Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Voice Reading of PlanetFurry Stories on MP3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got around to listen to you SOtS readings, Leonato. Great work! Brought back many happy memories of when I read it myself Smile
Leonato

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tygon wrote:
Finally got around to listen to you SOtS readings, Leonato. Great work! Brought back many happy memories of when I read it myself Smile

Hey, thanks for the interest, and for takeing the time to listen!! Chapter 13 of StOS is now up and available folks. Its been... well, its been a Monday, but atleast this chapter was light enough in humor to help me relax (the ale didnt hurt either). Enjoy!

PF's resident Lynx/Domestic reader,
Leonato

Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:59 am    Post subject: *Chuckles Softly* Reply with quote

Mike, that's Farewell for a Friend. I'l have to get my tail in gear on the next two items on my list to give some balance to this year's productivity. I think both will be of interest, FTW 4.4 with all the interweaving it will be doing and the other story which is rather a departure for me, but which is looking good so far (yes, Tygon, *that* one we discussed last year after MFM, I'm finally getting back to it, but, please, don't give anything away here, I want it to be a surprise).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Leonato

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Regan wrote:
Enjoy the lite chapters while you can.

You know what the future holds.

<insert evil laughter here>

Farewell to a Friend is coming for you.

Twisted Evil

::hides under his covers, just his Lynx nose sticking out:: Scary... very very scary. But I think I can handle it, given enough time to work myself up to it. I will never forget reading parts three -and- four of 'Final Farewell' in one night. You made referance to that as being hit 'by both barrels' and you were not exadurating, there was little left to me. Anyways, on a much lighter, and happier note, StOS chapter 14 is now recorded and up! I am enjoying the lighter chapters, and if I can keep it at a chapter a night, it wont take me long to hit 48 =^.^=

Leonato

Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm... I can't unzip chapter 14. It either says "folder invalid" or "no files to extract", depending on how I try to do it.
Leonato

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tygon wrote:
Hmmm... I can't unzip chapter 14. It either says "folder invalid" or "no files to extract", depending on how I try to do it.

Hmm... try re-downloading it. And make sure its filesize is exactly 9,561,342. I'll go ahead and re-upload the known-good copy that I gots right here on this comp, so that I can be -sure- the one on the site isnt corrupted. Thanks for listening by the way, and keeping up with em as I put em up!

Leonato

Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Works now. Thanks a lot Smile
Leonato

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tygon wrote:
Works now. Thanks a lot Smile

Your Very Welcome Tygon. I want to personally thank each and every one of ya for listening, takeing the time that I know it takes, to give me a listen. It means a -lot- to me. And at the same time, it humbles me, that you furs would even have the interest in the first place. I just hope, that someday, someone who might consider reading StOS but dont have the time, will use my recordings as a method (when driving to and from work or such) to experiance this story as we all have, and get the same great experiance we have all gotten from Chris Yost's most excelent piece of work. Anyways, its the weekend again, and I have chapter 15 up for ya. Real life continues to demand certain ammounts of my time, but ya can rest asured, my free time, is mostly spent right here in front of this comp, and a good bit of that is doing voice recordings. Enjoy!

Leonato

Leonato

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StOS chapter 17 is recorded, edited, produced, uploaded, and available for immediate download Wink Its another weekend... WOOOOHOOOO! Umm. yea... ::smooths the fur on the back of his neck back down:: Ya can look forward to more recordings out of me this weekend, since I have a bit more time over weekdays.

Leonato

Leonato

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, one computer rebuild, and I'm back and swingin. The recording I just finished of 'Farewell for a Friend' by Cateagle, is now uploaded and available. Sadly, I am afraid this is the only recording I will manage this weekend, since most of last week, and this weekend, have been spent toiling over this comp. But, rest asured, I'm back in action! More chapters from StOS will be forthcomeing as soon as I get chance to record em!

Leonato

Leonato

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As promiced, more StOS, chapter 18 is now uploaded and available. Chris, if your reading these posts, I still need your aproval of my slight adaption to chapter 1, due to the IRC text in it, also, the way I adapt chapter 1 is the way I'll adapt any of the remaining IRC text in 2-7, I'd very much like to get 1-8 cleared, so I can be -complete- through 18 now Smile Thanks!

Leonato

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just downloaded a couple of your pieces to listen too. Great work! I've been told I have a good reading voice, so I was considering trying a recording of my own. I am curious as to what hardware and software you are using.

What recording software? What (if any) editing software?

What kind of microphone? Good soundcard or just average?

I'd apreciate any help you could give me.
shroom

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops.. forgot to log in. Previous post was mine.

I've added your Y! and ICQ contacts as well.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Leonato

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
I just downloaded a couple of your pieces to listen too. Great work! I've been told I have a good reading voice, so I was considering trying a recording of my own. I am curious as to what hardware and software you are using.

What recording software? What (if any) editing software?

What kind of microphone? Good soundcard or just average?

I'd apreciate any help you could give me.

Well, as for reading voice, they keep telling me I have a good one ::chuckles:: I just see this as a great oportunity to give something back to this comunity that has given me so much. As for software, I'm a bit 'different' because I run Linux, instead of WinBlows. So, all my software is open-source stuff. I use ReZound for my recording/editing software, for it does both GREAT, and fully professional like. That is cause sometimes I mis-speak, or have to take a stab or two at how to pronounce a difficult last name, or such. Other times I just all out do more than one take on a piece, and then choose the take I like best, or bits and pieces from the two, really on the fly like. As for hardware, its a pretty generic PCI 5-speaker out capable card, if ya want more details, like the vendor, and chip data on the DAC, I can get that for ya too. As for Mic, I dont use anything super fancy, just your standard 'boom mic' like what comes with a number of PCs, in fact, I think it has the 'Pakard Bell' logo on it... if I remember what that logo looked like right... so its really simple. Nothing fancy, no mixing boards (though I would very much like to have one), no pro Mic, and the room is just my bedroom/computer room in this basement apartment, and to be honest, I'm surprised I dont get worse echo-effects. Anyways, hope that satisfies your curiosity!

Leonato

Leonato

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHOOOHO!!!, another weekend, finally. I now have StOS chapters 19 -AND- 20 uploaded and available for immediate download. I also snazzied up the site a bit, hope all ya'll furs like it!! Enjoy!

Leonato

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Music Plaza All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: