Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chapter 25 the final chapter...nuff said... now go and read.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mfwhite
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 2:43 pm    Post subject: Chapter 25 the final chapter...nuff said... now go and read. Reply with quote

Chapter 25: Something Old, Something New, Something Altered, Something Black And White???

Germany:

The rain hadn’t stopped since she began her search, maybe it was an omen of things to come perhaps. She felt the sheer hopelessness of it all. She was sure this was the right area but it was so long ago and her memories of this locality were not as clear as they had once been. Since she had returned from Tarra she knew her time was limited and there was something here she felt she had to atone for. She only hoped that this church, one of only a few left on her list, had the answer she was looking for.

She had her driver pull on a long rope that rang a bell at the top of the church door. Her three foot frame just couldn’t reach the rope that clung just out of reach. They waited as the rain poured down around them, the umbrella above intercepting the cold pelting drops. Time passed and no one came, she sighed and turned to go but at the sound of the huge door opening she turned back to face the one that had come to greet them.

“Can I help you?” Asked an old badgeress in German. She was very old from what Mother could gather, her speech was slurred with age. Badgers were very difficult to pin down on age since they already had a lot of grey in their fur patterns. Her speech was the only thing she was going on at the moment.

“Pardon my intrusion at this time of day, my name is Frau Marlene Zimmermann. I am looking for some old records dating near the end of the First World War.”

“Ah…we have many records here but I think my son would be best to help you. Come in, come in out of this dreadful rain.”

“Thank you, it seems determined to fall all day it seems.”

“It does indeed.” The old badger smiled.

Mother dismissed her driver, telling him that she would probably be awhile; he just nodded. She followed the old badger to a comfy sitting room where, in a huge fireplace, blazed a small raging orange inferno. She stepped up close and almost instantly the dampness faded. “The fire feels good,” she said in her flawless German as she warmed her paws.

“Yes, on a day such as today it is a good friend. Make yourself at home Frau Marlene, while I go get my son.”

Mother bathed in the fire’s warmth, it was the first time today she felt warm despite the best efforts of modern German luxury car technology. She sat down in a very large chair and awaited the old fur’s return with her offspring.

She didn’t have to wait long before she returned with a male badger. He was middle aged, she guessed, as before badgers were hard to judge; their fur colourings hid what were the general signs of aging; greying fur.

“Good day sir, I’m sorry to have disturbed you.”

“Not at all, we don’t have many visitors here, I’m Reverend Dieter and this is my mother Elke.

“It’s nice to meet you both. I’m Frau Marlene Zimmermann.”

He gently shook her paw. He was surprised to see a creature such as her; she was like nothing he had ever seen before. Maybe it was her small size, or horns, or even her colouring; he could not place her species but it didn’t matter. He also noticed that she was quite pregnant, her being so small made it very pronounced. “Now my mother here says you are looking for some old records.”

“Yes, my great grandfather was stationed near here in a camp. He was an Oberleutnant (1st Lieutenant) with the Hussar Regiment 14, his name was Val Hemlar. I don’t know if the site of the camp is still there, I was looking for his grave, if one exists.”

“Hmm, that is a good question. There are many soldiers buried here in the church cemetery. Perhaps your ancestor is one of them. The records that were kept at that time were very accurate. Come follow me and I’ll show you.” She followed Reverend Dieter back through many a hallway then to a small room full of very old books. Some of which she was sure hadn’t been opened in decades.

“I apologize for the room’s condition but this area isn’t anywhere on my to-do list. This is a project for a later time but for now it has fallen by the wayside since there are no funds available or the manpower I’m afraid.”

“It’s understandable.” The room was very dry and dusty considering how much rain was coming down; she thought it would be extremely damp as well. “This room is so dry.” She remarked.

“Yes, it is because it’s central in the church and above the furnace; it wasn’t planned that way, it just seemed to work out. The top books are the oldest; they won’t have what you are looking for. I’d check mid-shelf, that would be more current. Oh, I’m sorry...” he stuttered for he had forgotten about her situation for a moment, “I will get the books down for you, my apologies I forgot briefly about your condition.” He pulled several books out from one of the shelves and placed them on a table. “If you cannot find what you are looking for in these, call and I will pull more books for you.”

“Thank you very much.”

“You are very welcome, just call out if you find his name listed there. I’ll hear, I’m not too far away, just down the hall doing some research for a local fur, seems he is also interested in his ancestry.”

Mother nodded and the Reverend slipped away. This was going to take some time, she thought. She pulled out her cell phone and called her driver. She told him to go back to the hotel and she would call him later on. Four hours later and more than enough tea; supplied kindly Elke, she finally found mention of his name. With this revelation she stepped out to find the Reverend, he wasn’t too far as he had said and returned with her to look at what she had found.

“Now let us see what you have there.” He peered closely at the name and codes put beside the name. Certain letters together made codes so as to save space on the page. “Oh my!”

“What is it Reverend?”

“Well, the letters here beside the name are codes telling me that there is a box here.”

“A box?”

“Usually of personal items, things taken off the body. They were put in a box and left here for relatives to retrieve. Seems this one never was picked up.”

“Oh,” Mother said in a bit of disbelief, she wasn’t sure if she could face that memory. “Can you also see if his body is here in the cemetery? That’s what I really came to see.”

“Hmmmm.” He thought that she would have been more responsive to his possessions but he was finding it hard to read her. The Father looked at the codes then at the space showing the lot markings. “Yes his body is here although it is in the farthest section of the cemetery. It would not be wise to travel out there on such a day. The back fields are hilly and steep. In your condition I would not want you to fall.”

“Understood, then I shall return tomorrow.”

The Father nodded, “Now let’s go find the box; that might take some doing. Will you help me look?”

“Yes, it would be a pleasure.” Mother wasn’t sure what would be in the box, it would though be a reminder as to what happened so long ago. She sighed, more memories to haunt her.

They had a hard time with the room that the box was in, boxes upon boxes had been stored in front of the door and those first had to be removed. They were careful to leave what labels the Father already had on them. Inside it was even dustier than the other room, she was sure no one had been in here in years. All the boxes were branded, so she thought it would be easy to spot it. It took a few minutes but finally they found the large box. It had many smaller boxes covering it.

After both of them recovered from a bout with sneezing, they took it back to the book room.

“The contents are yours Frau Marlene.”

“Thank you for keeping them all these years.”

“It is what we are here for. I’ll leave you now, call if you need me.” She nodded as she watched him walk away. It was then Alison made her presence known.

“Yes Alison?” Mother said as she sat down on a chair.

“You don’t have to do this, I know of the memory that haunts you. You were not yourself back then, you were incomplete.”

“But I took his life and many others, needlessly,” she remembered the faces and the horror of it all.

“Val was a soldier, he did horrible things as well. You were not alone in committing unspeakable acts but it was war and the rules change. Let me erase this memory from your consciousness and leave this place.”

“No...Alison out of all my memories of people, places, or things... for some reason this person...Val has remained in my conscious mind. I do not know why, I feel that if I can see his grave maybe it will free my soul of torment. I don’t know the answer but maybe it’s waiting out there in a field beyond these walls.”

Alison became quiet again, there was no use in flogging a dead horse; this was Mother’s quest not hers. The box had a simple latch that was easily opened; she lifted the lid and folded it back over. The first thing she saw was a uniform. The pungent smell of mothballs filled her nostrils. Long gone they were but the smell still resided being left undisturbed for so long. She picked out the jacket, pants, shirt and shoes. Even his hat was here; plus some documentation. She thought everything went up in flames but it seems it didn’t. His personal diary, his jewelry and his medals all lay in the bottom of the box. His face came to her for she knew it well, she had stared into his eyes deeply that day. She had pulled the trigger on the weapon that ended his life; it too also resided in the box. They had mistaken it for his but it was indeed her M96 Mauser pistol. It had accumulated some rust over the years of being left to rot; weapons needed care but this one had not seen the light of day in a very long time.

“What am I doing here?” she thought. “I can’t bring him back”, she picked up the gun and its weight almost broke her wrist. It was incredibly heavy, but in her paw somehow it felt the same. How could she remember that? She shouldn’t but she did, in fact she knew she was the last one to fire it. She put the gun back into the box and packed the clothing neatly. Closing up the box she felt her heart sink, this person was dead because of her and now she felt the pains of sorrow. Blast Alison and her meddling, it was better when she felt nothing at all. It seemed that tomorrow she would confront her demons face to face.

The Next Day:

The rain still was coming down, although not as much as yesterday. It was a faint drizzle, this she could contend with. She had prepared herself for this as she had donned a long rain coat and a hat. The Reverend led the way into what seemed endless grave markers.

“We haven’t had many visitors to this part of the cemetery in a long time.”

“If most of these graves date back to that era then I can understand why.”

He smiled back at her, “Although we do get some, like you. Reaching out for the past, it’s all here…all you have to do is look.”

He was right, the grave markers were here; all someone had to do was look. She was amazed how large the cemetery was the, stones went on and on.

“I did a little research on the camp you mentioned. I didn’t know there was one, my father would have known about it. It seems it burnt mostly to the ground, no one was found alive. Something tragic happened there but what, the information didn’t say. There wasn’t really much said about it at all, I’m afraid.”

“Ah…I see.”

“I can get the information copied for you if you’d like.”

“Yes that would be good.”

They talked a bit more about the weather and other insignificant things just to pass the time away. The Father was making sure that she didn’t slip and fall. He didn’t want her hurt in any way. Finally they reached the site; she had brought a hard bristle brush with her. She was sure the stone would be moss covered And it was. She scrubbed off the portion which housed the name.

Val Dirk Hemlar. Born 1877 – Died 1918 Oberleutnant Hussar Regiment 14

It had no other markings; it was a standard stone of the era, nothing fancy. None of them were for they had to have been donated to the church.

“I’ll give you a few moments alone Frau Marlene.”

She nodded, “Thank you.” The father walked up the path a bit and out of hearing range. Well, she was here; now what? She tried to think of some words to say but she didn’t like any of them. As she stood letting the drizzle accumulate on her coat she suddenly felt cold, a chilling cold right down through to her bones. It then she saw it, an apparition, it was in the shape of a fur but as she stared at it details formed. Then she let out a gasp, it was Val! Alison saw it too, she couldn’t believe it but there it was; a spirit of sorts.

It moved towards her, she tried to retreat but her legs were frozen in place. “I know you.” It said. Well it didn’t actually speak but she heard it as if it had. It didn’t look overly happy to see her. “You look much different than when I last saw you Mien Colonel.”

“You cannot be here!”

“You are here why can I not be?”

“You’re dead.” She said shocked.

“I am a spirit, aren’t spirits free to roam a cemetery?”

“No, they are to move on.”

“To where? There is nothing to move on to. Which now brings me back to why you are here; have you finally grown a conscience?”

He had hit the nail on the head, with his first shot. “You are, in fact, right, I have. When you last saw me I was an insane person. One who’s only goal was conquest; driven by her own personal gains.” She took a deep breath and continued, “I am now a complete person and one who wishes to make amends. Your memory is deeply implanted in my conscience and I came to see if visiting here would lessen its impact on me.”

“So has it?” Val raised an eyebrow.

“No, I still feel the extreme guilt as to what happened.”

“So it is forgiveness you want,” she nodded, “You know how many people died at your hands?”

“Yes, a great many, but your death haunts me as a testimony to my plundering.”

He stared at her coldly, “I’m glad I’m so fondly remembered.”

She was getting nowhere with Val his spirit was biased. So she decided to switch the conversation, “Why is it you are still here?” She had an idea as to why, “You feel the guilt as well, so much so it’s keeping you here!!!”

“What???”

“Yes I can feel it in you, I don’t know how but you feel responsible for all this.”

“No.”

“Yes, Val; it’s not your fault.”

“No…you are wrong about that.”

“Val you cannot blame yourself, it was war and you were just following orders.”

There was silence for awhile, then he spoke again. “I knew a lot of those people, many of them were my friends.”

“I understand Val but it still isn’t your fault, I’m to blame.” Tears began to flow down her cheeks much to Val’s surprise. He never saw the Colonel show any sign of emotion; rage didn’t count. She was always a pillar of strength and everyone in camp feared her. His vaporous paw intercepted the droplets trailing down her fur. “We were surrounded by the enemy, the war was lost and surrender only days away. No one could ever learn about the weapons we were working on or the methods we used or what was left of Germany would have been destroyed utterly. We had no choice in the matter; I had no choice in the matter.”

It was in that moment his spirit form felt different, he felt her compassion and the truth that had brought her here. He felt her desire and the goodness within her soul. There was only one thing he could do to release her tortured soul.

“I forgive you.” He said.

She trembled, “Thank you Val.”

In an instant Val’s corporeal form began to glow. “What’s going on?”

Mother smiled, “It seems we needed to heal each other. To give each other forgiveness, now it seems a higher power than you or I has called you and it is your time to move on.”

“Move on to where?” He looked scared and confused.

“I don’t know Val, but I hope it is an enlightened path.”

Val’s form began to deteriorate quickly but he had some final words to say, “I feel that your essence is still troubled by many things, do not let them get the best of you. I see your true nature now; do not let those memories tarnish your soul.”

Her tears still flowed, “I won’t disappoint you Val Hemlar.” She saluted as his form disappeared, she could no longer feel his presence. She then felt someone tugging on her shoulder. She was wet and covered with mud and sod. It seems she had fallen down onto the wet mud and grass.

“Frau Marline, are you all right? I came as quickly as I could, I didn’t see you fall.”

She stood shakily; she looked about but didn’t see or sense Val’s spirit. “I’m fine Father Dieter but I think my time for this is over. I’m here for a few more days; I still have to take some pictures. Thank you for showing me my great grandfather’s gravesite.”

“You are most welcome; now let’s get you back to the church to the warm fire. I want to be sure you are all right. I should have stayed with you.”

“I am fine, it was not your fault I fell, the grass is slippery and I guess I just wasn’t paying attention to where I was walking.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes. I’m a lot tougher than I look and don’t have far to fall. Now, let’s get back to that warm fire you talked about.” She looked back at the grave one more time, it seems today was a day of forgiveness.

Canada:

The flight home was uneventful for Mother/Alison, the Reverend had allowed them to take all the pictures she wanted. Val’s box of memento’s she thought she would donate to a war museum over there that collected original war uniforms and paraphernalia. Along with it she would give them all the data of Val Hemlar, hoping they would display it with his name and honor.

As the limo sped home along the long gravel road towards her mansion; she yawned. She had spent 3 months in Germany trying to gather all the data, it was now time to relax for a bit then close-up shop and head back to Tarra. As the automobile approached the gate, there was a huge sign posted beside it. She ordered the driver to halt so she could read it more carefully.

It was a real-estate sign with all the information about the house, it seems her house was now for sale.

“What’s up with that?” Mother asked from within Alison.

“I don’t know Mother, I didn’t say anything to anyone about the house being sold. This is a puzzle to me.”

“Don’t look at me, I can’t read your language and I don’t have a clue as how to ‘sell’ something,” Lyja’s said from the opposite seat. Trying to keep invisible all the time was hard on her, so when the opportunity presented itself she became visible. Mother/Alison bought some attire that covered most Lyja’s colourful shiny skin, so things were covered if she did go out.

The car moved along the long driveway and up to the front doors of the mansion. Another car resided not too far away from them. The front doors were wide open as if they were being invited in. Alison told the driver to wait, they had to see what was going on here. Lyja did her thing and blended into the scenery. To Mother and Alison this was a trick they couldn’t get use too.

As Alison/Mother entered into the house one thing became evidently apparent, everything was missing. Every room they entered into was bare, “The library!” Mother thought. Alison made her way there as quickly as she could. As she entered into the huge room, Mother gasped; all her books were gone; every shelf empty. They couldn’t believe it, then Alison spied the opening in the floor, the one leading to the lab.

“Careful Alison, the stairs are not too sturdy and the stones are slippery.”

“I will take it slow, Mother.” She carefully descended into what was the lab but as she looked about it too was barren. As she reached the bottom, Mother couldn’t believe that everything was gone; even the giant freezer. It was so clean down here that it looked as if nothing ever was here. Mother asked Alison to go over where the elevator doors were. It looked like they were covered over. Only she would have known this for the work was well done. It was then they heard a voice.

“Hello down there?” Called the voice. As they looked in the direction from where it came, a heavy set lynx came down the stairs. “Sorry I wasn’t around to greet you, I was preoccupied. I’m Alan, the guy in charge of this lovely home.” He put out his paw in greeting

“Hello Alan, it’s nice to meet you.” Alison said as she shook his paw.

“I see you found the main attraction of the home. It’s a secret room, with a hidden switch, although we had to keep the staircase open for visitors. It’s old and will need some work to be able to open and close on a regular basis. It’s quite an attraction for folks, had several who were very interested in this feature.”

“I can understand.” Alison said, “Is the owner about?”

“Oh, no she left the house in my paws. It seems she is extremely busy and really doesn’t have the time to fiddle with selling a home.”

“Hmmm, I see. What is she like, I mean, species?”

“Oh...she’s a strange one, an albino weasel with extremely dark eyes. If I had to say, I’d think they were black.”

Alison’s eyes went wide, Mother was shocked, so shocked that she caused Alison to have an accident. A slight one but she was going to have to use the bathroom. “Oh no!!” Alison said aloud.

“Miss?”

Alison was trying to be calm but she was all wet now. “It seems, Alan I’ve had a slight accident. I’ve had trouble in that area with my pregnancy. I’m small and it hasn’t helped things.”

He smiled, “It’s all right Miss but I’m afraid the bathroom is up the stairs. Are you going to be all right going that far?”

“Yes I think so.”

“Then let me help you.”

“Thank you.” They made their way up the stairs and Alison went out to the car and got out her suitcase. In it she had a change of clothes. She took a towel with her and told Alan that she would be awhile. He was sympathetic having gone through emergencies with his own wife. Alison listened at the door and heard him finally leave. It was now she could freely speak and change at the same time.

Alison began to remove her wet underwear, “You heard what he said I’m sure.”

There was a pause but Mother answered, “Yes and it has me worried, the white weasel was a form I had once. It seems there may be another copy of us.”

“Yes and if true there is a strong possibility it knows everything we do!!!!”

Avatar: Sheeri artwork by Chris Morrison (c) Chris Morrison
mfwhite
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 2:47 pm    Post subject: da other half...... Reply with quote

U.S.A.

Endora reached across the sink and gave the window a crank, the pane moved and allowed more of the autumn breeze to circulate through the kitchen. At that moment the sun glinted off the gold band that resided on her finger. A symbol of one males love to her, she always liked autumn; it was when Warren had gotten down on one knee in a park, not far from here to ask for her paw. She took a deep breath and relaxed, she sighed and opened the fridge. She pulled one of the four cartons of orange juice out of the fridge and placed it on the counter. Then she went to get a glass out of the cupboard.

She put the juice away and with the glass in paw sat down at the table. The twins had been quite active last night and she didn’t get a lot of sleep. She closed her eyes for a moment and let things slip a bit.

So much had gone on in the last six months, the thought of it all made her head spin. The fact that all of them had gone to an alien planet, met actual aliens and found out that they had to go back into the past. Not to mention finding out that she herself was a clone of her daughter, this fact alone hurt her emotionally. She really didn’t know who she was now, Warren helped out where he could but he couldn’t really help her with this. She really wasn’t sure anyone could. She was happy though that her daughters as she now called them had found help, although in some cases, it had a price.

She sipped her juice just as one of the twins moved within her, “You’re anxious to get out of there aren’t ya? I wonder if this is how Mom felt when she had me and my sister.” The fact that her parents still lived was an amazing result of her trip back to the past, it was unexpected though. It seems her note had done the trick and certain incidents had been avoided. As a result they were much healthier and well off financially. Her house spoke volumes to her, things that she didn’t have before now resided as if they had been here all along; in fact they had. No one knew any different, only she remembered the alternate past. The new fridge and stove, was one example of her parents helping, theirs were old before and in need of replacement but other things had needed funding and so they waited. The house itself was fixed up, roof, siding; all fixed with their help. In a way it was a dream come true.

One thing that did bother her was their reaction to the clone news, they really didn’t accept it all and with that she didn’t tell them about what she knew about herself. Her mother especially, they had met Swallow with reserve and Zirkon well that was a different story all together. She had explained the relationship that Zirkon had with Swallow and they objected. They felt if they were going to be, well... her children; then they shouldn’t have a relationship. In the end they chose not to interfere but they said they would probably have little to do with any of the clones. It was a sore point with her, for she would have liked them to have been at the wedding. It was these new memories that had her a bit miffed, for it was like she had no choice in the matter, she had them and that was that.

She sighed again and drank her juice, she wondered how Margrette was doing.

Ottawa Canada:

Kathren couldn’t understand the feelings she was having, seeing her mate with a bulge in her abdomen was driving her hormones crazy. It showed in the many times they had gone to bed as of late, all she could do was stare. She wasn’t sure how she was going to feel when she was at full term and she was really showing.

Margrette slowly washed what was left of the dinner dishes as Kathren looked over her; much to Margrette’s annoyance. “You’re staring again.” She said without even looking her direction.

“No I was...how?” Kathren said with surprise.

“Just a feeling.”

“Well I just can’t seem to get my mind off of your changing body; sorry.”

“Oh how I know, my muscles haven’t been this sore in a long time. What is it with you? I’m a fat cow!” She turned and faced her.

Which just turned on Kathren even more. “I don’t know; but you in that way, my hormones are going nuts.” She came over and stroked her hair, “You’re beautiful to me and the life that lives within you will be a spoiled little girl.”

“I remember being like this, not being able to move around. I’m a cow.”

“No, you’re a beautiful pregnant skunk and you’re mine.” Kathren bent down a little and kissed her, Margrette let it happen since she wasn’t feeling at all sexy.

“Oh Frank called while you were napping, seems he and his new femme want this weekend to themselves and asked if we could take Tabitha. I agreed.”

Kathren could hear something in her mate’s voice that exposed something was amiss and required further probing. “New femme?”

“Yeah a doe, I met her the other day.”

“You didn’t tell me.”

“Well she isn’t much to talk about.”

“No...well she sure has your fur up. You’re not jealous of her?”

“Jealous!!! Of...of that thing!!!”

“You are,” Kathren laughed, “and here I thought my little skunk didn’t have a jealous bone in her body.”

“I’m not jealous I’m just angry,” doe’s tended to be bubble headed and this one wasn’t breaking any mold. “Frank deserves better than that ...that blonde dim witted thing!!! She thought I was a guy!!!”

“Yes I have met some of those and you’re right Frank doesn’t deserve to be tortured.” She laughed, “He’ll come to his senses later, right now he’s playing the field. He’s not stupid Maggie.”

“Well, if she comes around with him, you do some flexing in her direction... I’m betting she’ll have a little accident.” She turned around and picked up another dish to dry.

Kathren moved up behind her and started to stroke her abdomen and blow slightly in her ear, “You know you, have a little mean streak and I love that about you.”

Margrette moaned for she was very vulnerable right now, her hormones too were out of wack and Kathren’s blowing and touch were doing things that she didn’t think she had time for. “Kathren... I don’t have...” She gasped for breath as her muscles almost began to melt, “Kathy.” She turned her head to intercept Kathren’s muzzle meeting hers.

“I think the dishes can wait.”

Margrette put the dish down, “You’re right.” Kathren picked up Margrette and started to carry her to the bedroom, “You know, you should lay off the snacks.”

Margrette just looked at her and groaned, it seemed her muscles were about to get another work out.

Another Part of Ottawa:

Heather just stared at what was to be the kitchen of their new home, it was just framed in but still it was huge. “Hector this is wonderful, look at the space!” She exclaimed.

Hector was listening but he was trying to get the top off the champagne bottle he had in his paw. “I wanted to be sure we had enough room for both of us to be in here.” At that moment the cork flew off and proceeded to spray them and the walls with carbonated liquid. They both laughed as they kissed each other.

“Who knew this day would come.” Heather said with enthusiasm.

“I certainly didn’t, not with everything that’s happened. The fact of my disappearance and my body –kindly supplied by the Zargozians – turning up. The funeral, the paperwork, the pain and anguish you had to go through, I didn’t think it would ever end. But today ...well yesterday was the day. Now they can finally go on and finish this place. Six months, geesh...thank the powers that be the roof was on.

“Yes Hector, it is finally closed, now we can look towards the future, just look at us! Were both medical marvels, we’re huge as ‘taurs go and we look almost identical.”
“No were not, I’m bigger still than you and my muzzle is shorter and broad.”

“I know, you’re face still reminds me of you, I can see it,. Its not my face that stares back at me even though we share the same fur pattern.”

Ah...yes but I have redish fur, you don’t.” He winked as he managed to get two plastic glasses out of the box he had brought with him and gave one to Heather and one to himself. He then proceeded to pour what was left of the bottle into each glass.

“Is there any left?” Heather smiled.

“Just enough I think.”

“You know, you’re family has been really good accepting the new you.”

“Yeah...well, Linda misses the old me but she knows and feels that it’s me in this body.”

“I can see that, Dr. Blitzen and my torturer Sarah can’t believe the changes in me. They are is so frustrated with me in fact that I’m not explaining anything to them. Maybe one day I’ll tell them but not now. I’m just glad the tabloids haven’t got a hold of our story.”

“Well my death has led to another investigation of my mother, from what Linda tells me. Since she tried to kill me once it was a logical place to start with her.”

“Well she deserves the torment they give her, its funny to know that she had nothing to do with it.” Heather laughed, “Oh how did things go with that idiot you work with, Dale?”

“Heather! Dale is not an idiot, maybe a little slow at times but...cut him some slack! Since he took over he has got some of the legal stuff I wanted out of the way. What a mess but things are working out.” He took a sip of his drink then clinked his glass against hers, “And cheers to my wife to be,

Heather took a sip of her drink, “I cannot believe that Ti is going to throw us another wedding.”

“Well, we sorta messed up the other one plus you’re a widow now.”

“I messed up the other one...you mean, this one is going to be a lot different!”

“Yeah, I just hope I don’t trip up with these four feet of mine. This time no late night party, truth be told I was half hung over.”

“I knew,” she winked. “You’ll do fine.” She gave him a quick peck on the cheek.

“Now the other reason to celebrate, that big contract.”

“Oh yeah, that was one sweet deal, that’s going to keep us in business for years to come. Sabrina is happy, she knows she has a job for quite awhile and Max, well he’s a little surer of himself in his relationship with Sabrina.”

“Yeah, so when do you want to tell them?”

“Soon, I know you’re dying to tell them they’ll be living downstairs.”

“Good, I’m finding it hard to keep it a secret.”

“Just a little longer sweetie!” She hugged him tightly, “So you did say that they put in some sound proofing right?”

“Yes for their privacy as well as ours, Arden assures me with the amount we’re putting in no one will hear a thing.”

“Good, wouldn’t want them to think were a pair of sex starved ‘taurs’.” With that she went to her bag she carried with her and brought out a big condom.

His eyes stared at the package, “Heather?”

“Aw come on Hec you know what this is?” She giggled.

He tilted his head in reply, “Of course but... the place isn’t even finished and we don’t even have a bed!”

“Hec we don’t need a bed.” She grinned and bounded off in the direction of what was to be the bedroom.

Hector put his glass down and smiled; looks like it was going to be a fun day after all.

U.S.A

Endora got up and put her glass in the sink, she glanced at the clock knowing it was about time for the kids to arrive home. She thought of Swallow and how things were when they had returned many things had to be cleared up and she thanked the powers that be for Detective Byrnes. He had worked diligently to make Mother/Alison’s plan work; in the end the case was finally closed and things sort of went back to normal. Save for where Swallow fit in to the educational system and her mental state.

Swallow’s biology and adjustment to her new life presented Endora with not just a few problems. She was, by everyone’s estimation, the equivalent of a teenager on the cusp of maturity. Zirkon had made some subtle adjustments to her psyche to essentially give her another chance to experience a normal childhood, a way to start over with a healthy family structure.

They hired an educational tutor for awhile to feel out where Swallow’s knowledge started and ended. It seems she knew more than Endora had thought, close to finishing high school. There were some places she had problems but the school was very helpful in placing her within her limits.

Zirkon was another story; she had no information at all about her new home but she could find it through someone else’s thoughts. It helped in some ways but it confused her usually because she didn’t have experience to back it up. The tutor helped put her on track as well. It had taken some time but Zirkon proved to be a fast learner.

Ti had enthusiastically volunteered to let Swallow and Zirkon live with her and Richard. Endora gently declined Ti’s offer knowing she had her own life to live, in the end she felt that she could handle them both, plus she could let them help out with the children. It would be a good learning experience for Swallow and Zirkon, to learn about child care.

Endora and Zirkon had a long discussion concerning Swallow and the situation they found themselves in. Zirkon was in love, yet Swallow wasn’t mature enough to handle a sexual relationship and may not for a few years yet. Zirkon didn’t care in the least and said she only wanted to be with Swallow and do what was best for her. Endora really couldn’t object since, biologically speaking, both Swallow and Zirkon were older than she was. Zirkon agreed to pose as the child of a family friend visiting from England and attend school with Swallow in order to help her and adjust to society. It seemed to solve a lot of the problems that could later plague them as they matured.

Swallow’s fur finally had started to come in and she stood at 5’10”. That was much more than her siblings Sabrina and Tabitha but was she was as thin as a bean pole. The doctors had proclaimed her healthy, as had the Zargozians. They had repaired a few flaws that Swallow had, which had made her fertile again and able to bear young if she wished. The twin factor still was in effect for all the clones and each one knew what would happen if they had babies. It was something that had eluded the Zargozians but they felt it posed no health problem to any of them.

Ti and Richard had called just the other day saying there would be the patter of little paws sometime in May. It was wonderful news, It seems they wanted to get a head start on parenting, especially if they were to have a couple of litters. Ti really didn’t want to discuss the fact that her body would or could possibly live far beyond what anyone ever could. All she wanted to do for now was to start a family and worry about that problem later on in her life.

Ezmerelda, well, she had returned in a technological marvel of Zargozian science. Her new body gave her the freedom of movement and ability to help her father in his remaining years. She couldn’t believe it when she first had seen it, she swore up and down it was alive. The Zargozians had assured her it was in a way but not sentient. It did kind of creep her out some at first when she thought about the fact her real body was essentially an organ implanted in the larger one floating around in a liquid filled cocoon inside its chest. She felt completely normal so it didn’t bother her much plus she could eject out if there was ever a problem. Over the years it became easy for her to forget she was once a foot and a half tall sometimes. She also began to wonder what became of their alien friends.

Orbiting Space Station:

It had been ten years to the day she had taken office, being Emperor of the Zargozian Empire had posed quite a strain on her system in the early years. Now they had finally begun to pick up the pieces and restore order from what chaos had been made during the last Emperor’s reign. The main council’s attacks upon her when she had taken office had thrown Tarra’s governing system into a divided mess. It had taken this long to finally resolve a lot of differences.

Afain stared out and down at her world revolving below her. A small ship crossed between her and the planet that gave her life; she wondered where it was headed. Somewhere down there were her twins, both little terrors and probably causing all sorts of problems for Kira. Her being with hatchling has helped, since she now stays at home most of the time. Along with Lyja’s small one the day was probably going by quite quickly.

Lyja was out on the frontier with Cleo, trying to help a new colony terraform some barren rock. The reactor was not working at all the way it should and they went out to try and help get things started. The other problems had settled for the moment, the former Emperor had made an absolute mess of the whole situation but alas that was another story.

She felt good, as good as an Emperor should, she guessed. Tolare and Shearah had seen her through the birth of her hatchlings and all had gone well. Kira couldn’t believe how beautiful they were and couldn’t have been any prouder of them both. As scans verified both were morphers, again a genetic trait that had been passed on. The world of Tarra was full of them, not in great quantities but they were out there.

Genetic traits posed many problems, especially with the birth of Lyja’s child, one who possessed both morphing and the stealth skin that Lyja had and in times of fear the child would literally vanish. They had to be very careful and not scare the child, she wasn’t very old and they all hoped that she would grow out of this trait. A special device was attached to her foot to allow them to locate her, in case of the latter.

She sat down at her desk and looked at a photo that resided there, it was an earlier piece when they had returned for the 4th time to Earth. It was of the clones and their families and one of her happier memories. She wished she knew what had happened to them all, after so much time had passed for them. She knew of one thought, since she resided on Colony 4549834-11bz or “Zen” as its inhabitants call it and lived with Mira, Zirkon’s former servant. The one called Ezzy seemed to be a complex one but with an imagination that had worlds starving for her writings. She was always amazed at what that one came up with. Her decision to come to Tarra then onto Zen was one she questioned her about at their last meeting. She hadn’t said much and she had left it at that. She believed it had to do with the death of her parent but she left it alone.

So as for the others she did not know their fate, a long time had passed there. The one known as Mother had brought to her an idea, one of redemption of herself and of her other self. As she read through her proposal and talked with her, there wasn’t much else to be said but ‘good luck’, she wished her the best.

Medical Lab 21:

And then there was Alison..., who had been born not long after they arrived. She had begun studying under Shearah and there were rumors that she was turning out to be a better physician than the old...err young coot.

The alarms sounded throughout the lab and surrounding area, the room filled with a non-toxic gas that extinguished the fire that Alison had inadvertently made. The fires died down and as the fog cleared both Shearah and Alison looked pretty messed up. Their fur was covered in a slick material that the fog left behind. It was a result of the chemical interaction with the air that gave it the properties to put out fires. She felt totally embarrassed by the whole situation and bowed her head in shame.

“Let me guess...” Shearah said in mock anger, “Lysian 4 and Becoop 6...am I close??” As she glanced at Alison her fur shone in the light, it reminded her of Lyja.

“I mistakenly used Becoop 4, master Shearah, it reactive negatively.” Alison spoke. She wasn’t all that old, she had a massive growth spell after she was born. Shearah and Tolare her physicians were able to bring it under control before she became an old maid; before her time.

The time she spent with them brought her to a love of medicine and this is what she was striving for. She learned many things quickly but it seemed that she was having a little problem with the chemistry aspect of things. She truly had a gift that Shearah saw in helping others if she could just get this chemistry problem under control.

“Alison...I do not understand how you can be so extremely talented in most aspects of a physician and yet be totally incompetent in others! This is the third time you have destroyed this lab in a month!! Your test for physician 5 is in two weeks! At this rate you will not be ready.”

“I am sorry Master Shearah, I confused the two chemicals; they are the same in colour.”

“That’s why they have labels Alison!” Shearah noticed that Alison had broken down and began crying as she spoke. In the past, Alison had merely cleaned up the lab the best she could and tried to learn by her mistakes but this time it was different. It seems that she had been hurt by her insensitive comments. “Alison I am sorry,” she said as she approached and sat next to her.

“You’re right, I’m a klutz.”

Shearah was not familiar with that word and the translator didn’t really have a word relating to it. “I’m not sure I understand this klutz thing Alison.”

“It means someone who makes a lot of mistakes, time after time, never seeming to get things right.”

“Alison, you are not this klutz thing. I think working with these chemicals make you too nervous to concentrate fully. We will have to practice more and I will have to watch you more closely that is all...and wear appropriate garments.” Shearah looked down at the slimy coating that covered both of them.

Alison put on a slight smile, “Sorry.”

“It’s not that big a problem and to be honest with you...I blew up a couple of labs too.” Alison face lit up, “Mind you, if you tell anyone about that, I’ll purposely feed you this goop!!!”

“I will not tell anyone.” She hugged her teacher; she was determined to get this right...even if she had to blow up another lab...or two.

A faint voice in her head spoke, “Blew up the lab again huh?” It was Mother and their unbreakable physic bond acting up again.

“Hush you!” She sent back.

USA

Endora sighed as she finished the last bit of juice in her glass, the first glass didn’t seem to do the trick in quenching her thirst. She put the glass in the sink just as she heard the front door slam and the sound of running feet coming towards her. The kitchen door was flung open as a tall, thin Swallow and Zirkon entered the room.

“Woah ladies!! Slow down a bit, it’s time to relax now, schools over remember,” she smiled at the two.

Swallow bent over and kissed her mother on the cheek, “Sorry Mom, you won’t believe what I saw today in biology.”

She shrugged, “Whatever it was I hope it wasn’t something that looked edible.”

Swallow just gave her mother a look, “Mom!”

“Just teasing, so tell me what did you see?”

Zirkon had sat down at the table and listened to the tale she had heard not too long ago. “Well the prof brought in a zoologist who presented an albino python.” Endora cringed, she hated snakes, they freaked her out and she knew she was going to get all the gory details right now about this one. “She was 14 feet long Mom and really pretty.” It seems that Swallow had accepted her other half, finally. Endora sat down as Swallow went into more details about the snake and even how he fed her in front of everyone. During this time Zirkon had pulled out a piece of paper and pushed it towards her.

Zirkon had taken to living on Earth quite well, although she found the silence a bit strange. She always imagined a world where she couldn’t hear everyone’s thoughts and now it was a living reality. It was so strange to her, although if she really wanted to know all she had to do was concentrate but it was nicer not to intrude on others.

She looked at the paper as Swallow got juice for herself and Zirkon. “Easy on the juice Swallow, supper won’t be too long.” The words were fuzzy and she was going to have to get her glasses, “Zir what does this paper say?”

“It’s a form for permission to leave the school and travel to the zoo.”

“A field trip, Mom.” Swallow said enthusiastically.

“It sounds like fun, but why do you girls need one? You’re both of age!”

“From what the teacher said it’s policy now, without the form we can’t go.” Zir responded.

“Ok, I’ll sign it later when I have my glasses on.” Swallow gave a glass to Zir. “Have you homework to do?”

“Yes.” Swallow said.

“Then it might be best if you got to it before supper, I know you and if you get that video game going then you’re not going to stop.”

“Mom...”

“Don’t deny it, you two like that thing way too much.”

Zirkon smiled, “I never had anything like that on my home world, it’s enjoyable.”

“Well do your homework first and let me see it. Then you can play all you want.”

They both downed their juice and were off but before they left she stopped Zir; Swallow ran on upstairs oblivious that Zir was not right behind. “Are you ok? You’re very quiet today.”

“I’m ok, the creatures on your world are very strange; this snake thing was not something I cared that much for.”

“I know what you mean, they creep me out too. I just wanted to be sure, I keep forgetting that you are still encountering new things. Keep in mind Swallow is part snake and any revulsion you have for them could slip out and hurt her. She is only now coming to terms with her body. ”

“I understand, I just won't spend too much time at the zoo with these snake things.”

“Good, now run on up stairs and start on your homework, I’ll call you when dinner is ready. Oh and use your other arms to do it this time, I don’t want you to lose your control of them.”

“I will.”

“Your sewing is lovely work, by the way. That reminds me; if you are interested, I know several femmes who would like a couple of pieces from you. That’s if you want to.”

“I’d like that.”

“Ok I’ll talk with them and see if I can’t get them to come over and meet with you.”

“Sounds good, it will be nice to do another piece.” She left Endora alone once more.
Having the house full again was another big difference she had to get used to.

As she put Swallow’s and Zir’s glasses in the sink she thought it best to wash them, there would be enough when the dinner ones came. She plugged the sink, drew some water and as she finished up the last glass the doorbell rang. She wondered who it might be. She really wasn’t expecting anyone. She dried her paws and headed for the door. She looked through the spy hole but only saw a black coat. Whoever it was she was tall.

She opened the door and there stood a tall yellow creature in a long dark coat. She didn’t recognize her but there was something about this one that she couldn’t put her finger on. “Hello can I help you?”

“Hello Endora, it’s nice to see you again.”

“Ah...I think you have me confused with some one else, I don’t believe we have met.”

“Oh, it’s not surprising that you don’t recognize me, I’ve grown a lot since we last saw each other.”

It was at that moment she knew who this was, “MOTHER!” The creature smiled and Endora’s fur went straight up on the defensive. “You dare show your face here after everything you’ve done to my family!” She took a step forward and Mother stepped back in retreat.

“I mean no harm besides that was another version of me.”

“I think you better leave now before I call the police.”

“It would be best to listen to me for a moment. Maybe it would be best if I just showed you.” She opened her coat to expose a baby carrier and bundled all up was a young kit. She exposed the kits face for Endora to see, it was a skunk, one with her markings.

“What has that kit got to do with me?”

“Everything Endora, I’d like you to meet your sister.”

The End.

Woah 25 chapter of ups and downs and ins and outs.......wow.
All I can say to everyone is thanks for all the comments and praise.
Also a big thanks for sticking with me in this adventure, it’s been a fun run and I hope all of you enjoyed it.

As for another tale, I don’t know, I guess if I can figure out another good plot to go along with our little clone family; I will write another (Big Grin)

So again many thanks for tagging along.

Sincerely Mark.

Tuesday, January 20, 2004

It has been one wild ride, hasn’t it? Almost two years worth at an average of a chapter a month ain’t bad either. Great job Mark, keep up the good work!

Your editor with a bite,

Kathmandu

Pseudo-epilogue by Kathmandu

“So, Ti, did you and Richard get angry when you found out the Zargozians had screwed up?”

“No, not really. How about you and Zir? You two upset about it?”

“Heck no, it was a happy day when we found out. What about Hec? Is he mad about it?

“Are you nuts? To find out that exchanging body fluids over long periods of time would allow the machines to migrate, expand and in turn make our mates immortal same as us and be mad about it? He’s lovin’ every minute of it.”

“You bet I am!” Hector said as he looked at the horizon, “You know what this place needs? A little atmosphere.”

“Honey, that was funny a thousand years ago when the sun expanded and boiled off the atmosphere but now it’s just old. Here, I found some gypsum and a bit of sulfur to go with that igneous rock you’ve got there, mmmm.”

“I did always love your cooking, dear.”

Cue Star Wars ending, roll credits.
That’s it folks, there is no more. Go home… go home!

Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great ending to a great story Cheets of course it's really just an opening to another story I had wondered what had happened to Edora's sister if her mother was supposed to have had twins. Oh and that epilog, hilarious

mfwhite
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 6:26 pm    Post subject: OOh first reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Great ending to a great story Cheets of course it's really just an opening to another story

Another story!!!!!!! Oh no..what have i gotten myself into. Rolling Eyes

Quote:
I had wondered what had happened to Edora's sister if her mother was supposed to have had twins.

Endora's twin sister died at birth, it was a little known fact only known to a few people.

Quote:
Oh and that epilog, hilarious.

Yup Dave being Zany again.....bad Dave bad........ Wink

Cheetaur

Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*GRINS* Good wrap up there with a nice, open ending that'll allow you to do another story should you decide to.

Congrats!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vixdraw

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:43 pm    Post subject: Great ride!!! Reply with quote

Hope you've made a hard copy of all of them, in addition to disk.

BTW, I've kinda forgotten: what species of animal are the aliens? And Mother? Zirkon?

Take care.

mfwhite
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 4:55 pm    Post subject: The reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Hope you've made a hard copy of all of them, in addition to disk.

Yup triplicate, yellow copy filed, pink copy sent to lawyer, green copy sent to Eric, white copy is mine.

Quote:
BTW, I've kinda forgotten: what species of animal are the aliens? And Mother? Zirkon?

The aliens resemble small weasels, rangeing from 3 to 4 ft in height, basic colour was a light blue, Kira happened to be green which was a rarer colour.

Mother is a small version of a prehistoric creature that was in the pod, her form changed as her program tried to correct defects in trying to match the original. In doing so small incosistancies showed up, if i remeber she said she was once pink in colour.

Zirkon is a mutant, similar Lyja in that they have genetic traits that make them different from what is deemed a normal Zargozian. She too looks like a weasel but is completely black from top of head to her claws. She also has another set of arms below her main ones, she has become proficient in using both sets to do a number of things. Endora made note of it here in the last chapter that she was to use them, for most of the times Zirkons arms are hidden from public view.

I hope that answers your question.

And i hope you enjoyed the entire tale.....seems most folks have which pleases me to know end.

As for the ending....Twisted Evil (Maniacle laughter HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA)

Cheetaur
Wink

Xaqtly

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well now that I've read all three of your Sabrina tales from start to finish, I must say that not a moment of it has been wasted. This was an absolute fireworks factory of creativity, going places and creating concepts I would never even dream of. But it was so much more than interesting new ideas - somehow you managed to form a detailed, purposeful and compelling storyline underneath the mind-bending twists and turns, revelations, surprises and jaw-droppers.

This story was risky to do from a writer's perspective. Sabrina is one of furrydom's most beloved characters, and it's possible some furs could have taken great offense to cloning her so many different ways, experimenting with her, turning her into a taur, a giant, a half snake even. But look what happened - Ti, Heather, Ezzy and Swallow are great characters, and you imbued them with such personality and life. I know I'll miss them, and I can only hope you decide to do another one some day. Smile

Frazikar

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To Cheetaur - take a few months off and recharge the batteries (especially after 25 chapters).

After that, you may think about Sab4 (you left enought threads out there).

[Ya know, here's where someone's supposed to say something about seeing the first part of Sab4 in the first quater of 2005 or so but why go there....hehehe]
Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised Shocked That is supposed to be the last chapter? Rolling Eyes
Are you crazy? Evil or Very Mad There are more open questions than ever!!!

Good work, but stopping here is just plain mean!

So many questions...
How did Afain become emperor? What about Endora's sister? How did that happen like this? Apparently her trip to the past changed what happened with Mother...

Xaqtly

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the explanation is simple really...

Cheets is EVIL.

Twisted Evil

Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> cheetaur All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: