Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Final Farewell
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Furs, he's not kidding about it being hard. Even editting without at least misting up is difficult.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm kind of afraid to read it now I was in a blue funk for days after reading ch.6, some people were concerned imagine how embarrassing it is explaining that your feeling down because a fictional character died.

Xaqtly

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Styx, it's a hard one. Very well written by TV Dave, and it was difficult to get through, for me. Anybody who has lost a loved one will identify strongly with this story.
Tommy Fox Stone
Post Master

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xaqtly wrote:
Anybody who has lost a loved one will identify strongly with this story.

This story is very painful for me too read, I lost my wife 15 years ago in a car accident, she was 23 years old, I know how painful it is too lose the one you love . I miss her with all my Heart.

Doctor Of PF
CSA.

Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The loss of loosing somebody you loved is greatly unbearable, but one has to survive somehow. I lost my wife to some idiot who thought he can get away with murder by jealous rage... His mistake was that it was me he had to deal with in the end.

And to put it nicely, he's one of the few who's rotting in hell, not placed there by god's hands.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
Mapper

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I come here to Tv Daves place to thank him for this view of that night, Kudo's Dave if you hear me.
"edited by Galadrion, Hortmage, Cateagle, and coordinated by Mike Regan"
Excellent Job guys thanks for polishing and sharing. Will defenently have my box of klenex ready for the next 3 parts.

Av by GreyCat
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm happy that this story is finally being posted.

I have not found the time yet to read the final version, but I still remember reading the draft version TV Dave sent me in August 2002.

Sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad I cried a river back then...

Leonato

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As some of you furs know, I did a voice recording of TEfL, by Phil Eggerding (Cirrel)... I have gotten good responses from that one. And when I read TVDave's work... lets just say, its more touching. Mainly cause it deals with the characters we know directly. I can walk through that whole story as Dexter, for example. I was wondering... who's permission would I ask to do a recording of this? Once all the parts have been released of course. Since, sadly I can not ask TVDave himself. Mike... since you coordinated the two that are out, would it be you I'd have to ask?? For what its worth, this part of this story, has inspired me as well. Keep on the good work folks, bringing to us what TVDave must have always wanted us to see in the end.

Leonato

Hortmage

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TV Dave gave me Final Farewell to edit several months before he died. I tried to edit it a small piece at a time... Between my chronic depression, my Dad dying, and the raw emotion that Dave evoked with this story... it was one of the hardest things I'd had to do in recent years.

I'm embarassed that I held the story...90% edited... because I just couldn't plunge into the emotional morass again to finish it. I'm grateful that Cateagle and Mike Regan were also working on it, and found some of my work usable.

I'm feeling a lot better right now...I was able to read the first 2 chapters posted without going all to pieces. I'm hoping I can keep it together for the final chapters...especially since I know how rough the ending will be... Wink

Mapper

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hang in there Hort, and thank you.
yes Leonato and it was excellent thank you for that Very Happy

Av by GreyCat
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Leonato

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, you fur's have convinced me ::chuckles:: I will be working on recordings of Final Farewell. The Tabitha story itself (once I can get some lines of comunication open between me and Yost, perhapse Bruner as well), as well as several others, other stories from this night mostly. I was unawares there were so many, and I no doubt have some reading to do. But folks, honestly, this is just a small thing, that I have discovered that I -can- do for this comunity, in reading these stories. And I -gladly- give of my time and effort to do so. Thank you all for your support thus far, and keep on with the wonderfull work you furs do!

Leonato

Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hortmage, I would not be at all ashamed of the editting you did on TFF; I've read the original and you gave Mike and myself a very good starting place for our efforts and the small addition you made moves me to tears every time I read it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hortmage

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Cateagle, that means a lot coming from you.

Dave did a wonderful bit of creative work in putting together "Final Farewell." But he seemed to have a....unique....outlook on his use of commas. Wink

And wouldn't you know it? While reading chapter 2 on Chris' site, I caught another typo that I (and MicroScoff's spell checker) missed. Nothing major...and I'd have to go hunt it back down again...but I hate it when I miss stuff like that... Mad

Leonato

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok fellow furs, my voice recordings of 'Final Farewell' parts one and two are now available. I figured I had nothing better to do this weekend =~.^=. Still being hosted up at http://www.excelex.net/~leonato/ just like before. Thanks again you furs, for all the support you continue to give me, I'm glad I can provide this to you! Keep up the good work all, or in TV Dave's words "Be Good All"

Leonato

Hortmage

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Regan wrote:

But part 2 was sent out to Chris to post before we got your edits. So not your fault. I read parts 3 & 4 both yours and the original and decided to continue from yours.

Oops! Embarassed

Didn't meant to be critical of someone else's work... Embarassed

What's the general schedule for release of the last two chapters?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> tvdave All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: