Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Voice Reading of PlanetFurry Stories on MP3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

COOOOOOL! "Touch the Sound, Feel the Music" is a GREAT story!

Great timing to, I need something new to listen to Very Happy

Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm... great reading, Leo. You made me jump a few times Wink I'm really looking forward to hearing the rest of the story.

(Note: I have read it already but I really enjoy listening Leo's readings.)

Great work on the new Sabrina chapter too! And overall, it is great that you have time to record new stuff again. About time too! Just kidding Wink

Thanks for doing this, Leo.

Leonato

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for -listening- Tygon, and all you other listeners out there, whomever you may be (Tygon is just verbal about it, so gets mentioned by name Wink ) More good news, Touch the Sound, Feel the Music part 4 is uploaded and available! Enjoy!

PF's resident Lynx/Domestic Reader/DJ,
Leonato

Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glee! I get mentioned Very Happy

But seriously, great work on this one too. It contains so much that is no real text but just words to create a mood, especially at the beginning and you did a FANTASTIC job with that, Leo!

Can't wait for the next one, even though I know I have to Wink

On a side note, I can only second what Leo said and recommend the Fornax stories by Matt McCullar. They are a great read, all of them and well worth buying the hardcopies.

Leonato

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Part 5 of Touch the Sound, Feel the Music is now uploaded and available. I hope you furs enjoy, and -thanks- for the complements Tygon, I tried in that section you speak of... I hope Cirrel also aproves of how I rendered the words there, cause there are so few, which cary such weight and purpose. And not just action words... but names of characters... etc... anyways, glad you liked what you heard! Thats why I do it, for the enjoyment of others, and the further exposure of the great stories themselves!

Leonato

Leonato

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, my compy has been nice to me tonight, instead of just letting me get away with one edit / post-produce, it let me get away with two. Parts 6 and 7 of my recording of Touch the Sound - Feel the Music, are available on my site for download Smile It wont be long and the last one, part 12 will be up, then its on to record Cirrel's other great Fornax based work!

Leonato

Leonato

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok... I said before, they should know better than to turn me loose with dinomyte Wink I talked this computer into getting rid of the bug that was causing my recording/editing software to crash, and after that, got 3, yep, count em... 3 more parts of the 12 total parts of Touch the Sound, Feel the Music. I am now complete through part 10, and over 3 hours Smile Enjoy Listeners!

Leonato

Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah, gee... I wasn't even able to listen to the last ones yet... you're really cranking them out now, aren't you? Smile

I'm looking forward to hear how you did that... special voice in the last part Wink

Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, great work on the reading, Leo! I loved the part when Kitta played away her frustration in part 9. Fantastic work on that one. Sent a shiver down my spine to the very tip of my tail.
Leonato

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK Loyal Listeners! Touch the Sound, Feel the Music is now complete as a book-on-tape on my site. Parts 11 and 12 are now uploaded and available. It was a true joy to read, and I stand humbly by Cirrel in presenting my reading of it. Without his skilled authorship I would have nothing to record Smile

Leonato

Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bow to you, Leonato. Unbelievable great work on this story. I might even say your best work so far. A true joy to listen to and... dammit, it made me shed tears a few times, both of sadness and joy.

To stay in the mood of the story, an experience up to par with each Fornax concert.

Of course, hats must go off to Cirrel too for writing the story in the first place but your efforts, Leo, made listening just as good as when I read it myself for the first time.

Thank you, Leo.

Cirrel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tygon wrote:
I bow to you, Leonato. Unbelievable great work on this story. I might even say your best work so far. A true joy to listen to and... dammit, it made me shed tears a few times, both of sadness and joy.

To stay in the mood of the story, an experience up to par with each Fornax concert.

Of course, hats must go off to Cirrel too for writing the story in the first place but your efforts, Leo, made listening just as good as when I read it myself for the first time.

Thank you, Leo.

I have to agree whole-heartedly with Tygon - even with the part about it being just as good as if I'd read it for the first time - and I wrote it! Razz This was a true joy to listen to. Thank you Leonato.

BTW, wherever did you get that 'grating bass voice from hell'? It wasn't exactly as I'd 'heard' it in my mind but this was good! Wow.

Cirrel

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tygon and Cirrel, your kind words are a source of encouragement for me, and I can not possibly say thank you enough. I was told once, by the foxy I love, that I had a good reading voice, I did not believe her. I cited that I talk to fast, and mumble alot. Well, fate has proven her correct, and me wrong, I was taught, by a drama teacher, how to slow down, annunciate, characterize, and generally -feel- the words and get that across. I know this director/teacher, and he knows nothing of furry, nor of what has happened to me, or how much any of this means to me. But the gift he gave me, is how I do what I do, so I tip my hat to Bret Hadley, as well as all you authors out there. Without those to teach and pass on a skill, and without those who work hard to write what they feel and believe, this world would truely be a very poor place. Today I'm releasing Sabrina the Online Story chapter 5 as I now have it recorded. Chapters 6 and 7 will be allong after the holiday, to close the gap, and make my book-on-tape complete through chapter 22. My thanks go out to Chris Yost for writing the story in the first place, a story that rather closely describes how me and my foxy met. In short, my thanks to planet furry, and to you author furs in particular (Cirrel being the one I hold highest), is put here, in a thread made by Cirrel to make note of my book-on-tape skill. A skill given to me, that I pass on to you furs, to further the enjoyment and exposure of these great stories, and to pass on what these stories already provide us all, entertainment, and enlightenment. Thank you all again!

Leonato

P.S. Tygon: Its ok to cry over a story (you have seen me do so), and thanks for all your kind words
P.S. Cirrel: Thanks for being the first one to tell me 'go for it', and for being the darn good author, artist, and fur that you are!

PrincessB

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats how I used to be, thought my voice was nothing special and I talked to fast then my drama teacher/mentor worked with me on a major production we were doing and got me to where I was (in her words) reading as near to perfect as could be. I ended up getting many compliments and realizing that my part as narirator really did make the play make sence. Really have to give total props to Tereasa for beleiving in me and pushing me to always do everything I could and the best I could.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leonato,

If the fur who said he was doing "From The Wings" doesn't get back to me before MFM, I'd be honored if you'd consider doing that story, too. I can supply a reading of the Italian in the first installment if necessary.

Best regards and appreciatively,
Cateagle

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Music Plaza All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: