Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Furry Skies
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 6:04 pm    Post subject: Furry Skies Reply with quote

There is a new story in the Other Writings section of The Panthera Residence.

Yes, you've read correctly. A new story. I actually wrote something. Since I got my Palm and a keyboard for it I was able to work on my stories while out and it paid off. I went to work on some of the short stories I started years ago and this is the first to be posted.

Furry Skies is set in the world of the Crimson Skies video game/tabletop game/RPG/novel series, just with a furry twist. I like that game a lot and have always been yearning to do a story set in it. Now it's finally done and waits for you at The Panthera Residence. Mike has already received a copy for the Bookshelf and it should be up there soon too.

I would like to thank Pflarrian Collifox for his help with the editing, as well as all the great furries who allowed me to use their characters. This story would have been much less exciting without them.

I hope you will enjoy Furry Skies, the most furry adventure ever to take place among the clouds.

Of course, comments and critique are always welcome.

Aramis Dagaz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great story, Tygon! Glad to hear that your muse is back on the job. Plenty of action, excellent choreography for the battle, and enough mystery to keep me coming back.

A couple of minor typos here and there, but an entertaining read overall.

Keep up the good work!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the praise, Aramis.

The battles were the hardest part to write. Glad to hear that they work.

And for those of you who don't get the Raccoon's Bookshelf Newsletter, the PDF version if Furry Skies is posted.

Jbird
Forum Hatchetman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wanna test some of these planes out in actual combat, man? Very Happy

Good story, too.

(00:40:05) nbz: you win at the motherf***ing internet O_O
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jbird wrote:
Wanna test some of these planes out in actual combat, man? Very Happy

Just tell me where and when Smile

Jbird wrote:
Good story, too.

Thanks. Glad you enjoyed it.

Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C'mon, people... I'm sure more of you than Jbird and Aramis have read Furry Skies. How am I supposed to decide whether to write a sequel or now when I don't know if you people liked it? Wink
Dragon-Kitsune

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gah! Sorry I added it to my "must read some day" list, believe me there's many stories on that list, so didn't read it till now.

A really fine story Tygon, I really enjoyed reading it. The aeral battle was described well and realistically. I actually at one point thought that the Marauders were gonna win, but I should have know better. Bad guys just never win.

But I think that there wasn't much of a reason for that "now it's personal" stuff, the boarding team was cut down before they did much of anything. There would have been more reason for the "it's personal" if the boarding team would have e.g. threathened Victoria or kept her as hostage for awhile(of course she wouldn't have been harmed in any way). She was shocked yes, but she was completely safe for the entire story. But as always that's just my opinion.

I really would like to see where this is going. Please continue it. Oh yeah. *whistle* Hey Kitsu!

Kitsu: Oh come on! I'm not gonna do "that" dance just for that reason.

*sigh* Are you sure? I would really mean much to me and Tygon.

Kitsu: No! If you want it you dance it!

*gets smacked in the face with....* Eeeh... I don't think anyone else except Skunky would like to see me in this....

Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dragon-Kitsune wrote:
A really fine story Tygon, I really enjoyed reading it. The aeral battle was described well and realistically. I actually at one point thought that the Marauders were gonna win, but I should have know better. Bad guys just never win.

Well, the jury is still out on who are actually the good and who the bad guys in this story.

Dragon-Kitsune wrote:
But I think that there wasn't much of a reason for that "now it's personal" stuff, the boarding team was cut down before they did much of anything. There would have been more reason for the "it's personal" if the boarding team would have e.g. threathened Victoria or kept her as hostage for awhile(of course she wouldn't have been harmed in any way). She was shocked yes, but she was completely safe for the entire story.

Yeah... strange, isn't it?

Dragon-Kitsune wrote:
But as always that's just my opinion.

I'd keep it if I were you Wink

Thank you (or you two or whatever) for the nice words. It took me far too long to get this story done and I'm glad I finally did. And I'm even more glad that it turned out well. The battle scenes were a pain in the tail to write, at least at times.

I've always wanted to write a furry Crimson Skies story and I'm very happy that my first turned out well.

Fishburne
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Furry skies is even better than Cats. I'll read it again and again.

Tygon, this is an excellent story with well written main characters! I loved the action, I almost felt like I was there!

I really cannot wait for part 2!

Cmon big Cat! Gimme some more love with this story!

Two words: SUH WEET!

Smile

elMaxx
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok feedback...

hmmmm... ok i want to make something clear.. Furry Skies is by far the best you've written. I really like how you deliver a technical reference of every bit of technollogy use in the stories. In this installment, i think that given the short story format, you did an extremelly good job at presenting the characters, the airfights where just awesome, i was literally eating my nails when Tygon shot out from the hangar, until Law had to.. well till the end Smile

Again, sweet work dude, if your new handheld helped you start writing like this (again) i can't wait until you get the real feel of it, and blow our minds off with more work.

cheers!

PS: To all of you who haven't read Furry Skies, yer missing out on a LOT. Smile

Pflarrian

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh. Sounds like you've got a winner here, Tygon! I seem to vaguely recall having mentioned how good it was as I edited it for you. Looks like I underestimated how popular it was going to be, though. Wink
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pflarrian wrote:
Heh. Sounds like you've got a winner here, Tygon! I seem to vaguely recall having mentioned how good it was as I edited it for you. Looks like I underestimated how popular it was going to be, though. Wink

Looks like we both did Smile

Thanks for the praises everybody. Seems like I will have to write a sequel afterwards.

You know, for a brief time I was considering turning this into a Robin Round Story like Broken Highway when I hit a point where I got stuck but in retrospective I'm glad that I didn't. This way I have full control about what will happen.

Of course, that doesn't mean that another of your cannot write his own Furry Skies story (hint, hint, hint Wink)

Shadu

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All you needed was a change of setting. Very Happy Well whatever it was it brought the muse back to you. Im glad.

I must say that is one of the best dogfights i've seen or read about. keep it up, i need to see how this continues. Mr. Green

... Now all i have to do is read up all i can on those references to understand the plot better. Cool

Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadu wrote:
All you needed was a change of setting. Very Happy Well whatever it was it brought the muse back to you. Im glad.

My theory is that I was just lazy Razz

Shadu wrote:
I must say that is one of the best dogfights i've seen or read about. keep it up, i need to see how this continues. Mr. Green

Thank you. The Dogfights were my biggest worry.

Shadu wrote:
... Now all i have to do is read up all i can on those references to understand the plot better. Cool

Eh... well, I tried to put as much background info as possible into to without affecting the actual story, that's only possible to a certain degree... I'll try and put more into the next story.

Shadu

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe you did as much as possible in this storry but its up to me or anyone else to get the full background unless you can do a summary on the whole world and that might damage were you want to go with the story. in any event as long as you keep going as you are even people like me can get a general feel of the world, a bit more than enough to go allong with the storry without problems i think.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> tygon All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: