'll be over in a few minutes!" He hung up the phone; then jogged into his room, returning with a skateboard.
Making his way to the door, Luke called out, "Ed! I'm goin over to Sammy's, OK?" Then the coyote dashed out the open door before he got a response.

------Meanwhile------

Sammy Miyoto stepped out into the late morning sun, and smiled widely to the sight of his brand-new, just-bought, brick-red 1998 Toyota Supra RZ Twin Turbo. The gleaming piece of metallic art had previously been waxed despite the fact that the previous owner had already washed and waxed the car himself. The car wasn't stock, either; Apex'i air filter system, Toyo tires, Greddy turbo system, Brembo brakes, R'active racing seats, Sparco dash, and a Bomex body kit.
Sammy grinned at his reflection in the windows. The anthro panda bear's stocky body was a good hieght, at least six feet. His semi-shaggy fur covered his entire body; his arms legs, ears, and back completely black; the rest of his fur was a very light shade of gray. At the time, Sammy wore a pair of jean shorts and a sleaveless shirt with the "Apex'i" logo on the front.
Just then, Sammy heard the sound of skateboard wheels coming from around the corner of the building; and soon Luke came into view.
As the coyote skidded to a halt in front of the Supra, it took all of his will power to keep his jaw from dropping, "Holy crap, Sammy! I thought you said it was stock!"
"Heh, I was as surprised as you are! The guy had told me that it as stock when he got it, and that he hadn't done anything to it when he did have it" Sammy walked over to the car and popped the hood, "I think that the guy made a little white lie about that, don't you think?"
"Still, a little white lie doesn't hurt now and then." Luke grinned at the heart of the beast before him. The engine cover had been replaced with a new one; although it was still flat, someone had painstakenly carved out the outline of a Supra, showing even the air scoops on the sides, "Whoa, Sammy, did you see this?"
Sammy leaned into the engine bay, and whistled at the tiny carving, "Jeez, maybe the guy who sold it to me really didn't do all this tune-up work."
"Why do you say that?" Luke's stomach suddenly growled, and Sammy laughed.
"First, let's go grab some lunch." Sammy closed the hood, then walked over to the driver's side and got inside. Luke climbed into the passenger' side, grinning ear to ear. Sammy, of coarse, saw this, "You ready to hear this beast?"
"Hell yeah!" Sammy fired the engine, causing a flock of nearby birds to scatter from the tree they were perched in.
"So, where to? I'm kinda hungry myself." The panda kept his paws on the steering wheel, as if he was afraid that if he let go, the car would go crazy.
"I dunno, how about we go down towards the town plaza; there’s an art store there and a couple good delis, too." Luke shifted in the racing seats, "Man, these seats are comfy!"
"Aren’t they? What’s amazing is that I didn’t have to pay extra for the upgrades."
"What?! Why not?" The coyote glanced over to his friend, whos face was breaking out in a big grin.
"I never told him about it. The way he was talkin about the car, it sounded like he had no idea as to how much it had been tuned!" Sammy snickered at the thought.

-----------------Later-----------------

Luke and Sammy padded into a small deli; Luke with a plastic bag slung over his shoulder with art supplies inside, and Sammy twirling his car keys around a finger.
"Well, look who just came in!" A tannish brown kangaroo morph hopped from behind the counter to greet them, "Luke McKenna, and Sammy Miyoto; my two favorite fursons!"
"Hey, Alf." Luke pulled out a seat and sat down, "How's business? I heard that McDonalds is hiring soon."
"Oh, shut up. I haven't been fired," Alf turned and went back behind the counter.
Sammy sat down in the seat across from Luke, "Sure, Alf, sure."
"Look, did you guys come to tease me, or to order something to eat?"
"We're gonna order, don't worry. What's on the menu today?" the coyote glanced up at the chalkboard hanging above the counter, "I think I'll have a grilled chicken sandwich."
"And I'll have a...uh...tuna sandwich."
"One grilled chicken sandwich, and one tuna sandwich, coming up." As Alf turned to ake their sandwiches, Luke turned to Sammy.
"So, why don't you think that the guy who sold you the Supra did all the tune-ups?"
"Well, for one thing, he didn't look like an art major, let alone a mechanic." Sammy leaned back in his chair.
"How could you tell?" Luke raised an eyebrow.
"Well, for one thing, he was a complete dork!"
"So? Just becasue he looked like one, doesn't mean he is one!" Luke leaned back in his seat a bit as Alf set down his a Sammy's sandwichs.
"Didn't you see the engine cover? Someone with some awesome art skills must have done that, not some shrimpy little guy with a pocket protector." The panda took a bite out of his sandwich, looking out the window into the parking lot.
Luke happened to glance at his watch, and his eyes went wide, "Holy crap! I should be helping Fiona with moving some boxes and stuff! Sammy, an you give me a ride back to Fiona's place?"
"Thought you'd never ask!" They both ran out of the deli, leaving a twenty dollar bill n the table for the sandwiches.

----------Later------------

The sound of the Supra's engl=ine was drowned out by a loud, throbbing beat coming from one of the third floor windows.
As Luke closed the car door behind him, the coyote winced, "Uh-oh"
"What's wrong?"
"Fiona's playing her loud music, and when she does, that means she's really mad."
The two furs padded throught the front door of the dormitory building, and started up the flight of stairs.Just as they were at the top of the third staircase, the sound of an opening door echoed down the hallway. As they turned the corner, Luke and Sammy spotted an anthro fox closing a door behind him. The fox happened to see them, and a big grin spread acros his muzzle.
"Luke McKenna? Is that you?!" The fox started padding down the hallway.
"Friend of yours?" whispered Sammy into the coyote's ear.
"Yeah, he and i used to go-oof!" Luke wasn't able to finish his sentence, due to the foxes' big hug.
The panda just stood, grinning at the fox, "Care to introduce me, Luke?"
The two canines broke apart, "Sammy, this is Rich `Fox' Mckintyre; Fox, this is Sammy Miyoto, the local gearhead, street racer, and proud owner of a new Toyota Supra."
"Nice t'meetcha, Sammy." Fox shook Sammie's hand, whilst quickly giving the panda the once-over.
Luke gave a little cough, "Listen, I'll leave you two to talk a little bit more, but I really gotta go!" He jogged down the hall to Fiona's door, and knocked loudly. After a few moments, the muffled music stopped, and the door was flung open.
An anthro wolf glared up at him, and she flicked back her deep maroon hair out of her eyes.
"You should've been here at least an hour ago."
"Fiona, I'm sorry...I lost track of the time; Sammy and I went to go get some more art supplies."
Fiona just shrugged, flipping her hair out of her eyes again, "Meh, it's ok; the fox next door helped out a bit before you came." Fiona and Luke padded into the studio/dormitory, which at the time was cluttered with odds and ends varying from bottle cap collections to one humongous dust clump that took up half of a desk.
Holding back a sneeze from al the dust in the air, Luke gazed around at the mess around him, "It doesn't seem like Fox helped much though..." He opened a cardboard box nearby, and was greeted with a small flock of moths being released. Brushing them away, Luke straightened up, then looked over to Fiona, who was giggling from the moths.
"Well, shall we?" Luke gestured towards a pile of boxes stacked on top of each other.

It turned out that the two canines didn't really move much stuff around, but rather just went through it all, with Fiona keeping the majority of the things they found. About three hours later, they gave up on trying to actually clean anything at all; Luke helped Fiona gather all the really important things and put them in a seperate pile.
When Luke and Fiona were through, they sat down on the worn-out couch in Fiona's studio.
"Whew, that was a lot of work, dontcha think?" Luke put his paws up on the coffee table, and fidgeted with his tail.
"Yeah, I'm actually surprised as to how much junk I had in here!" flicking her hair out of hr eyes, Fiona glanced over at the pile of nick-nacks they had created, "Still, it was nice to be able to go through it all, and I appreciate you coming over here to help, Luke." she leaned over and gave him a quick kiss on the muzzle.
Luke blushed slightly, "Heh, I'm glad I was able to help, and it was kinda fun too." Luke rested his head on Fiona's shoulder, and grinned up at her, "I think all this fun should be rewarded with a night out, don't ya think?"
"Hell yeah! Do you have anyplace in mind?" Fiona giggled, scratching behind the coyote's ears.
"Well,"Luke grinned, "I happen to know this kangaroo who works at a deli..."

THE END

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TO The Red Racer from what I read of your story it is a good first draft but with every first draft there are snags to work out words that need changed around if you want Mike or I to look at it off line let us know and we will set time a side to work with you on it. You can Find us at the Raccoon's Bookshelf here on Planet furry.

Bright Blessings,

Chris

Crystal Dragon Raccoon
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Skype Name
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Feedback All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: