Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Untitled Story. WARNING: Possible Graphical Bloodshed!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fluffybun
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 7:25 am    Post subject: Untitled Story. WARNING: Possible Graphical Bloodshed! Reply with quote

Deleted until further notice.

Current GB rating: 3750 GP (Silver Axe)
Current Guild Rating: 10/20

Beware... My battlecry
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Fluffybun
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since no one (except one person) seems to care one bit for this story, I saw no reason to keep it here and waste server space.

Signed,

Johan Van Kerckhoven

Beware... My battlecry
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Pat The Fox

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just because only one person seemed to care doesn't mean more do, you also have to remember that many people just don't comment on a story.

I admit that I haven't read it personally but in all honesty, deleting the story doesn't allow future readers to see it.

fuzzy?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Joshua Fox
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, and not being a whiny Belgian Waffle Woman just because only one person commented (Oh, poor you!) is usually considered by most cultures to be a 'good' thing. Twisted Evil

"This is PNN".
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Fluffybun
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funni isn't it, that people only seem to say something when you're doing something out of the ordinary...

That aside, why should I continue to put my meagre writing skills at your disposal if none of you helps me to improve them?

And Josh... you won't change my mind THAT way...

Beware... My battlecry
Joshua Fox
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fluffybun wrote:
Funni isn't it, that people only seem to say something when you're doing something out of the ordinary...

Not really. If you'd actually get on your dang messenger once in a while I'd tell you ya' were being stupid on that, too Twisted Evil

Quote:
That aside, why should I continue to put my meagre writing skills at your disposal if none of you helps me to improve them?

If that's directed anywhere near me, you're setting yourself up for some Amber Waves of Pain, Buddy. I even taught you how to write a spooge story, for goodness' sake. And I haven't seen you put to use anything I taught ya'. Am I then to assume that you're an ungrateful little waffle boy because you haven't? Twisted Evil

I'm taking time out of writing a Forgotten Realms book to say this, so listen up good. If you want to be a writer, you have to remember that these people are not here for YOU; YOU are here for them. If you're writing just so that other people will comment on it, then its no bloody wonder why almost no one has. A writer isn't just someone who writes; it's someone who loves to write, and anything less is cheating these folks out of their valuable time.

If you simply want to improve your writing, show it to an editor or another writer while or before or even after you post it, but don't expect these folks to climb out of the woodwork and clap their fins together like trained seals just because you throw them a fish.

So post it, delete it, snort it up your nose for all I care; just actually try putting things in perspective and thinking it through before you go about being the forlorn, angsty author. Because I can tell you sure as anything that whining and trying to guilt people into reading and/or commenting just doesn't work Razz

Quote:
And Josh... you won't change my mind THAT way...

You wish, ya' Flemish furry Twisted Evil

"This is PNN".
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Fluffybun
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah well... *shrugs* Two minor things though:

1. I'm not a writer, just a mathematician who happens to write a few snippets.
  2. I usually AM on YIM, but playing hide & seek.

For the rest, I abstain from commenting... I have other things on my paws.

Beware... My battlecry
Joshua Fox
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fluffybun wrote:
Ah well... *shrugs* Two minor things though:

1. I'm not a writer, just a mathematician who happens to write a few snippets.
  2. I usually AM on YIM, but playing hide & seek.

For the rest, I abstain from commenting... I have other things on my paws.

About bloody time. Now get back to it! Twisted Evil

"This is PNN".
Fluffybun
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will...

*goes back to his other things, including RPing, playing computer games, and being annoying*

Beware... My battlecry
Pat The Fox

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

everyone has the ability to be a writer, they just don't know it or don't want to do it. Trust me, my own story has been on my website for a few years and I only got maybe three four comments on it. Does that mean I'm going to take it down? No, because someone may come along and enjoy it in the future.

fuzzy?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was reading the story, but I thought that it had not really gone anywhere (yet), so I did not comment (yet).

p.s.
I was on holiday and then I was really busy, so I might have missed any posts after March 15...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> fluffybun All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: