Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descriptions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Journye

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:22 pm    Post subject: Descriptions Reply with quote

Okay I know this isn't a story or artwork, but it is an example of my writing style. I hope you enjoy and please be honest in your opinions, I need good critizism.

Wynter is a fox, but she isnt the ordinary run of the mill fox, one might be used to seeing. Her furr is pure, pristine white over almost all of her shapely form. Except for the areas of midnight black fur on her paw like hands as well as the fur on the tip of her very bushy tail, and the tip of her left ear. The black furr on her paw like hands comes up to her wrists only, makeing it look as if she were wearing black leather gloves. She also sports an odd shaped patch of midnight black fur under her right eye. Takeing the form of a thin jagged line that is like the shape of a lightning streak, it even forks, one fork ending at the corner of her muzzled mouth, the other ending just above her jawline. Her eyes are a soft ice blue with a ring of dark green around the outter edge of the iris and flecks of green and amber scattered about the blue of her irises.

Journye is a vixen, but instead of having rusty reddish colored fur like most foxes usually have, her furr is midnight black. The furr on the underside of her muzzle, down the front of her neck, and disappearing under the collar of her shirt to travel down her chest and tummy is white, as is the tip of her bushy tail. Her paws are white as well, making it seem as if she were wearing white gloves. The white furr on her left paw ends just above her wrist whereas the white furr on her right paw ends just above her elbow. Her muzzle is long and delicately shaped with a scattering of a few small whiskers. Her eyes are a soft green color.

Rayne is a pure black catling who stands 5ft 5in in height and has a slim, shapely figure. She wears a simple band of gray cloth across her breasts and a short loin cloth of the same material, proudly showing off her athletic form covered in well groomed, glossy black furr. On the tip of her long, graceful tail is a thin band of gold from which dangles a few feathers and small, round pieces of onyx. In her right ear is an earring with three black feathers dangling from it. Scattered about her muzzle are long, delicate grayish white whiskers, her nose is a dull pink. Her eyes are a deep greenish blue and slant slightly upwards at the outter corner. Her paws are delicately boned with long, graceful fingers, deadly sharp claws safely sheathed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Scifer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 2:55 pm    Post subject: Pretty sahweet! Reply with quote

Very Happy Niiiiice. Apart from the fact that fur only has ONE r at the end of it (but you knew that already, didn't you? Wink ), I have nothing to critisize.

But what do you plan to do with these descriptions? Use them in a story? One thing that I wanted to do in my anthro-story was to tell people what an anthro was. Because the concept sounded rather odd to some people. (Have a read of my story, posted on this board for a bit of inspiration for a plot. ((Excuse the typos!))

Thought I'd write a description of me off the top of my head. Everyone has their own style of writing, and I like yours very much, but try to tell the readers what anthro-person is. (You can be as cynical as you want!)

Scifer was perched on his chair, eyes fixed open and dry due to his lack of blinking. His back was arched like a lazy question mark as he leant close to the whirring computer screen, typing program commands into the keypad below his square, furry chin. Scifer had a much furrier chin than you or I. One might even say that he looked rather scruffy as he didn't bother to shave. But Scifer had an excuse. He wasn't human ... sort of.

On first appearances, Scifer would look like a cross between a wise old badger and a young, majestic fox. But he still possessed the same upright postier that a humanoid figure would hold. His raven black fur, crystal white muzzle and stripe tearing from his forhead to the back of his neck gave him a most dashing appearence. Scifer may seem rather alien to you or I, but if we were in his part of the galaxy, seeing an humanoid, furless primate would be a most rediculous concept indeed.

Scifer wore clothes as well. I mean, it does get rather chilly onboard his ship when the central heating computer has malfunctioned and one has to sit at a computer screen for seven hours, trying to reboot the program ... as Scifer now was. For his underclothes, he wore a thin white vest and his lucky, yet dirty red bandanna. He also wore comfortable black cargo-pants with a hole at the back for his bushy black and white tail to sprout from. For warmth, Scifer dressed in his navy blue pilot's jacket, which was decorated with several badges dotted around the arms and chest. But the most interesting part of Scifer's look was his Longsight Mark II. It neatly rested on his head like some sort of shimmering metal helmet. It started off as a rectangular oblong sitting ontop of his head and continued downward past his large triangular ears. A small communications headpiece sprouted from the left hand side of the box.

Scifer now waited paitiently for the loading bar to reach 100 percent. But it appeared to be clogged on 2. He twiddled his paws a little. He'd rather b anywhere else then where he was now.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Skype Name
Journye

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The desciptions are examples of the furre characters that I Role play =^.^=. I currently RP 8 Furre characters on an IRC server. I was just curious as to what kind of response my writing style would get. Hehe yes I know there is only one R in fur, but for some reason I always end up putting 2. I enjoyed your descrition =^.^=
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Scifer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol. cheers. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Skype Name
Journye

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cerys Megilindir is a panther furre, but she isn't the normal shade of black, but neither is she an albino. Her fur is white with wisps of dark gray mixed in like splotches of different sizes scattered here and there. The claws on her paw like hands have been sharpened and because of this she carries no other weapon but a garrote wrapped loosely about her right wrist. She stands 6ft tall, taller then some of her catling cousins of other species. She wears a simple loin cloth of a light gray material, but she wears no top, there isn't any need for her to. About her upper right
arm is a thin band of silver with a round piece of garnet set into it. She wears a silver tail ring with four tiny bells dangling from it. On her left wrist she wears a leather bracer with small metal studs set into it. Her eyes are a golden color, the color of a well worn gold piece.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Feedback All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: