Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Voice Reading of PlanetFurry Stories on MP3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leonato

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tygon wrote:
I only recently got to listen to this. Great reading, Leonato.

Are you going to read us more stories? Smile

MOST CERTAINLY! Hehe... I am working on more and more continually. Both stories related to Tabitha, StOS, ZZtS, etc... And am starting work into those stories themselves. You will note I am into Tabitha now, and am working on getting all the available chapters recorded.

Leonato

Leonato

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am layin down recordings as often as I have the free time for em. And presently, I am keeping to the sabrinaverse, focusing on Chris Yost's universe, and Tabitha. As I expand I will include (and already have a few pieces from it) the ZZtS universe. Beyond that, and it will take me a year or more to get beyond that, I am open to other worlds/universes. So, sorry Kay, your story might take a wee bit of time for me to get to Wink It is also worth noteing, that I get a good bit of enjoyment out of the recordings myself. I feel I have been inspired by every story I have recorded. And rest asured furs, I will continue to do so, for as long as there are inspireing stories to record (read... a VERY long time). Thank you again Hikaru for the donated space. I understand as I view the reports, that my presence on that server taxes it. In such a place as to be second only to the root website hosted up by it. As time goes on, I will no doubt have to put up recordings elsewhere for storage, and just use the page at micoks.net as a -home base-. So that I dont tax a single server so heavily like I am right now. Thank you furs for your support of this endeavor of mine, you all have been a great source of encouragement. And remember... at any time, I'm open to constructive critisizm on how I might make my work better! Hope you furs continue to Enjoy!

Leonato

Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you'll be busy for quite a while... so I won't even bother asking you to read any of my stories Smile
hikaru
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Regan wrote:
All his readings are available there as zip files to minimize download times.

Actually, zipping them didn't do much. I did it so people wouldn't repeatedly download the audio as a stream. It forces them to download the file locally and listen to it on their computer. That way, y'all aren't nuking my bandwidth. Smile

As it is now, he's accounting for about 20% of my web traffic, but it's not a significant percentage of the overall bandwidth, so I'm not concerned.

Cheers

"Coming to you Live and Transcribed..." - TVDave
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Leonato

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok furs, I'm sorta curious... Would ya be interested in me putting a post here in this thread each time I release a new recording?? If so, I'd be glad to do so, and it could provide a handy place to post updates. Anyways, for what its worth, Tabitha chapter 8 is recorded and up. Enjoy!

Leonato

Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By all means, please do notify us. It's so much easier than actually going there ourselves Wink
Hutch

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey ther Leonato!

I was wondering if you would like to share your "workload", so to speak. I would gladly help you in the reading of the SabrinaVerse stories. I was thinking maybe I can do ZZtS and A Fox's Tale along with From the Wings. I figured that you won't want a sore throat from reading all that Razz and since I have lots of free time now from study leave for the exams, I'd pitch in.

btw, do you have any good tips/suggestions on how to get a good recording? If this really takes off, we can work out which stories to read so we don't overlap.

Hutch

Visit my Deviantart!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hutch wrote:
Hey ther Leonato!

I was wondering if you would like to share your "workload", so to speak. I would gladly help you in the reading of the SabrinaVerse stories. I was thinking maybe I can do ZZtS and A Fox's Tale along with From the Wings. I figured that you won't want a sore throat from reading all that Razz and since I have lots of free time now from study leave for the exams, I'd pitch in.

btw, do you have any good tips/suggestions on how to get a good recording? If this really takes off, we can work out which stories to read so we don't overlap.

Hutch

I certainly do not have a problem with such a version of "From The Wings" and I'll be glad to help with it as needed.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Leonato

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As promiced, this is an update letting all you furs know I have released a new recording. I lent my voice to "Matriushka Dreams" by Cirrel... and there is a bit of a story behind this one ::chuckles::
That old grey Racoon Mike, had turned me onto Cirrel's work, -again-. This particular night, he had showed me what Cirrel had done with the Fornax story, and the short stories he had written. They are great stories, that stand on their own very well. But as I looked a bit further, I realized I had made a big mistake. I had never noticed Cirrel had applied his great talent to a ZZtS based short story. And on the matter of this story, may I issue one warning... -DONT- listen to 'Requiem for a Dream' while reading this piece. I had my music set on random, and the version of 'Requiem for a Dream' done by 'Clint Mansell' came on, and dang near crushed me as I read it silently to myself. When I read this, it was already late in the evening. But there was no doubt in my mind,hat I -must- put my voice to it. It was aproximately midnight when I finished with it, but it was worth every minute. Cirrel is no doubt one of the most talented authors in all of Planet Furry. This story in particular is scary for the simple fact that it takes us into a hate, a fear that is so powerfull that it could become deadly. Mike, who I have come to call friend, can attest, I was rather shaken by this piece, but at the same time, was -thrilled- to be able to lend my voice to it. So thrilled as to disuade me from waiting till the next day to record it, it was worth of recording right then and there, and I did. I hope you furs enjoy it as much as I did, and gain the same inspiration that had me in fits all night. And may we learn the lesson of this story, that cherished hate can become -powerfull- and overpowering, if we let it get to that. Enjoy furs! This is one Lynx who most certainly did!

Leonato

Leonato

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My recording of 'Sisters Still' is now available for download. I had it recorded some time ago, and was waiting on Chris to overcome his nearly insurmountable computer problems and get it up on his website. Now that he has done so, I posted the recording. Chris, if you are reading this, and have a problem with my posting in time with you like this, I will be more than happy to delay my posting like Mike does with the bookshelf. Let me know! If you dont mind, I'll just keep posting in time, or as close to in time with you as I can manage. Galadrion... you did a great job with this one, letting us inside the lives of two furs most touched by Sabrina. And thanks Cateagle for the title on it, its very fitting, for Amy and Sabrina -were- sisters, only lacking the blood relation. Thanks again, for allowing me the honor of recording!

Leonato

Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome, Leonato. I'm still working on my take on this for Lee & Debbye, "Farewell for a Friend". Those who've seen the working drafts so far seem to like it. It's not as intense as some others, but it covers what needs covering.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Leonato

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tabitha Chapter 9 has now been recorded and uploaded. It wont be long furs, and I'll be caught up on Tabitha chapters, then its on to Sabrina the Online Story itself!

Leonato

Leonato

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cateagle wrote:
You're welcome, Leonato. I'm still working on my take on this for Lee & Debbye, "Farewell for a Friend". Those who've seen the working drafts so far seem to like it. It's not as intense as some others, but it covers what needs covering.

Now Cateagle... how dare you misrepresent yourself in front of all of these furs ::jestures with open paw to the whole of the PF audiance:: Wink I have read your work, and it is on par with all the others, at the -least-. I know I know... natural nature not to want to take tooo much credit, but honestly dude, it does more than just 'cover what needs covering'. It covers it yes, but it also sheds light, both on the happenings, and into the lives of those involved. That is no small undertakeing, and you have done it well, showing how these events effect these characters we know, like Debbye. As well as those characters we may not know nearly as well, like Lee. I really liked the draft I have read, and as soon as I have a final draft in my paws, I will be recording it. Keep up the good work authors!

Leonato

Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leonato wrote:
Cateagle wrote:

Now Cateagle... how dare you misrepresent yourself in front of all of these furs ::jestures with open paw to the whole of the PF audiance:: Wink I have read your work, and it is on par with all the others, at the -least-. I know I know... natural nature not to want to take tooo much credit, but honestly dude, it does more than just 'cover what needs covering'. It covers it yes, but it also sheds light, both on the happenings, and into the lives of those involved. That is no small undertakeing, and you have done it well, showing how these events effect these characters we know, like Debbye. As well as those characters we may not know nearly as well, like Lee. I really liked the draft I have read, and as soon as I have a final draft in my paws, I will be recording it. Keep up the good work authors!

Ah, I'm flattered that you like what's done so far. It's not yet finished, but it's coming along. I've a few more bits to throw into the mix and stir.

taspacecampjh

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the reading keepm comeing please
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Music Plaza All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: