Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Furrette 2.0

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Little_Dragon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 9:33 am    Post subject: Furrette 2.0 Reply with quote

Ryan has his own figures in development, whereas I have a new version of Furrette in the works. Currently tweaking the rigging (skeleton/joints), which makes the 3D mesh posable in Poser.

The original version of Furrette was derived from a low-poly Sabrina player model I created for Half-Life and Counter-Strike. The new version has been built from scratch as a high-resolution figure. Improvements include posable eyes and ears, a tongue, better UV-mapping, etc.

No textures as yet (other than the eyes and lashes), and I can't create morphs for facial expressions until I finish the rigging (which explains the wide-eyed stare). But she's definitely posing a lot better than the original.

I've attached a short animation (MPEG format, 346KB) for your amusement.
Sandy C

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting.. I've seen some of your earlier animations. I have to say that they were pretty well done, but lacked detail, and from what I saw, facial animation was nearly impossible on the earlier models. Ryan has been pretty busy, closely studying the CG animation in movies such as Ice Age, Monsters Inc and Garfield. So far he seems to be on the right track.

Anyways.. I'll probably be off this afternoon to pay him a visit, and offer him my support. Keep up the good work LD

SkunkFox

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and to beat his head in with a stick for the jokes he's been making lately?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Scifer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phew sandy, you make it sound like animation is easy! Confused There's a hell of a lot of things to consider. The programmable attributes of the face take the most time usually. Remember Woody from Toy story? There are over 100 animatably features in his face alone! Shocked Call me crazy, but I kinda think that takes priority over the background? Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Skype Name
Little_Dragon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandy C wrote:
I have to say that they were pretty well done, but lacked detail, and from what I saw, facial animation was nearly impossible on the earlier models.

True, the original Furrette was somewhat lacking ... which is why I've been building the new one using everything I've learned since.

I do know how to wring some emotions out of a 3D mesh, however. A recent project in which I rebuilt Lemurtek's Tobi gave me the opportunity to add new head morphs and facial expressions to an otherwise expressionless figure.
Mapper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Show off Wink Looking forward to version 2 LD Very Happy

Av by GreyCat
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Scifer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Wow! It's just like the stuff I'm doing in Flash ... only so much better. Mad

*grumble grumble.*

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Skype Name
tim

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats pretty damn amazing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> CG Furry Art All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: